• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Right shoulder and bicep injury

ICE WATER

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Really f'd my shoulder up doing incline dumbell press 4 weeks ago.. After a shitty warmup due to gym being overcrowded with dipshits I proceed to go into my first working set with 85lbr's

On the first negative rep I hear an audible pop/joint crack in my right shoulder.. (My shoulders are Infact a little loose and crack sometimes or if I press my hands like I'm praying they'll crack) Took the rest of the week doing heavier than normal on all other body parts cause I was so angry my shoulder got injured, was supposed to start a cycle on jan 1

Ended up injuring my right bi doing alternating curls with 65lb db's the day after the shoulder.. Dr appt booked with one of the well known orthos with a 3 week wait..fast forward to the appt I lifted 2 times within the time uptill the appt thinking I would b healed up (still hurt but probably redamaging the injuries)

FINALLY THE DR APPT!

go in and the dr feels my shoulders says they are loose common with weightlfters.. does the push tests side to side up and down with only pain pushing down on his hand when my arm was extended.. Says I probably had a "minor dislocation " an the labrum or rotator is sore from the popping in and out.. I then said I wasn't comfortable and wanted an X-ray to make sure no partial or SLAP tears .. Says the X-ray was fine but saw cartilage fragments.. Bicep diagnosed with torn muscle fibers and no tendon damage, Didn't really get a confirmed diagnosis or anything on my shoulder but was told take another 3 weeks off.. I really dont know but hope it heals by then.. wanted advice from you guys here.. Do I do my own PT? Or do I just let it rest. I've been doing 3-4 sets 12 reps of side abductions and some broom stretching

Really mentally not in a good place from this, it's been a bad past month and the no gym thing is really taking its toll.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated brothas

Icewater

If your really limited of your lifting, try and add some cardio, doing something is better than nothing, also toss in some leg work ie leg extension and leg curl and possibly some leg press but I would stay away from squats, other than that rest up and heal.

Sent while doing arm curls in the squat rack

From my own experience, I would recommend some deep tissue work by a good massage therapist followed up by chiropractic adjustment about a week after the tissue work. In the meantime, you should lay off or go extremely light on movements that are aggravating the injury. I know the tough part is to lay off or go light but you need to in order to prevent more injury. More times than not, the injury is going to be discovered somewhere other than the actual joint that's affected, usually in the tendons or ligaments tying into the joint and you need to get things back in proper alignment. I trained through a recent joint injury for over a year but was seeing no improvement until I backed way off for about two weeks and got some good deep tissue work with chiro. Good luck.

Take the time off... This is how lifters/bodybuilders get a "bad shoulder/knee/back" by being to impatient. I would cardio it for a month... Lose a couple lbs, get in and out of the gym rapidly, look as something nice on the machine in front of you!

It means a lot to me you guys chimed into the thread.. Feeling really depressed at the moment it's been like 4 5 weeks since my last lift and I honestly don't know when ill be able to again.

Shoulder and Bi started feeling good after a week of rest until yesterday.. Bi was aching in the peak/lower of the long outer head.. figure id try the push up starting position but without actually doing the movement an my shoulder still had that pain from being held in the negative position.. I got my lifting partner saying ask the doc for anti inflammatories but don't really know the deal with those.. You guys think deep tissue is the route to go or some ART massage?

Get in for some deep tissue work followed up with chiropractic. It's usually not that expensive. A good therapist and DC will be able to spot your issue and provide relief provided there's not some type of tear. I've found that these people are usually "outside the box" problem solvers and put full confidence in them. It's the same thing as when you have a problem with your car... start with the least invasive, least expensive route before you go any further. As I posted earlier, I went through this for over a year before I did something about it and within 2 weeks my pain was gone and in another 2 - 3 weeks I was back to lifting as heavy as I was before my injury.

Well I've done one sesh of deep tissue and always rub it myself

The dr had said I 'probably tore some muscle fibers' in my bi and didn't even want to X-ray but then had him do an X-ray

Doesn't the X-ray only tell about bone and tendon or just bone?

