• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Workout planning alternative?

CaptainNapalm

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone here prepare monthly programs which are geared more towards long term? We all know everyone generally sets up workouts which are mainly repetitive on a weekly basis (with a few variations here and there) but lately I haven't been satisfied with what this can offer. For example, I would like to do deadlifts twice a month rather than on a weekly basis. I would like to put emphasis on shoulders every second week. I would like to do incline one week and flat bench the next. And so on and so on. In order to simply vary this based on memory could get difficult. So I'm looking to prepare something new which I can sustain for the next 4-6 months and rather than doing the Monday to Sunday chart, I'm thinking of preparing some full month templates and pre-plan exactly what I intend to do over the course of a full month, then repeat for the next 6 months if I like it. I'm just looking to maintain over the next six months. I am thinking this will give me much more flexibility. Anyone else have experience with this?

I like the idea. I do some things in a similar fashion but w/o any hard fast structure. If you come up with a template and don't mind, pist it up. Id certainly like to look at it

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone here prepare monthly programs which are geared more towards long term?

Long Term Planning

As a powerlifter, I have a plan. Actually, it more like an outline in which I employ different methods and exercise.

Backward Planning

Long Term Planning amount to working backward. Establishing a reasonable goal and then working backward to see how to get there.

Taking A Trip

It like taking a trip. You first find the place on the mat where you want to go, you're goal destination.

Then you draw a line to find out what route to take to get there.

We all know everyone generally sets up workouts which are mainly repetitive on a weekly basis (with a few variations here and there) but lately I haven't been satisfied with what this can offer. For example, I would like to do deadlifts twice a month rather than on a weekly basis. I would like to put emphasis on shoulders every second week. I would like to do incline one week and flat bench the next.

Non-Linear Periodization

The plan you'd like to do will work. It is Non-Linear Periodization Training.

Non-Linear Periodization Training basically amounts to frequent changes in training. That means varying your reps, sets, rest periods, exercises, time of day, etc.

The foundation of more frequent change for intermediate and advance lifters is you...

Training Age

This has to do with how long you have been training not your chronological age.

This has to do with...

The General Adaptation Synrome, G.A.S.

The longer you have trained the faster the body adapts and the less progress you make. Thus, those who have a greater training age need to change their program up more frequently.

Muscle Confusion

This IS The General Adaptation Syndrome!!!

The "Master Crook" of bodybuilding is Joe Weider, stole it and tatooed his name on it as, "Weider's Muscle Confusion".

The essance of this is that change insure progress.

And so on and so on. In order to simply vary this based on memory could get difficult.

Training Log

I can't remember what I did from one day to the next, let along what I did a week ago.

That what Training Logs are for. I/you go back and see what you did and what you need to do based on the log.

So I'm looking to prepare something new which I can sustain for the next 4-6 months and rather than doing the Monday to Sunday chart, I'm thinking of preparing some full month templates and pre-plan exactly what I intend to do over the course of a full month, then repeat for the next 6 months if I like it.

4-6 Months

Intermediate and Advance lifters need to make changes to their program at least once every 6 weeks, every 3-4 weeks is even better.

Length of Non-Linear Program

With in those who advocate Non-Linear Periodization Training are different opinions on the length of the program.

Daily Undulating Periodization, DUP.

Some individuals believe in changing each training program up. Thus, if you did Bench Press on a Monday of one week, you do an Incline Press the following week. This is similar to your program stated above.

Non-Linear Periodization Better for Strength Gains than Linear Periodization

This abstract provide some "Cliff Notes' information on DUP Training.

The Science and Practice of Strength Training

Zatsiorsky is a proponent of longer Non-Linear Training Program, 3-5 weeks.

My Perspective

I combine both in my training.

Primary Lifts

I utilize a 3 Week Progressive Cycle for my powerlifts. I utilize one movement to increase Strength and one to increase Power.

The focus on the 3 Week Progression it to max out on week 3 in a movement. Maxing out means pushing the number of repetition that I have chosen for that 3 week period.

Thus, if I am working with 3 Reps in a movement, in Week 3 I push the movement close to if not failure. My goal is 3 Reps, however I push the reps as for as they will go...4, 5, 6...whatever.

Auxiliary Exercises

Auxiliary exercises are those which complimemnt and enhance my powerlifts.

Auxiliary movement are "Disposable Exercises".

I may perform them one workout or two then peform a different exericse.

Frequent Change

Changing the Auxiliary Exercises does two thing for me.

1) G.A.S./Muscle Confusion

2) Give me a mental break from doing the same thing over and over again.

It's like eating ice cream. You like ice cream but at some point, you get sick of having Vanilla over and over and over again.

So, you switch to Chocolate Mint.

Kenny Croxdale

I like the idea. I do some things in a similar fashion but w/o any hard fast structure. If you come up with a template and don't mind, pist it up. Id certainly like to look at it

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

sure, will do

Back