• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training tips for the 50+ club

M.O.S.

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Seems like everything out there is for the 20/30 year olds. Doesn't seem to be any info for those of us who have passed the half century mark. Damn, can't believe I'm in that group already.
Anyway, I'm 6'2" 185 and 12% BF. I have worked out, off and on, all my life but I have been hitting it steadly for the past 4 years except for some rehab from 2 motorcycle accidents. Nuther story.

My peers say I look good. I say I feel good. No aches or pains to speak of. I have been taking Glucosomine for several years. I have been on Andro Gel for a few years too. A good multi, high quality protein, quality carbs, etc. I am not trying to compete in the geezer division so I'm not a perfectionist but I do the best I can.

My question is, is there any good periodicals for my age group that I am overlooking? Any words of wisdom?

Welcome to the Board :D

My Advice..."Stop thinking you're Old!" :D

You might want to check out Dave Drapers book......I've been avoiding it because of some comments I heard were in it that I disagree with about not improving after a certain age, the rest I hear is awesome :D

DP

Go easy, you dont wanna break a hip, pops!
:D:laugh::lol::rofl::thumb:
I jest, I jest. Welcome to the boards :]

Dr. Pain, what's the name of Drapers book? I'll check it out. Thanks.

NickB,

Funny. I almost broke my hip laughing. :)

Originally posted by M.O.S.
Dr. Pain, what's the name of Drapers book? I'll check it out. Thanks.

Not Sure...Bear knows.I think Prince knows, somebody knows...hell he has wabsite.:)

I guess I am unsure of the question here. :hmmm:

What exactly are you looking for? I mean you said you have no aches and pains, so what info do you need that would only apply to a "50 year old"?

Maybe I am just too young to understand. :confused:

Prince,

I was just curious if there was any info out there for people over 40. All of the articles I read are geared towards the young guns.

Either the exercise concepts are the same no matter what the age or the 40 plussers are just not considered. If it's the latter then it's a shame because there is a HUGE market out there. All of us baby boomers are in need of exercise too beyond swinging a golf club.

I tried golf but couldn't get past the windmill. :)

So I took up motorcycling.

I guess I do not see a big difference between training at age 30 or 50.

Obviously you have to be more careful to avoid injuries, be concerned more with sysnergistic muscles (e.g. rotator cuffs), and you need a bit more rest and recovery as you get older, but that's about it.

There is a guy at my gym who is 50, before I knew him I would have sworn he was not a day older than 40, and he trains hard and heavy. He actually trains like a powerlifter, comes in and goes up to 315 on bench press for sets, then he goes over to the dip stand and hangs 3 45's from his waist and does a few sets.

After finding out his age I was very impressed!

IML Gear Cream!
The one thing I do these days that I didn't do as much 30 years ago is warm up the muscle group I am about to work on. Especially the rotator cuff. Seems like the people in the gym warming those muscles are either rehabing an injury or trying to prevent one.

Thanks

Well, yes when we're young and naive we do not understand the importance of warming up and keeping our rotator cuffs strong. It's not until you we get older and injur something that we understand this.

Back