• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Chest training

Rowdyboys4

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm doing 2 days on chest each week, one day barbell and one day dbells. Is this smart with the proper diet and rest in between or should I just stick with one day full throttle? I'm seeing gains but doesn't seem much faster than single day

you can do 2 days but spread them apart say monday and thursday. At your place i would go full workout monday
and then thursday just a light workout with few sets no more than 6 sets.

That's about spot on what I'm doing. Monday is heavy and low rep pyramiding down in reps and up in weight. Thursday is lighter with core moves and mid reps (10-12). Thanks for the response

Always pay attention to your body. If you grow with two times a week training, do it. If feel run down and start disliking chest day take it down.
i personally would do two a week unless I was chemically assisted.

Right now it's still 2nd best day I enjoy, but if I start to dread it ill take your advice and drop 1. Body feels good still, sore but good. No assistance except for the basics like creatine and protein with some bcaa's and glutamine for now, just eating as much and as clean as I can. Oh and I'm taking gaba, first time. Thanks for the advice man

I'm doing 2 days on chest each week, one day barbell and one day dbells. Is this smart with the proper diet and rest in between or should I just stick with one day full throttle? I'm seeing gains but doesn't seem much faster than single day

Perhaps try changing things up every 4 weeks or so, like this:

weeks 1-4: two full chest workouts per week
weeks 5-8: one full chest workout and one mini-workout per week
weeks 9-12: one full chest workout per week

The change in stimulation may bring about better overall gains.

Once a week, and occasionally twice a week, chest training is fine.

The best chest exercise: Parallel bar dips, and incline dumbbell press.

Those 2 exercises will develop your pecs faster than any other chest exercise.

Reference:

Muscle Building

That looks pretty good. Is there a certain reason to change every 4 weeks? After the 12 weeks jump back to week 1? Thanks

That looks pretty good. Is there a certain reason to change every 4 weeks? After the 12 weeks jump back to week 1? Thanks

The body is an adaptation machine! Every 4 weeks or so it can completely adjust to training stimuli so it is excellent "preventative medicine" to stay ahead of it and make changes just before you stagnate (check out my POWER, REP RANGE, SHOCK method of training for more on this).

Yes, after the 12 weeks jump back to the week 1 schedule but perhaps make some other adjustments, as in reps, exercises, techniques.

IML Gear Cream!
As someone else said, "Always pay attention to your body"

I've noticed success with flat bench with barbell then moving on to dumbbells flys and dips.

Merkaba, I'm learning more daily on how and what to eat. I was way of where I should have been on my intake, so I'm really starting to focus on diet.

Strongrunbox, body responds well. For me starting with incline, dbell or bbell, seems to work best. Move on to flat then decline or dbell flyes, then cables and pullover. I try to finish both of with dips though

Back