• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sesame Workshop Rips Obama's Big Bird Ad-orders Obama to stop

heavyiron

Chemistry Experiment
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Obama campaign deploys Big Bird in new ad

By BETH FOUHY, AP
4 hours ago

A person dressed as Big Bird holds a sign outside Republican presidential ca...

NEW YORK - President Barack Obama deployed Big Bird in a new campaign ad Tuesday mocking Mitt Romney's vow to end federal funding for public broadcasting. Romney's campaign dismissed it as an example of Obama being small-minded while the foundation behind Big Bird's program, "Sesame Street," asked that the ad be taken down.

The satirical spot, set to air on national broadcast and cable TV stations, shows images of convicted financiers, including Bernie Madoff and Enron's Ken Lay, and suggests Romney thinks Big Bird is behind their crimes.

"Only one man has the guts to speak his name," the ad says.

Romney said in last week's nationally televised debate with Obama that he liked Big Bird but would, if elected, end federal subsidies for the Public Broadcasting Service to help balance the budget. PBS airs "Sesame Street."

Obama seized on that comment the day after the debate and has used it every day since to poke at Romney.

"He'll get rid of regulations on Wall Street, but he's going to crack down on Sesame Street. Thank goodness somebody is finally cracking down on Big Bird," Obama joked at a campaign rally in Madison, Wis., the day after the debate, as his audience roared with laughter. "Who knew that he was responsible for all these deficits? Elmo has got to watch out."

But Sesame Workshop, which supports "Sesame Street," didn't see it as a laughing matter.

"Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns," the organization said in a terse, two-sentence statement. "We have approved no campaign ads and, as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down."

Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said the campaign was reviewing Sesame Workshop's concerns.
Romney's campaign countered that the ad shows Obama is focusing on inconsequential matters rather than the urgent issues voters care about, like the economy and unemployment.

"Right now you've got 23 million Americans struggling to find work," spokesman Kevin Madden told reporters Tuesday. "I just find it troubling that the president's message, the president's focus 28 days from Election Day, is Big Bird."

PBS receives a portion of its funding from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which receives an annual appropriation from Congress. In 2012, CPB received $445 million in federal funding. PBS said in a news release after last week's presidential debate that public broadcasting receives about one one-hundredth of 1 percent of the federal budget.
___
Associated Press writers Jim Kuhnhenn and Josh Lederman in Washington and Steve Peoples in Iowa contributed to this report.

I thought it was cute on SNL when Big Bird said they don't want to "ruffle any feathers." Absolutely see their point in not wanting to take a side.

At this point tho it's kinda like trying to put a fart back in your ass. BB has become part of this debate in illustrating the sheer idiocy of focusing on something so infinitesimally small like it will have an effect on the deficit.

A4U8LdyCIAAQuZE.png

Ask any one who is successful. You do not win by giving up inches. You win by taking an extra in and not giving up that inch and at the end of the game those inches add up. It can be with money, sports, or life. It is all the same. I judge my success of off this. While people have no value for change or dollars. I saved every cent I owed. Never said O i have a dollar, since I have it I will spend it. I put it into savings. In one year that change and dollars added up to 1000$ every year. Just by emptying my pockets every day. I would never spend a dime of my change. I am 28 right now and have 13,000$ just from saving pocket change. My dad got me into this habit he does the same thing.

So you say 445 million is a small % of what we owe. That small % over x amount of years and adding up all the other small % of stuff we spend adds up fast. I mean I saved up a down payment on a house, just by emptying my pockets each day and budgeting my money. Now keep in mind I saved over 50 % of most my income for a good part of my life as well. Not giving into things like car stereos and was smart with my money from day one. I owe zero money to any one with exception of a mortgage at 3.5%.

So tell me where spending money on things that are not vital is a good way to get out of debt. Every dollar counts when its finally added up. Maybe this is what broke people do not understand about money. You can not spend it on stupid shit if you want to make money.

if i overdrew my bank account by 100 $ then counting pennies might help. if i overdrew it by 16 TRILLION $... not so much.

if i overdrew my bank account by 100 $ then counting pennies might help. if i overdrew it by 16 TRILLION $... not so much.

yes but counting millions is. When they give 445 million... You realize that there is what 330 million people in the US and they gave 445 million to public TV. That small percent has a bigger meaning now.

it was a well spent dollar. let's see what that same dollar gets us now. isn't going to mean shit when spending is still being done like daddy has a platinum card.

lol Obama is the worst government spender. What are you talking about...Your predictions are based off a theory. You have no clue how Romney is going to run the country, so your ideological is ran off of pure ignorance. We all know how Obama would run this country off of facts. How he has failed, so any intelligent person would be able to put two and two together.

my theory is based on the kind of man Romney has shown himself to be.

a greed driven coward.

Clinton dodged the draft and your point....

Honestly i am completely against vietnam and as a vet hold no bad feelings for people who did dodge the draft. No one should EVER be forced to fight in war. As a actual war vet fighting in combat I personally would NEVER want the guy watching my back not being 100% invested in serving his country. So LW until you have personally fought in a war and understand what it is like and the emotions that are felt in combat your post is denied.

not fucking hardly. i lost family members in Vietnam who weren't spoiled little rich boys and did not have a choice to not go. a lot of veterans detest his cowardice. so much easier to order men to war than go yourself.

Also using picture of Vets to attempt to make a point with out knowing their personal stance on the situation is unethical and I call the bullshit flag on that one. Must be a Democratic thing then Obama now puts big bird in his campaign with our permission and LW puts vets photos claiming they would not be for Romney... When in fact most vet's know about this and still support him over Obama.

using anti BB slop for your campaign is a clear indication that BHO campaign manager is having as hard of time finding good things to say about BHO as the rest of the US taxpaying citizens, emphasis on taxpaying citizens.

not fucking hardly. i lost family members in Vietnam who weren't spoiled little rich boys and did not have a choice to not go. a lot of veterans detest his cowardice. so much easier to order men to war than go yourself.

