• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I'm considering minimalism.

mmafiter

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When my friends and I talk about our dream homes etc, they are always shocked to learn that my ideal home would basically have bare rooms in the interior.

I think there is something cleansing and relaxing about having as few objects in your home as possible. I look at my home as my private eutopia in a world of stress and filth. I would just find it so free and simple this way. As it stands now, our house is full of clutter and knick-knacks, plants, books, tables, shelves, etc.....it drives me crazy!

I really enjoy the traditional Japanese designs of a room, where there are tatami mats on the floor, and then a few necessities, It's very clean looking and streamlined.

My only obstacle in my quest for minimalistic bliss is w8lifter. She's a freakin' pack rat and saves everything!!!:no::laugh:

So what do you think? Do you enjoy a clutter-free lifestyle or are you a pack rat?

W8lifter hates when I clean the house, cause I throw so much crap out.

I tend to be somewhat of a pack rat, but I do like everything having its own place. I have an good-sized collection of carpentry tools, but they are neatly put away on shelves or in drawers.

With kids it's hard to keep everything neat. So I do the best I can and don't sweat the small stuff.

Originally posted by CaptainDeadlift
I tend to be somewhat of a pack rat, but I do like everything having its own place. I have an good-sized collection of carpentry tools, but they are neatly put away on shelves or in drawers.

With kids it's hard to keep everything neat. So I do the best I can and don't sweat the small stuff.

That's funny that you have a "place" where you keep everything neat. For me, it's my truck. w8lifter and the kids think I'm crazy for being so particular about the truck, but it's the one place where I can go and everything is clean and tidy.

I wash the truck constantly, armour-all the inside and vacuum. Then when the family gets in the truck, I'm all paranoid that someone is gonna make a mess.:laugh:

Am I anal-retentive.....slightly.:rolleyes:

My "place" is the basement where I keep my tools, weights, important papers, and the dead bodies.

:eek: :eek:

J/k about the bodies. They're buried in the back yard. :D

I am with you on the clean minimalistic aprroach to living. Every month i go through my stuff and throw things away that i dont use. I would like to have less "clutter" as well how ever the things that i have now mean alot to me and have memories attached to them.

I say comprimise. Go through the house with W8 and try to be understanding as to why she wants to keep what she wants to keep. Have a garage sale and get rid of some old stuff and give her the money. Lol.

Or do what i did to my ex. Have a garage sale when he/she leaves town. They love that.

Yep thats me. Hahahahhahaha.

Damn skippy!:scared:

This is a hell of a BORING thread....

you of all people should like talkin about interior decorating...from what i hear anyways. :rofl:

Originally posted by mmafiter My only obstacle in my quest for minimalistic bliss is w8lifter. She's a freakin' pack rat and saves everything!!!:no::laugh:

You're right, she should break that habit. She could start by getting rid if YOU. :rolleyes:

i'd have the japanese house but with a big screen tv too :D gotta americanize it a lil :shrug:

I just built a house, and as we have been going through boxes we've been taking the approach of, If we ain't used it in two or three years it's junk.

I threw away countless magazines that I have been saving for future reads that never happened.

I even threw away a 20 year collection of MAD magazines. That hurt.:bawling: I just couldnt figure out what I was saving them for :scratch:

Originally posted by DaMayor
attachment.php

Is that your photo?

You kinda look like that dude from MAD... 'cept he looks better.

Originally posted by mmafiter
When my friends and I talk about our dream homes etc, they are always shocked to learn that my ideal home would basically have bare rooms in the interior.

I agree, my house has a very sterile look, all walls are a very light beige, doors and floor boards are all white, it's nice. We have a few pictures, that's about it.

Re: Re: I'm considering minimalism.

Originally posted by Prince
I agree, my house has a very sterile look, all walls are a very light beige, doors and floor boards are all white, it's nice.

Yeah, We did ours in pretty drab colors too.

IML Gear Cream!
neon green and orange are really drab :D

Re: Re: Re: I'm considering minimalism.

Originally posted by Tboy
Yeah, We did ours in pretty drab colors too.

Looks like a reject from Trading Spaces. :no:

Re: Re: I'm considering minimalism.

Originally posted by Prince
I agree, my house has a very sterile look, all walls are a very light beige, doors and floor boards are all white, it's nice. We have a few pictures, that's about it.

Lucky bastard. :D Someday I WILL rid my house of stuff!!:laugh:

Originally posted by CRASHMAN
neon green and orange are really drab :D

It's actually a "coral" type red (after 3 coats we got the desired color). After the first coat of green dried it hurt my eyes to look at it, so we lightened it up a good bit. :D

Re: Re: Re: I'm considering minimalism.

Originally posted by mmafiter Someday I WILL rid my house of stuff!!:laugh:

I agree, MAXIM is much better. :rolleyes:

Back