• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

strained back?

blond bomber

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm not really sure that I strained it, but I was doing heavy weights on a squat-like machine, and all of a sudden the left side of my back started to hurt. I don't think I was doing perfect form, kinda hunched over a little. Do you think that it's a strain. How long do back strains take to heal?

Do you think that it's a strain. How long do back strains take to heal?

Yep, you strained it. If it hurts at all in a week, give it another. Are you a Draper Fan?

ok, it has been 2 weeks. my back is still sore. i may be healing but i can't really tell? do strains sometimes take over 2 weeks to heal. I reeeaalllyy want to get back to doing squats. i never thought i could possibly miss them, but I do!!

i'm still training, but nothing that should aggravate it real bad. i do chest, shoulders (not shrugs), and bi's and tri's still. the only thing that hurts it a little that i do is standing curls.

Originally posted by blond bomber
i'm still training, but nothing that should aggravate it real bad. i do chest, shoulders (not shrugs), and bi's and tri's still. the only thing that hurts it a little that i do is standing curls.

if youve got insurance, why not just go see a doctor? you could probably get more specific advice from him than over a message board.

i've got horrible lower back pain.
and im 17.
i think i fucked up doing something :\

I strained something in my tailbone region once doing deadlifts and it tookmany, many weeks before I could do them or squats again... really sucked!

Best thing to do is to not push it. Give your body time to heal properly.

Try taking a couple Naproxen Sodium tablets. (Aleve) This is an anti inflamatory and 2 tabs is prescription strength. Helped my shoulder when I strained it.

IML Gear Cream!
I forgot about the Aleve, Rob :D I had to take it for 3-4 days but it did help.

Originally posted by butterfly
I strained something in my tailbone region once doing deadlifts and it tookmany, many weeks before I could do them or squats again... really sucked!
(DG bites his lip very hard!!!!!!!!!:D )

Originally posted by blond bomber

you're underestimating the involvement of your back in EVERY exercise.

i strained my lower lumbar region a few days ago at gymnastics. was i ever PISSED! things that interfere with my training do not make me happy. but i took my doc and trainers advice and took it easy for about three days (no cardio or anything engaging the lower back, just some isolating exercise for upper body) and i am almost 100% better. depending on how bad your strain is it could take more or less time to heal. just suck it up and take some time off. i know it sucks but the gym's not going anywhere.

blond bomber, take it from someone who has his share of lower back problems, go see a chiroprator. They are more qaulified to help you when it comes to muscle strains. There may be a reason you strained one side.
As for lifting, I would put it on hold for a week. If you follow the Docs advice to the T you should be fine in a week or two, if you fight it, it can take months.
If you can't see a Doc, I can give you some ideas on how to recover but you really should see a Doc/Chiropractor.

Back