NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

over training/under eating or just one of those days?

Rep Points

long story short... kinda

well i failed to prep any meals for today il not make excuse was thru pure lazyness plus i had no food to prepare with money issues so basically i had a horrific diet i just at what was i could had a small and i say small steak pie with a protein shake for breakfast then i was running about like a headless chicken got to my girls house didnt have no money so i threw some whey and oats and peanut butter ina blender with water... still felt highley malnurished.. any way had a argument with my girl dropped her at work and my fucking blood was boiling and its supposed to be chest day.. so im driving there pissed off under fed feeling like shit my fucking hamstrings are painfull from yesterdays leg session im just not feeling it but i went in..

I got in the gym went to the pec dec done a nice slow set full ROM of 20 reps squeezed so hard i thought my nipples were gonna pop of and take some ones eye out.. and way i quickly run over to the 110lb db's without a rest picj them up lay on the flat bench and smash a good 8 reps fuelled by pure rage as its certainly not calories thats doing it..any way i only done one set jumped on the incline bench barbell loaded up 176lb blasted out 3 sets of 15 and that was it i looked around i was surrounded by faggots in tank tops i swear im the only guy not wearing one?? they all look like they come of gordie shore i couldnt take it i just racked my weights and left...

i would of felt better if i got in the boxing ring with somebody and beat the shit out of each other that would of made me feel better....

so im not sure weather it was the lack of calories i mean i are like a fucking small child today i didnt count macros but by time i hit gym i was struggling arounf the 1000 cals mark FUCKING JOKE!! and my girl pissed me off she never see's life from the positive angle i look at it from..

thank fuck i went out and bought 5 kg of chicken breast loads of rice and veggies and i have 5 meals all prepped in the fridge for tomoro really dont know what was up with me today could it be the tren? my agression is up but noting crazy in terms of strength if anything? i just felt like ripping heads off but had no focus in the gym after arguing with my girl... this is the only time ive ever been in the gym and came out that quickly doing so little work

if its any concolation i hit legs hard yesterday my hams are fucked stairs are a effort and squatting down to take a shit is almost humourous... who knows but today i just wasnt feeling it has this every happend to u guys?
    Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not you go out and look for a successfull personality an duplicate it

Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Sounds like by acting like a little boy, you perform like one!
    Like people about as much as they like me. Never found a way to say fuck you politely.

Rep Points

yeah i wouldn't sweat it if it's a one off, just had a shitty day, it's just the way it is sometimes! if it becomes a regular thing theny yeah you might need to have a look at things but like i said, probably a one off.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jimm View Post
    long story short... kinda

well i failed to prep any meals for today il not make excuse was thru pure lazyness plus i had no food to prepare with money issues so basically i had a horrific diet i just at what was i could had a small and i say small steak pie with a protein shake for breakfast then i was running about like a headless chicken got to my girls house didnt have no money so i threw some whey and oats and peanut butter ina blender with water... still felt highley malnurished.. any way had a argument with my girl dropped her at work and my fucking blood was boiling and its supposed to be chest day.. so im driving there pissed off under fed feeling like shit my fucking hamstrings are painfull from yesterdays leg session im just not feeling it but i went in..
    This had me thinking about the price of protein to support our weight training regimens. What do you guys generally do for affordability, just buy bulk chicken parts and eggs? It seems like whey products are significantly more, and beef and fish for certain.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJ View Post
    Sounds like by acting like a little boy, you perform like one!
    Sloppy I'm not gonna start crying like a like a little bicth and get all
    Butt hurt cause ur right I have a lot of growing up to do I'm doing my best my man..

In what regard to you think I was acting like a little boy the fact I was too lazy to make proper nutrition or the fact my attitude sucked?

Rep Points

I know it was a one of aswell my mind was else were even driving to the gym il rest up and smash fuck out of it tomorrow.. I upped the tren to 70mg ED cause 55 wasn't doing much time will tell...

BEEFCAKE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

FWIW, I can feel the agitation and stress levels just reading this. People forget how much energy they expend getting pissed off and if you really stepped back and took at look how you felt when things settled down, you'd feel exhausted. I've gone into the gym feeling that way sometimes, where I've literally felt like the stress was washing out of me and getting absorbed by the padded floor around me. Between that and some good old school heavy metal, things tend to right themselves pretty quickly.

Whenever you feel yourself getting that worked up, a few breaths to relax and get your head focused on what you're there for instead of just staying in the frenetic state of "pissed off" will get you to a better place. Spend your energy lifting and not jacking up your blood pressure in the moment. That is not to say food isn't good, but if you're seeing these sorts of short-term responses, you need to look first at the short-term influences - same as how your body tends respond to sudden changes with water retention.

