• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training efficiently!

jimm

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Right we all know routines can get stale you have to switch things up..

My problem is my ego well I wouldn't say that cause it makes me seem like a arrogant prick when really I'm a very laid back guy..

My thing is this doesn't matter what I'm training I always have to do a set or a few we're I go to failure..

Iv been doing this for ages Today I trained chest and tris and really tries my best not to do this I dropped the weight a lil bit concentrated on form rather then trying so hard I feel like my blood vessels in my forehead were gonna explode.

I always warm up but once I et into my workouts I end up goin so heavy I can only get about 4-5 reps with shit form that's what I mean by ego.

I think I'm just over training in that regard iv platued.. Today my form was impeccable weights were not as high not by much but form was just spot on lowest rep was 8-10 form was slow and controlled full ROM felt good but strange was still intense but in a different way Just not used to this.

Do yiuthink I've been training stupidly with this with going to heavy sacrafising form frying my CNS? Obv I didn't do this every set but more often then not I would end up only getting about 5-6 reps because I could kinda attitude..

I'm thinking big kenny c is gonna tune in here..

felt good controlling the weight more looking arond the gym at a lot not all thinking wow that weight is way to heavy buddy ur probl hitting every muscle but the one it targeting.. Kinda a ego thing for me in general I think?!
Just feels weird but also felt a bit better like I was more in controll but just wasn't as hardcor as usuall I dunno I over think this body building shit till my head hurts!!

once a month I take a week and get lightly stoned before I walk into the gym. this week I lighten the weight significantly. most of the reps are done super slow. I flex throughout the whole motion. really focusing on the movement. I could care less about the weight.
IE-I can handle 315 on a incline for 12 -14 reps pretty readily. but I do dumbbell flat bench with 70s and rotate my wrist 50 percent to a reverse bench on the bottom, super low stretch and flex all the way up, full lockout for 30(?) reps... just stuff I would never do with a full load. I worry about only getting the most horriable pump I can get.
or I work a 225 squat superset with 135 front squat back and forth only taking enough time to catch my breath.

It feels good on the joints, creates a mind muscle connection that seems to hang over for a couple of weeks, it seems to spark an increase in appetite, and its just a nice change of pace to know that next week your doing something different.

My take on this is I have been doing all my sets with a weight I can control and I like 8-10 reps with full range of motion.
There are several young guys at the gym who are way stronger than I am and I just have to get over it and train the way I can to get a maximum pump.
I cant compete with those that are way stronger.
As long as I get a super hard pump regardless of the weight I know I am causing hypertrophy and will make gains.
There is no point of me busting a vein or getting a injury.
Sometimes the turtle wins the race.

Right we all know routines can get stale you have to switch things up..

My problem is my ego well I wouldn't say that cause it makes me seem like a arrogant prick when really I'm a very laid back guy..

My thing is this doesn't matter what I'm training I always have to do a set or a few we're I go to failure..

Iv been doing this for ages Today I trained chest and tris and really tries my best not to do this I dropped the weight a lil bit concentrated on form rather then trying so hard I feel like my blood vessels in my forehead were gonna explode.

I always warm up but once I et into my workouts I end up goin so heavy I can only get about 4-5 reps with shit form that's what I mean by ego.

I think I'm just over training in that regard iv platued.. Today my form was impeccable weights were not as high not by much but form was just spot on lowest rep was 8-10 form was slow and controlled full ROM felt good but strange was still intense but in a different way Just not used to this.

Do yiuthink I've been training stupidly with this with going to heavy sacrafising form frying my CNS? Obv I didn't do this every set but more often then not I would end up only getting about 5-6 reps because I could kinda attitude..

I'm thinking big kenny c is gonna tune in here..

felt good controlling the weight more looking arond the gym at a lot not all thinking wow that weight is way to heavy buddy ur probl hitting every muscle but the one it targeting.. Kinda a ego thing for me in general I think?!
Just feels weird but also felt a bit better like I was more in controll but just wasn't as hardcor as usuall I dunno I over think this body building shit till my head hurts!!

any kind of training has its benefits and its drawbacks, the way you were training before can get you stronger but it can also lead to injury which can be a pain in the ass. the way you trained today, slowly, in control , more reps is probably the way you should start training ,,,,it will give you better results and less chances for injury.

