• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

6 week insulin run

The two biggest factors used in determining whether or not insulin sensitivity is maintained is how frequently insulin is used, as well as what type of insulin is used. In other words, total time of activity is what matters.

With that in mind, obviously, Humalog would be ideal for this purpose. How many times per week humalog can be used without having any significant effect on insulin sensitvity will be determined by whether or not any insulin sensitizers are used along with it (along with factors such as diet & exercise).

As a general rule of thumb, Humalog can be used about 5X weekly, while having only a minor impact on insulin sensitivity. By combining it with Glucophage 4-5X per week at 1,000-1,500 mg/day (500-750 mg AM/ 500-750 mg PM), it is easily maintained in full. One could even make improvments to their insulin sensitivity while using Humalog 5X per week, to a large degree, if the individual is comprehensive in their approach; most users will not be. For example, there are numerous drugs/supps/steps one can take to improve insulin sensitivity and when they are all combined, the improvements can be dramatic. In addition to Glucophage (which is a potent prescription sensitizer and very effective even when used alone), supps such as ALA, D-chiro-inositol, Cinnamon, Chromium picolinate, Vandyl sulfate, Acetic acid (can be found in apple cider vinegar), and fish oil can all improve insulin sensitivity. Of course, some are more effectuve than others, but the point is that a combined approach is far superior for those individuals seeking maximum effects.

The greater one's total exposure time to insulin, the more important it is for them to take these steps and begin combining different products. Those who abuse inulsin or whose use borders on abuse, are certainly going to want to take preventative/corrrectuve action more seriously. In addition to the above products, our diet plays a massive role in our level of insulin sensitivity. This can be a Catch-22 situation for a serious BB'r, as most BB'rs concume a very large amount of carbs on a regular basis, relative to the average person. This has a strong, negative effect on sensitivity...especially when a considerable portion of one's diet is made up of refined, processed, and/or simple carbs. Trying to tell the typical BB'r to cut back his carb intake is like telling him to stop making progress, as a reduction in carbs and/or overall calories can impair mass gains. Some steps a BB'r can take without harming his progress...and will likely even improve his progress (as well as overall heath) is to consume simple, processed, refined carbs only when they serve a specific purpose.

As an example, an ideal time to utilize processed carbs would be during the training window, when something like branched chain cyclic dextrins are very beneficial for enhancing glycogen storage and overall recovery, but at other times of the day a BB'r is better off consuming whole-grain, slower digesting carbs for his primnary energy source. While fruit may not fit this profile, it shold never be neglected, as it does not have the same effect on the body as a refined or processed carbs would.

Another manner in which we can manipulate our diet in order to improve insulin sensitivity without impairing our growth rate is to have one "low-carb" day per week. Because it is only once per week, muscle growth will not suffer (assuming overall caloric intake is maintained) and may even have a positive effect on growth, as it prevents the body from completely adapting to the excessive carb intake it is exposed to throughout the rest of the week. This principle is very similar to using cheat days when dieting. By having a "cheat day" while dieting, in which we consume extra cals & carbs, the body's metabolic rate is stimulated and therefore, it does not adapt as quickly or as completely to the lower caloric intake, ultimately leading to less plateaus and more rapid fat loss. In the same way, having a once weekly lower-carb day has similar effects on the body, allowing it to respond more positively to the high carb intake throughout the rest of the week.

Of course, exercise also has a strong influence on insulin sensitivity, with each workout having an immediate and measurable impact. Most BB'rs workout regularly, so they are already taking advantage of this benefit, but many BB'rs do not perform cardiovascular exercise, which also has a direct effect on insulin sensitivity. As you can see, there is much we can do to maintain/improve or body's ability to metabolise glucose. How serious we are about taking these steps will determine what type of results one achieves. I would hypothesize that if one implemented all these measures proplerly, he would be able to use Humalog at least 10X per week with minimal effect on his insulin sensitivity. I have now had 3 clients implement almost all of these measures at once, while injecting insulin (Humalog & Humulin, at different times) an average of almost 2X daily, and based on their blood glucose tolerance tests, their insulin sensitivity was well maintained, despite the fact they had been following the program for several months.

Sweet post!

Can you answer these please

1)Taking t3 with insulin? does it somehow make the insulin less potent?

2)So if im taking those supplements to increase insulin sensitivity / doing HIIT cardio 2x a week (20 mins), low intensity cardio 3x a week (40mins) weights 6 days a week, using humulin-r....1 month on 1 month off sound good?

3)Is it a fact you can Become a diebetic from using insulin year round? Lets say if one does not go over 15iu daily?

4)Healthy fats do have its glycogen replenishing / insulin sensitivity / blood sugar controlling benefits....still avoid them when using insulin? Why?

5)Store in room temp below 86* fine? (for no longer than 30 days?)

Humalin r is easy to get. Cheap and if you follow bass killers protocol with Humalog you can actually run Humalin r with the same half life if injected iv.. sounds creepy and not many people will mainline things, but from my personal experience with insulin I have found that iv use of Humalin r is virtually identical to Im use of humalog. Same exact timing. It is more effective, and safe.. as you dk not have to wait hours and hours for you slin levels to reach a normal level again.

I made some great gains, but after let my diet go to shit and got fat.

Lesson learnt, but in going to run it again in 2014

Wot you doing in 2015 bruv.....

This is very close to how I take it 5r 10iu before and 5-10iu post I do the drinks the same way.. But I don't take it on none workout days ... You guys thank I should?

This is very close to how I take it 5r 10iu before and 5-10iu post I do the drinks the same way.. But I don't take it on none workout days ... You guys thank I should?
2x per day on workout days is plenty...sometimes i might add a shot here and there
If i feel unrecovered, muscle soreness etc but thats rare....

Yes,i was taking the walmart quick R its cheap and acts like humulog r but easier to get,taking 5iu of hgh mornings on empty gut,than post workout,4iu of slin R and than drink a vitargo carb mix whey protein,but had my doseage messed up,with 4iu slin I should of only had about 40 grams of carbs not 125 grms,which sent me into hypo,but next time I would only give carbs about 7-10 grms per iu of slin,so if I did 10iu slin,maybe 80-100 grms of carbs,and whey protein to help drive directly into the waiting muscles.

Back