Super-DMZ Rx 2.0


Need advice on perscribed TRT meds.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 246
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    Need advice on perscribed TRT meds.






    I am 45 yrs. old, been doing prohormones for quite a years. just had all my levels checked and all were good except my testosterone was at 242 so Dr started me on TRT. He would only perscribe Axiron transdermal at 60mg/day. I talked to him about it increasing my estrogen and he knew nothing on this subject. Has anyone ever used Axiron and should I be concerned about estrogen levels raising? Any info you guys can provide would be great appreciated...

  2. #2
    Moderator
    MODERATOR
    bigmoe65's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    5,592
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Any type of testosterone administration can cause an increase in estrogen via aromatization. You will just need to to some lab work maybe 4-6 weeks after being on to see if its a problem.
    DRSE: SEEK AND DESTROY

  3. #3
    Has a face for violence.
    S_walker's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    498
    Rep Points
    48785769

    My Dr put me on 250mg cyp a week. I asked about an AI and he said it wasn't necessary. He not aware of the other 1000mg a week I take lol. Get bloodwork done in 5 weeks, be specific about what you want checked and find the sticky on here about getting labs without a Dr. You might also ask the Dr about switching you to injections.
    Edit: next time you see him have plenty of medical paperwork supporting what you think would be best for you. Most general physicians have no clue as what's best when it comes to TRT.


    Good luck
    I never find the time to find another place,
    I'm a bad motherfucker who lives it every day.
    You never look at me now, you never look me in the face.
    I'm a timebomb yeah

  4. #4
    Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    SloppyJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,292
    Rep Points
    565310008

    I'd find another doctor. Yours sounds like he shouldn't be giving out TRT meds.
    Like people about as much as they like me. Never found a way to say fuck you politely.

  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    I tried to explain about estrogen going up, but of course he denied that it would happen with low dose of Testosterone. He was totally against shots. Suppose to have new labs run 1st of December. The thought of looking at another doctor that understands trt might be my best shot. I just started today with axiron at 60 mg, and formeron at 2 pumps per day. Figured this would suffice for now. Does that sound about right until I can get dr. to change or find a new one?

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    270268

    Quote Originally Posted by flagsup View Post
    I tried to explain about estrogen going up, but of course he denied that it would happen with low dose of Testosterone. He was totally against shots. Suppose to have new labs run 1st of December. The thought of looking at another doctor that understands trt might be my best shot. I just started today with axiron at 60 mg, and formeron at 2 pumps per day. Figured this would suffice for now. Does that sound about right until I can get dr. to change or find a new one?
    He is actually correct. Estrogen will not raise beyond standard unless you take testosterone really high. Unfortunately this is the standard protocol used by conventional doctors. Raise testosterone to the low end of normal and screw you.

    Deal with a TRT clinic. They will give you everything you need to thrive as a man and feel young again.

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    I have been reading alot and checking out some TRT clinics. Anyone know any around the spokane, wa. area. I found a good one in seattle that charges $20-$40/ week with labs included, does that sound about normal? I appreciate the advice. This axiron makes me nervous when it comes to transferance to my wife. Put it on, wait 3 min to dry, wait 2 hours and wash to have contact with my wife, that shit is messed up...Alot of hassle to be doing for a long time..

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    Finally got an appointment with an endo at the end of November. In the meantime, I am running a cycle with my perscribed Axiron, 2 pills ed of Halo Plex, 1 pill Ed of Cyanostane, 2 pumps ed of Formeron. I also take 2 pills ed of taurine to keep back pumps down, fish oil to help with my joints. Awesome cycle. My strength is through the roof, vascularity is better every day, have gained 4 lbs of muscle in the last 2 weeks. Is there anything else that I am missing or does that sound decent?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    DetMuscle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    730
    Rep Points
    100237426

    I had to explain esters, HCG, Arimidex and all that to my doctor. He admitted he didnt understand it. Just explain it to him. If he doesnt give it to you, knock him out

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    1950563

    Quote Originally Posted by flagsup View Post
    Finally got an appointment with an endo at the end of November. In the meantime, I am running a cycle with my perscribed Axiron, 2 pills ed of Halo Plex, 1 pill Ed of Cyanostane, 2 pumps ed of Formeron. I also take 2 pills ed of taurine to keep back pumps down, fish oil to help with my joints. Awesome cycle. My strength is through the roof, vascularity is better every day, have gained 4 lbs of muscle in the last 2 weeks. Is there anything else that I am missing or does that sound decent?

    Its nice that you finally got appointment with endo, you mention you are using some TRT medicines, what is you exp with TRT meds. I have used androgel testosterone replacement it worked for me. What is your exp, with TRT and androgel..