Well I've done one sesh of deep tissue and always rub it myself

The dr had said I 'probably tore some muscle fibers' in my bi and didn't even want to X-ray but then had him do an X-ray

Doesn't the X-ray only tell about bone and tendon or just bone?

they should be able to see bone and tendons, at least to a certain degree. Last time I had an x-ray it was for my back, they found nothing wrong, I then had a MRI and was diagnosed with herniation in 5 places (which explained why my legs didn't work). If you can, get a MRI, you can see the lacunae in your bones on that thing.

The steps I would take in order would be to first layoff or go extremely light on activity that aggravates the injury while having deep tissue therapy and chiropractic adjustment. Ice the area 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a day and stretch the injury after icing. If you're not healing, I would ask the Doc to order an MRI since that will tell you everything. If the MRI shows something, you have a decision to make based on what it shows. Minor muscle fiber tears are common but more significant tears will require some type of intervention. I've pasted a link to a good blog that you can search through to find some good mobility techniques that might help you out to achieve some relief.

MobilityWOD

Appreciate the link P I've been reading a bunch of stuff on there

All you guys really kept my motivation up.. Just lifted for the first time today in 5-6 weeks, decided to hit arms cause my shoulder still hurts when I put it in a negative position like bench or shoulder press

Bi curls warm up 15lb db's 3x15

Hammer curls 25's 3x10

Alternating curls
25's x12

20's x15

15 x25

Then tri's

Straight bar push downs on cable

60lb x15

90lb 3x10

Machine dips but not too deep on the negative with body weight + 80lb

What would be the best way (weight and set rep range) to keep easing back into workouts cause I know ill pile the weight back on like I never stopped and don't want to re injure myself

IML Gear Cream!
here is something else i would add, last sunday i was indoor rock climbing and i really stressed my upper body. my right should felt fucked and my right bicep felt torn, a day after that happened i realized i had some igflr3 and that has really helped my recovery, my bicep is back to 100% and my should is at 90% still alittle pain but no where near as bad as it was, also im keeping on the glucosamine.

as for your training, i would just keep raising the weight by 5lbs each time you train until your comfortable to hit it with 100% effort

Z I actually had been thinking about getting on some ig or gh but wasn't 1000% about it

What dosage of ig are you running and are you on any test? My training partner swears get on a 250mg week cruise and my shoulder issues will be gone

Actually I am on a cruise of test e 250 and I'm running 40mcg igflr3 ed till my vial runs dry but i can run a higher dose but I want the vial to last me alittle longer

Gonna try to get some gh unless the igf is all I can get due to these fake kit issues.. Any certain spots you're injecting? Injured delt IM or sub q anywhere ?

Just got my MRI read and NO TEARRRRR (thank god its been so f'n long) My Dr. was pretty not descriptive about what exactly it read but that my labrum and the whole lip of it looked pretty beat up.. I got cleared to lift and try to not do any direct bi work (curls etc) for another couple weeks and light overhead until a couple months..

I went in and did chest the other day with all barbell and did

bar x 10
95 x 10
135 x 10

It still felt funny but not pain.. Im really at a blank here with what kind of program to even approach to start again and what would be goo to eventually ramp up back to heavy weights in a few months

Any suggestions?

Ice

just remeber if it hurts dont do it. find exercises that dont hurt the areas and train around it for the most part that will believe it or not help keep some strength and size in the injured area. you can always lift as normal on the one side that is ok with machines and dumbells 1 arm only. use seated 1 arm machine presses on chest for example and preacher curls and stuff for other bi with dumbells and use leg press for legs as examples. once it gets better train it light before moving back into 2 arm barbell bench, delts, back and squat movements and keep the reps higher without going to failure the first 2 weeks back and you should be ok after this. try it out .

. See a PT for some specifics to rehab based on your specific injuries, don't be concerned with lifting heavy, period. Do not rush things, take proper care and time to heal. So you can move forward not backwards.

Back