Yes, and that does not make it right period. The vietnam war was a mistake on the government. Just as the government is making this mistake. Like I said you have 0 personal experience with what it is like fighting in war. you have zero experience with what its like serving people who do not want to be at war. People die in battle because of mistakes that are made by people who are not committed for war. I support EVERY draft dodger because I feel that the draft was unconstitutional and they stood up for their rights. Why should any one HAVE to fight a war. I served so others do not have to.

Also he did not do any thing illegal, which would imply draft dodging. He took his deferments due to education, which was in place by the government so by law he did nothing wrong. He was entitled to do what he did. Also every draft dodger was exhanerated because the government realized the mistake they made. If serving your country is so important to you then where was Obama during all of this. Where was your American hero?

I would never wish war upon ANY one who did not volunteer. Saying he should have went because the government said he needs to it horrible.

IML Gear Cream!
lmao how anyone serving talks like they are the only one who ever did or has any valid opinion on the matter. both my brothers served and one sent me a collection of wounded soldiers saying it's easier to order this than nut up and go, something romney and his son's will never understand.

i'd imagine he held off on yelling "terrorist" till all the facts were in. some Americans are sick and fucking tired of going to war over the word.

He still has not even address it and even his terrorist advisers said from day 1 he knew. Even his democratic party says he is spending to much time with big bird this this issue.

Again you have never seen war or no what war is about. The draft was a horrible thing and unconstitutional. No one should ever be forced to fight PERIOD and if any one who has ever served in actual combat wishes that on people then they need help. I have heard military member talk about ooo have balls and join bla bla bla. If your heart is not ready to die for your country stay the hell out of my service. I will not want to fight next to you. I have seen to many people freeze up and put other peoples lives at risk because they were in a war they did not believe in. They joined for the wrong reasons.

For all we know Romney is not meant to fight a war, not every one is cut out for combat and I will never wish that on my worst enemy. If your slandering Romney for this then answer me this did you support Clinton because he is just as much of a coward then. Also where was Obama in all of this?

I think the real question should be did Obama lie and create a fake identity to dodge the draft.

Final thoughts...

EVERY THING ROMNEY DID WAS LEGAL...

Obama was the same place I was during Vietnam.... Childhood.

:wacko: and this is what happens to kids that miss out on Sesame Street folks :coffee:

Last edited:
I thought it was cute on SNL when Big Bird said they don't want to "ruffle any feathers." Absolutely see their point in not wanting to take a side.

At this point tho it's kinda like trying to put a fart back in your ass. BB has become part of this debate in illustrating the sheer idiocy of focusing on something so infinitesimally small like it will have an effect on the deficit.

I personally think small cuts are almost just as important as big ones. I recently reduced all the bills I could. I only saved a few bucks per month reducing my data plan on my phone and I saved hundreds switchng insurance. I think an intelligent person cuts as many costs as they can because eventually all the small ones add up. I think of it as stewardship. Are we good stewards of our money? Anyway, if sesame street is a good product it will sell without hand outs. If its an undesirable product then it will fail.

there's an old saying, I think it goes like this "watch your nickels and dimes and let your dollars take care of themselves" in your budget every penny should count.

I personally think small cuts are almost just as important as big ones. I recently reduced all the bills I could. I only saved a few bucks per month reducing my data plan on my phone and I saved hundreds switchng insurance. I think an intelligent person cuts as many costs as they can because eventually all the small ones add up. I think of it as stewardship. Are we good stewards of our money? Anyway, if sesame street is a good product it will sell without hand outs. If its an undesirable product then it will fail.

Like I said, let's burn our libraries next. Even when you're pinching pennies some things are worth the cost. So happy we can still afford war.

The man has fucked up values and America will suffer for it.

Like I said, let's burn our libraries next. Even when you're pinching pennies some things are worth the cost. So happy we can still afford war.

The man has fucked up values and America will suffer for it.

Who has fucked up values??? Have you looked at the obama "staff" 1.4 BILLION per YEAR for good little lick spittle's and campaign donors. Obama family 'costs taxpayers $1.4BILLION per year' | Mail Online

A US Ambassador was raped and killed after 13 requests for additional security, 30 embassy's under attack by Obama's fellow terrorists and he calls it a "bump in the road" The 2 SEAL's who honorably gave their lives were not security, they worked for a private contractor and jumped into the fight out of sheer courage and love of country. The same country that Kenyan piece of shit hates and apologizes for. Those scumbags knew and had warning of attacks and did nothing. our soldiers who you claim to care about were not allowed BULLETS.

In 2008 Obama the piece of shit that he is skipped meeting the wounded troops in Germany to have a workout. Meanwhile Romney, this man who you claim has no values anonymously paid for the 7,000 pints of milk a week for a VA hospital for 3 years before becoming Governor. Mitt Romney Outed By The Milkman: Candidate Anonymously Donates Thousands Of Pints Of Milk To Sick Vets

An illegal war in Libya by Obama supporting the muslim brotherhood and terrorists as was his support of Egyptian terrorists and betraying American allies.

The doctor who gave us Osama bin laudin sits in a prison cell unaided by Obama who caused his confinement by leaking national secrets on public tv to get poll points.

Obama is far far below Osama in damage done to my country.

Name a single pledge Obama has fulfilled?? He promised to cut the deficit in half, not double it. He's wiping out the middle class with obamacare and massive regulations.

Try knowing what the hell your talking about before trashing a real man.

Back