Kai Greene - I'll Never be A Weightlifter. - YouTube

well just thought i should try training this way for a while slowly add weight like couple of kg every month keeping form impecable, rather then balls to the wall and burining out and feeling pissed of because im litelerry busting my ass off every day in the gym and not getting the results i want... of course il still have my heavy days to failure but alot less often....

once a month I take a week and get lightly stoned before I walk into the gym. this week I lighten the weight significantly. most of the reps are done super slow. I flex throughout the whole motion. really focusing on the movement. I could care less about the weight.
IE-I can handle 315 on a incline for 12 -14 reps pretty readily. but I do dumbbell flat bench with 70s and rotate my wrist 50 percent to a reverse bench on the bottom, super low stretch and flex all the way up, full lockout for 30(?) reps... just stuff I would never do with a full load. I worry about only getting the most horriable pump I can get.
or I work a 225 squat superset with 135 front squat back and forth only taking enough time to catch my breath.

It feels good on the joints, creates a mind muscle connection that seems to hang over for a couple of weeks, it seems to spark an increase in appetite, and its just a nice change of pace to know that next week your doing something different.

yeah iv been to the gym after a smoke a few times i dont really smoke any more it can increase my anxeity as appose to alieviate it.. im sure it opens blood vessles due to the increased heart rate ive had some great pumps whilse high at the gym.. but every one is different i smoked so much in my younger days that going in blazed and keeping focused was not a problem if anything helped head phones in and was in the zone.. it does feel good knowing that no one can look at me and say shit about form! it makes the weights feel twice as heavy e.g if i was bencing 100kg i could blast out 10-15 reps but if i slow the negative right down controll squeeze then explode on the positive it feels like i got 130kg on that bar!

My take on this is I have been doing all my sets with a weight I can control and I like 8-10 reps with full range of motion.
There are several young guys at the gym who are way stronger than I am and I just have to get over it and train the way I can to get a maximum pump.
I cant compete with those that are way stronger.
As long as I get a super hard pump regardless of the weight I know I am causing hypertrophy and will make gains.
There is no point of me busting a vein or getting a injury.
Sometimes the turtle wins the race.

i honestly never watch any one in the gym i couldnt care less, using shit form really doesnt impress me.. iv only been at my new gym 2 months now but its hardcore compared with my last gym.. my last gym was a fitness centre type place loads of nice pussy around 5pm and on weekends but in terms of the atmospere and machines for a good workout nah was shite and i trained there petty much my whole time training!

theres alot of guys at my gym now who compete/ there was 2 guys the other day id say around 220+lbers were in the other day shredded up ready for a contest i was on a machine next to them helping my girlfriend out and couldnt help but watch there form it was second to none, they were on some row machine stacking it with perfect form same with pull downs they werent stacking the pull down machine but form was shit hot... then some fucking numnuts got on it after with horrific form using his whole body weight to jerk the weight up he was probly using the same weight.. and by the smug look on his face and by his body language with the old invisible lat syndrome i think he really genuinelly thought he was impressing people lol.. i felt sorrt for him.. some ppl just cant leave the ego at the door i guess..

well just thought i should try training this way for a while slowly add weight like couple of kg every month keeping form impecable, rather then balls to the wall and burining out and feeling pissed of because im litelerry busting my ass off every day in the gym and not getting the results i want... of course il still have my heavy days to failure but alot less often....

thanks for posting video. stretch and contract...stretch and contract, simple yet effective.

WOW! Those are great video's. Thank you for sharing.
I have a whole new outlook on my training and from now on I could care less what anyone thinks of how much weight I am lifting. I'm going to be doing a few things differently.

WOW! Those are great video's. Thank you for sharing.
I have a whole new outlook on my training and from now on I could care less what anyone thinks of how much weight I am lifting. I'm going to be doing a few things differently.

video had same effect on me. today is back and ill be following the simple priciple of stretch and contract, not going to be worried about the weights, just keep saying over and over in my head, stretch and contract, stretch and contract

Back