• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What dose?

yamar1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi all,

New to this forum and wanted to get opinions. Long story short, I am a 32 yr old male, eat healthy and lift/workout consistently. No intention of gaining any more mass. The last 2 yrs havn't been feeling like my old self, had about a half dozen lab tests that have me between the low 400's to high 400's (last 2 were in the low 4's).

Anyways, like most traditional docs I couldn't find one in my area who wants to treat because I am "in range". Pulled the trigger on one of those online HRT clinics. Was RX'd 200 mg test cyp/wk, 1 mg Adex 2x/wk and 300 IU HCG 2x/wk.

Based on research I have been doing some people think this is wayyyy to much of a dose which is fine I don't mind taking less (scrip with last me longer) and then some people I see are RX'd like 250 or even 300.

What is your experience? I only want to get to the top end of standard (800-1200 ng/dl).

I plan on running blood work around week 5. Is it better to A) start on the high end (200 mg) or b) Start on the low end (100 mg) and assess from there?

THanks

In my opinion 200mgs is not way to much.
We have some great sticky's on HRT. I am certainly no expert on TRT since I have only done cycles.
However I know lots of guys who cruise between cycles and their dose is 300mgs.
I think you may want to read about half lifes of testosterone.
Doctors say once a week pin should work and yes it will but since the half life is around 10 days I would think you would have more steady levels of test if you did your shots every five days.
Just a thought. It's nice to see they set you up with arimadex and HCG.
If you do this experiment with the 100mgs first and then the 200mgs I think you will do much better with the 200mgs.
But since you can do blood work that will show you when you get you'r range zeroed in.

In my opinion 200mgs is not way to much.
We have some great sticky's on HRT. I am certainly no expert on TRT since I have only done cycles.
However I know lots of guys who cruise between cycles and their dose is 300mgs.
I think you may want to read about half lifes of testosterone.
Doctors say once a week pin should work and yes it will but since the half life is around 10 days I would think you would have more steady levels of test if you did your shots every five days.
Just a thought. It's nice to see they set you up with arimadex and HCG.
If you do this experiment with the 100mgs first and then the 200mgs I think you will do much better with the 200mgs.
But since you can do blood work that will show you when you get you'r range zeroed in.

Thanks roaddking. I think I will split the difference and go 100 mg E5D then run bloods at week 5. If it doesn't put me in the 800-900 range I will simply up the dose.

sorry if my opinion does not fit your desires but your first doc was right , i am not sure why you want to take anything and rely on anything if you have no illness, you are 32 you should not be concerned about your test level.

sorry if my opinion does not fit your desires but your first doc was right , i am not sure why you want to take anything and rely on anything if you have no illness, you are 32 you should not be concerned about your test level.

Well I didn't want to go into it at low level but since you brought it up:

No I don't fit the clinical diagnosis for hypogonadism but despite super consistency in the gym my strength is on par with that a novice teenage girl. When I overeat every pound is partitioned to fat, I no longer can add any weight on the bar. Regardless of the caloric reduction my bodyfat will not dip below 15ish% (tyroid hormone is normal). I don't get a boner without active stimulation, haven't had morning wood since I was like 18. I have zero desire to do anything socially. I have tried DAA, tribulas, andro 400 all of it and nothing works. I track every caloire that goes into my mouth, never miss a workout, get great sleep, have no stress etc..

so.....

I found that "progressive" doctors are pushing male hormone replacement not necessarily to treat and illness but to enhance quality of life, which is exactly what I am looking for. In addition, a lot of studies are popping up showing that optimal levels of male hormone can actually prevent illnesses associated with aging! I am not looking for an easy road out. I have exhausted all options!! Additionally I have no intention of gaining mass anymore or any of that. I would just like to look like I workout and live a life that isn't so under average.

So I understand the opinion from your end of the spectrum but please understand that my reason for using TRT is gaining momentum in society. I have no shame in it. Joe Rogan has a good podcast on TRT that is consistent with my opinions. He openly uses an HRT clinic as well.

Last edited:
Well a Endo I know thinks even at 400 he would put you on trt he likes 700-800 range. I would run the 100 every 5days then wait 7 and have blood work.

Well I didn't want to go into it at low level but since you brought it up:

No I don't fit the clinical diagnosis for hypogonadism but despite super consistency in the gym my strength is on par with that a novice teenage girl. When I overeat every pound is partitioned to fat, I no longer can add any weight on the bar. Regardless of the caloric reduction my bodyfat will not dip below 15ish% (tyroid hormone is normal). I don't get a boner without active stimulation, haven't had morning wood since I was like 18. I have zero desire to do anything socially. I have tried DAA, tribulas, andro 400 all of it and nothing works. I track every caloire that goes into my mouth, never miss a workout, get great sleep, have no stress etc..

so.....

I found that "progressive" doctors are pushing male hormone replacement not necessarily to treat and illness but to enhance quality of life, which is exactly what I am looking for. In addition, a lot of studies are popping up showing that optimal levels of male hormone can actually prevent illnesses associated with aging! I am not looking for an easy road out. I have exhausted all options!! Additionally I have no intention of gaining mass anymore or any of that. I would just like to look like I workout and live a life that isn't so under average.

So I understand the opinion from your end of the spectrum but please understand that my reason for using TRT is gaining momentum in society. I have no shame in it. Joe Rogan has a good podcast on TRT that is consistent with my opinions. He openly uses an HRT clinic as well.
well then if you wish to try TRT , then my advice is to go through a doctor who has experience in that field, i hope you find what you are looking for.

well then if you wish to try TRT , then my advice is to go through a doctor who has experience in that field, i hope you find what you are looking for.

Thanks bro. IT's pretty much a no go in terms of finding a traditional doctor who will treat a guy seeking "optimal" hormone levels. It's not an accepted medical practice for those resasons just yet.

ANyways I am just giving it a 12 week trail run to see if is worth the funds. I have a PCT lined up if I decide it isn't worth. Yes my age is a factor (not sure I am ready to make the life long leap to TRT, just yet).

200 has been my hrt dose for 8 years. 100 mg EW is about normal but, I know what I need and 200 is it although I havent done that little in a long time.

200 has been my hrt dose for 8 years. 100 mg EW is about normal but, I know what I need and 200 is it although I havent done that little in a long time.

What does 200 mg put your levels at? If you don't mind me asking.

Back