All posts are for entertainment. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    FWIW, I can feel the agitation and stress levels just reading this. People forget how much energy they expend getting pissed off and if you really stepped back and took at look how you felt when things settled down, you'd feel exhausted. I've gone into the gym feeling that way sometimes, where I've literally felt like the stress was washing out of me and getting absorbed by the padded floor around me. Between that and some good old school heavy metal, things tend to right themselves pretty quickly.

Whenever you feel yourself getting that worked up, a few breaths to relax and get your head focused on what you're there for instead of just staying in the frenetic state of "pissed off" will get you to a better place. Spend your energy lifting and not jacking up your blood pressure in the moment. That is not to say food isn't good, but if you're seeing these sorts of short-term responses, you need to look first at the short-term influences - same as how your body tends respond to sudden changes with water retention.

sassy thank you for your input yeah my agitation and stress levels were through the roof when the dust cleared later when i was at home and had a good meal and sat with my girl was like wtf man... thats never happend to that extent... il put it down to a bad day..

ive got my preped meals in my bag now and im off to work when i get in im going to prep next days meals then hit the gym and get back to do the job in hand.. nice to see somebody could actually feel my frustration just through reading something iv written..
    Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not you go out and look for a successfull personality an duplicate it

Rep Points

Just gonna man up and get back to the grind!!!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    This had me thinking about the price of protein to support our weight training regimens. What do you guys generally do for affordability, just buy bulk chicken parts and eggs? It seems like whey products are significantly more, and beef and fish for certain.
    Start your own thread

Rep Points

Nice work young man. keep it up. i wanna taste your dishes.

Rep Points

"It seems..."

That means you are guessing, you don't know. Guessing is never a good idea.

Cost Analysis

What you need to do is break down the cost per gram of protein for whatever source you are consuming.

Let's look as some examples based on 24 grams of protein per serving.

Whey Protein

44 cents for 24 of whey protein grams.

I shop for deals. The best deal I got was a month ago. My cost for 24 grams of whey came in at 44 cents.

Eggs

33 cents for 24 grams of protein.

This based on me finding eggs for 99 cents a dozen.

Ground Beef

76 cents for 24 grams of protein. Ouch!

The best deal I got was $2.50 a pound a couple of days ago. Not much of a deal.

Boneless Chicken Breast

About 48 cents for 24 gram of protein.

That based on bonless chicken breast being about $1.60 a pound.

Chicken Legs and Thighs

This will be a lot less than boneless chicken breast but I don't know what the cost is.

Milk

37 cent for 24 grams of protein.

That based on getting a gallon of milk for $2, which is a deal.

NO Deal Milk

49 cents for 24 grams of protein.

That based on the price of a gallon of milk being about $2.60, which is what most people pay for it..or more.

Cheese

81 cent for 24 grams of protein.

Based on it being about $3.59 lb.

Back To Whey

So, the price of whey, overall, is a pretty good deal.

The Right Tool For The Right Job

However, it not only about the cost. It also about using the right "protein tool" for the right job.

[B]"The Anabolic Protein"[/B]

Whey is quickly digested. It is also catagorized as the "Anabolic Protein". It promotes muscle growth.

Whey is a great before, during and after training protein. A small mix of caseinate helps.

"The Anti-Catabolic Protein"

A caseinate protein is regarded as the "Anti-Catabolic Protein". It's been shown to preserve muscle mass.

Other Factors

It not just about the protein you obtain from whole foods. Whole foods also provide other nutrients.

Drinking Vs Eating

Whole food are also much more satisfying.

Summary

1) Break things like the cost of protein down...don't guess.

2) Use the right "Protein Tool" for the right job.

3) Whole food contain other nutrients that are beneficial.

4) Whole foods are more satisfying that liquid meals.

Kenny Croxdale

DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

When you're stressed the best things you can do are SFW and LHJO. Satisfaction guarenteed
    TheCaptn' is not a registered proctologist. His post are for his amusement only. Please seek proper medical advice if symptoms persist.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by theCaptn' View Post
    When you're stressed the best things you can do are SFW and LHJO. Satisfaction guarenteed
    Captn brother what's SFW and LHJO lol?

DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Captn brother what's SFW and LHJO lol?
    Smashing Fkg Weights and Left-Hand Jerk Off
    TheCaptn' is not a registered proctologist. His post are for his amusement only. Please seek proper medical advice if symptoms persist.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by theCaptn' View Post
    Smashing Fkg Weights and Left-Hand Jerk Off

my diet had beein fucking bang on today im going to smash some fucking chest in about a hour and then let my girlfriend ride my penis all night yeah thats what im gonna do

Rep Points

Upped the tren a to 70mg ED And felt a lot stronger today boom yeah buddy just gotta find a sweet spot for you I guess 55 wasn't doing much but today yeah man feelin it SFW big time now for some quite time with the misses

Rep Points

Start your own thread
    Ha ha! When writing that note I was thinking to myself, "... wonder if this dude will freak out about this blatant thread hijack?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Croxdale View Post
    "It seems..."