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    I haven't used androgel, just axiron. I am new to all this trt stuff, been reading alot on it and been on this forum quite a bit trying to get a heads up on what to exspect...

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    I have literature to take with me to help with my appointment with the endro...My GP said no way to shots, atleast he admitted that he doesn't know enough about them and referred me to a specialist.....

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    1950563

    Quote Originally Posted by flagsup View Post
    I haven't used androgel, just axiron. I am new to all this trt stuff, been reading alot on it and been on this forum quite a bit trying to get a heads up on what to exspect...
    hi, as you are new to Trt, i think it would be better for you to know the complete scenario or levels of treatment of TRT. Also I would say before using any med, or before taking any medicine it would be better to get information about it. The As Trt treatment is to be taken only on advice. So i think it would be better if you get better doctor who can direct for proper medication.

  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    1950563

    Quote Originally Posted by flagsup View Post
    I have literature to take with me to help with my appointment with the endro...My GP said no way to shots, atleast he admitted that he doesn't know enough about them and referred me to a specialist.....
    I didn't get that..
    Please explain. What you want to say

  15. #15
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    I have an appt with endo on 27th, trying to learn all I can to discuss my options with dr. Even on axiron, I still feel like crap on days..

  16. #16
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    1950563

    Quote Originally Posted by flagsup View Post
    I have an appt with endo on 27th, trying to learn all I can to discuss my options with dr. Even on axiron, I still feel like crap on days..
    I think you should stop using axiron, as you are not feeling good after using it. Consult doctor about it or I would say its time to get another better doctor or treatment for your problem. I think using some herbal remedy may help you. I think the doctor is not dealing with your actual problem. Be careful.. Get well soon.

  17. #17
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    Talked to Doctor about the axiron and he wanted me to stay on it until I can see the endo on the 27th to give them a baseline on how it effects me..Some days I feel it working, but it also bounces my estro all over the place. My labs are all due up again so next week with the endo and get all my labs run...I've been doing as much homework as I can so I know what to address with the endo...

  18. #18
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Points
    52349216

    Quote Originally Posted by flagsup View Post
    Talked to Doctor about the axiron and he wanted me to stay on it until I can see the endo on the 27th to give them a baseline on how it effects me..Some days I feel it working, but it also bounces my estro all over the place. My labs are all due up again so next week with the endo and get all my labs run...I've been doing as much homework as I can so I know what to address with the endo...

    Your doc has you on a gel. There are tons of guys who use gels/creams with great success and don't require an AI. You only need an AI typically if you are doing over 100mg of test (inject) a week. Most creams/gels are given at 100mg per day with 10% absorbtion rate so 10mg of test a day which most guys don't need an AI. Your E2 won't go up that much anyway in 4-5 weeks so see what your T levels are first. And I wouldn't recommend going on a cycle when you are getting TRT dialed in. It will mess up your blood work, all those pills will jack up your shit.

  19. #19
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Points
    52349216

    Quote Originally Posted by flagsup View Post
    I tried to explain about estrogen going up, but of course he denied that it would happen with low dose of Testosterone. He was totally against shots. Suppose to have new labs run 1st of December. The thought of looking at another doctor that understands trt might be my best shot. I just started today with axiron at 60 mg, and formeron at 2 pumps per day. Figured this would suffice for now. Does that sound about right until I can get dr. to change or find a new one?
    He is right with low dose T you don't need an AI. Many cutting edge TRT docs are now lowering even injectables to 80mg a week and not needing an AI. If you stay within the limits of what your body produces naturally (8*12mg T per day) your body won't convert to Estrogen. Typcially with creams docs will prescribe up to 120mg of cream per day with 10% absorbion that is only around 80mg per week which most guy's don't need an AI unless you are really sensitive to T.

    If creams/gels work for you I would keep with them. They mimic the natural cycle the best. And you are apply to your underarm so apply and put on a shirt? I don't see it transfering to your wife unless you are giving her the goods in the mourning with your shirt off right after applying. LOL

  20. #20
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    Thanks for the advice. The axiron is 30mg twice a day. I started taking formeron when I noticed I was getting soft and my chest was starting to show signs of man boobs and be soft with puffy nipples so I just figured it was my estrogen going up...My wife and I have always had a great sex life, 9-10 times a week is about an average and has been that way for some time. Since being on axiron I have noticed more aggressiveness, my libido goes back and forth, some acne, stonger erections but volume of ejaculate has gone down and the last two days I haven't been able to orgasm at all, which isn't normal for me. usually if we skip a day or two i am blowing her head off. Is this common with trt or is there something else I should be looking at. I am new to this and read up on everybody elses experience to try to figure out my own so any help would be great that I can talk with doc about on tuesday...

  21. #21
    Moderator
    MODERATOR
    blergs.'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    E.U.
    Posts
    2,657
    Rep Points
    205108041

    If he knew nothing about estro conversion then you need to find a new endo....
    WHO I use and recommend for high quality products:


    An AWESOME Place for HARD CORE REAL Bodybuilding Supplements:


    Save an additional 15% with code: blergs15

    Need the "REAL STUFF" ? NO B.S. Here, Only QUALITY:

    Also save an extra 10% with code: blergs10

  22. #22
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    151
    Rep Points
    1480397

    you are going to want to find a new doctor

    get proper labs done

    if they are not willing to check your estrogen levels then move on to another dr

  23. #23
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    My GP is the one that won't test for estro, my appt. on tuesday is with a new Endo. So hopefully I can get something dialed in.....

  24. #24
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    Before started TRT, my test level was at 241 for a 45 yr old male.I am 6'1'' and 195 lbs, I haven't had my body fat checked but is probably upper teens. For the most part my libido was good, would spike off and on being that I was taking herbal test/libido enhancers. My sex life has always been great, 9-10 times a week and being able to achieve an orgasm probably about 6-7 of those times. At times I would have issues of achieving an erection but most of the time that only happened after I did a prohormone cycle but my libido would come back to normal high with some horny goat weed and some maca. My energy level has been down and feeling depressed at times before trt. My doc wanted to put me on trt to improve all these. Since been on trt, my energy level is still down, will go high now and then but still kinda lathargic, my libido is still in question, my desire is off an on, can get an erection easy but at times can't orgasm, we still have sex 9-10 times per week. I have found that my estro raises easily and my chest will start getting soft and puffy nipples, I added formeron at 2 pumps ed and that almost seemed to lower my estro too much, I cut to 1 pump ed and is not quite enough to get rid of the puffiness. I am currently 200 lbs and my bodyfat has gone down. Gonna run labs end of Nov. but wanted to put my rundown out there for any suggestions on what you guys have gone through. I am wondering if trt is for me or if I should look another direction....

  25. #25
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    1950563

    Quote Originally Posted by flagsup View Post
    Before started TRT, my test level was at 241 for a 45 yr old male.I am 6'1'' and 195 lbs, I haven't had my body fat checked but is probably upper teens. For the most part my libido was good, would spike off and on being that I was taking herbal test/libido enhancers. My sex life has always been great, 9-10 times a week and being able to achieve an orgasm probably about 6-7 of those times. At times I would have issues of achieving an erection but most of the time that only happened after I did a prohormone cycle but my libido would come back to normal high with some horny goat weed and some maca. My energy level has been down and feeling depressed at times before trt. My doc wanted to put me on trt to improve all these. Since been on trt, my energy level is still down, will go high now and then but still kinda lathargic, my libido is still in question, my desire is off an on, can get an erection easy but at times can't orgasm, we still have sex 9-10 times per week. I have found that my estro raises easily and my chest will start getting soft and puffy nipples, I added formeron at 2 pumps ed and that almost seemed to lower my estro too much, I cut to 1 pump ed and is not quite enough to get rid of the puffiness. I am currently 200 lbs and my bodyfat has gone down. Gonna run labs end of Nov. but wanted to put my rundown out there for any suggestions on what you guys have gone through. I am wondering if trt is for me or if I should look another direction....

    Hey i think you need to change the treatment, or get a better doctor.

  26. #26
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    Thats what I am going to talk to endo about Tuesday. Just trying to get info on what others have experienced so I don't go in blind. Thanks for the insight. Will post what endo has to say on tuesday.

  27. #27
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    with my wife and kids
    Posts
    276
    Rep Points
    11945406

    My doc prescribes me 250mg per week but not aware of the other 1000mg a week I take!! That is sooo damb funny to me. That's good humor plus I don't feel bad anymore. I think everyone does this same thing they just dont admit it. That's the way to do it. I truely wont use high doses anymore cause I'm done with many years of massing up so I think im more than big enough now its time to just lift lighter and have fun with no stresss of getting huge.

  28. #28
    U mad?
    Intense's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,257
    Rep Points
    589654572

    Totally against injections, knows nothing about estro related issues? I'd get a second opinion.

  29. #29
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    8046342

    Tuesday is a new endo, hopefully this one is smarter...Thanks for all the good advise..

  30. #30
    Newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    10






    My hrt doc. really good lots of blood work. but pricy. since then my endo says under 300 is not low. appt in 2 weeks w uru limited blood rest w psa. If I have to train my own doc. maybe I should charge a fee?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pro-Meds
    By HCR in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 07:42 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 06:52 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 05:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->