Yep, just guessing. Nice write-up with stats and sources, thanks!

Rep Points

Ha ha! When writing that note I was thinking to myself, "... wonder if this dude will freak out about this blatant thread hijack?"

Yep, just guessing. Nice write-up with stats and sources, thanks!
    wasnt freaing out dude its cool..

just start ur own thread or ill hunt u down and duc tape you up and throw u deep in some secluded woodland.. its no biggie honestly

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Croxdale View Post
    "It seems..."

Cost Analysis

What you need to do is break down the cost per gram of protein for whatever source you are consuming.

Let's look as some examples based on 24 grams of protein per serving.

Whey Protein

44 cents for 24 of whey protein grams.

I shop for deals. The best deal I got was a month ago. My cost for 24 grams of whey came in at 44 cents.

Eggs

33 cents for 24 grams of protein.

This based on me finding eggs for 99 cents a dozen.

Ground Beef

76 cents for 24 grams of protein. Ouch!

The best deal I got was $2.50 a pound a couple of days ago. Not much of a deal.

Boneless Chicken Breast

About 48 cents for 24 gram of protein.

That based on bonless chicken breast being about $1.60 a pound.

Chicken Legs and Thighs

This will be a lot less than boneless chicken breast but I don't know what the cost is.

Milk

37 cent for 24 grams of protein.

That based on getting a gallon of milk for $2, which is a deal.

NO Deal Milk

49 cents for 24 grams of protein.

That based on the price of a gallon of milk being about $2.60, which is what most people pay for it..or more.

Cheese

81 cent for 24 grams of protein.

Based on it being about $3.59 lb.

Back To Whey

So, the price of whey, overall, is a pretty good deal.

The Right Tool For The Right Job

However, it not only about the cost. It also about using the right "protein tool" for the right job.

[B]"The Anabolic Protein"[/B]

Whey is quickly digested. It is also catagorized as the "Anabolic Protein". It promotes muscle growth.

Whey is a great before, during and after training protein. A small mix of caseinate helps.

"The Anti-Catabolic Protein"

A caseinate protein is regarded as the "Anti-Catabolic Protein". It's been shown to preserve muscle mass.

Other Factors

It not just about the protein you obtain from whole foods. Whole foods also provide other nutrients.

Drinking Vs Eating

Whole food are also much more satisfying.

Summary

1) Break things like the cost of protein down...don't guess.

2) Use the right "Protein Tool" for the right job.

3) Whole food contain other nutrients that are beneficial.

4) Whole foods are more satisfying that liquid meals.

Kenny Croxdale

food over supplements all day big KENNY DAWGGGGGGG MA BRUVA FROM ANOTHER MOTHER YOU KNOW HOW I DO GIVE ME 5!!!!!

i cant belive i used to drink 3 whey shakes a day haha ah well you live and learn

Manwhore

Rep Points

i cant belive i used to drink 3 whey shakes a day haha ah well you live and learn
    depends on your goals. If you're trying to get in 600-700 grams of protein a day, you're going to have to drink some shakes.

Rep Points

wasnt freaing out dude its cool..

just start ur own thread or ill hunt u down and duc tape you up and throw u deep in some secluded woodland.. its no biggie honestly
    That seems like a lot of work. Is there a new thread button somewhere I gotta push?

Rep Points

700grams of protein a day please tell me you are high in various substances.....

Manwhore

Rep Points

700grams of protein a day please tell me you are high in various substances.....
    You want to get to 300+ pounds?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bmw View Post
    You want to get to 300+ pounds?

Nah I don't I'm a ectomorph ppl like frank zane are my idols te old
    School bodybuilders were the weight on the scale didn't mean shit and walking around with a bloated pregnant looking belly unable to perform the vacuum pose was not cool...

Frank zane weighed around 200lb in the of season and 185lb contest prep ripped up looking amazing with beautifull asthetics..

That's my idea of bodybuilding don't worry time will tell they will soon realise these massive guts are not appealing anymore and it will revert back to the old ways eventually... Old school beats the new school hands down!!

Manwhore

Rep Points

I prefer Dorian's look. Thick and massive...like my cock.

Rep Points

lol i hear ya its a slow progression my man and i have to be realistic im not even 200lb yet i get long way to go one day il be 250 ripped 7%bf at 5'8(9) ish il get there even if it kills me