• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Religious school has students remove asbestos

Too funny!:fire:

Made me remove asbestos with no respirator, that's fucked up jesus !

The Buckeye Education School, a Christian organization, is facing possible criminal charges after it allowed up to as many as 90 students to remove asbestos, without protection, from a dilapidated YWCA building. This removal took place over the course of several weekends, and under the supervision of school officials. Students involved were ages 13 and up.

Some of the removal was captured on video, courtesy of wkyc.com, which trigged an investigation by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. Upon visitation of the complaint site, EPA regulators found asbestos traces everywhere. There was also substantial deposits of asbestos still located in floor tiles, duct work, and pipes. EPA regulators also located three dumpsters full of debris, in the same location as they were on the video with students dumping material into them a little at a time.

Asbestos is a known cancer causing agent, which is why it was chilling for regulators to walk into areas of the building that had been completely stripped of all walls, floors, and ceilings. It is impossible to know exactly how much of the deadly substance students were exposed to, or to know what the long term repercussions of their actions will be.

As for now the investigation continues.

Holy crap. :gosh:

my dad's father was an asbestos installer back in the 50's. he got cancer and died when he was 4, that shit is no joke.

Back in the 80's we handled asbestos from time to time with no protection then one year they brought in all these fancy vacuums and protective gear. No one thought anything was wrong with it at the time where I worked.

A bunch of us got exposed to it at a site I was working on a couple of years ago. Now we have to get our lungs x-rayed every two years to check for cancer. At least if something does happen I know who to sue lol.

A bunch of us got exposed to it at a site I was working on a couple of years ago. Now we have to get our lungs x-rayed every two years to check for cancer. At least if something does happen I know who to sue lol.

yup, and then when they find cancer, they won't know if it was the asbestos or all the fucking x-rays.

yup, and then when they find cancer, they won't know if it was the asbestos or all the fucking x-rays.

Thanks for the reassuring words lol. I always laugh when I go to the dentist and they have to take some x-rays. The techs run into some room surrounded by lead, that makes me feel safe.

IML Gear Cream!
My dad has Asbestosis from working in chemical and power plants. He gets a check for some class action lawsuit that went down decades ago. The funny thing is he smokes two packs a day also surviving on a diet of pork sausage, eggs, and Budweisers.

He doesn't believe Asbestos is bad for him and that people complaining about it are pussies. He also doesn't believe a diet of pork sausage, tobacco, and alcohol is bad for him either. He is 70 and looks better than men 30 years younger than hem. It is fucking insane how much mental power he has over his body.

Bad PR is better than no PR.

My dad has Asbestosis from working in chemical and power plants. He gets a check for some class action lawsuit that went down decades ago. The funny thing is he smokes two packs a day also surviving on a diet of pork sausage, eggs, and Budweisers.

He doesn't believe Asbestos is bad for him and that people complaining about it are pussies. He also doesn't believe a diet of pork sausage, tobacco, and alcohol is bad for him either. He is 70 and looks better than men 30 years younger than hem. It is fucking insane how much mental power he has over his body.

my buddy and I smoked an ounce of coke a couple of years ago over the course of a night and i"m pretty sure I talked myself out of cardiac arrest. I don't do coke anymore...lol

Not to get too technical, there two types of asbestos that was used. The long fiber and short. The short is what will mess up up. Long fiber is bad, but it gets cleared from the lungs easier than the short. Also, asbestos in and of itself is not a carcinogen. The cancer comes from the irritation and molecular damage that the fibers cause. If asbestos was such a real killer, then why did the EPA state if the pipe wrap or insulation is not disturbed and in one piece, not fraying or dusting off, leave it alone. You need remediation when the area is disturbed. Many schools and organizations removed asbestos during the hysteria of the 1980's and because the lawyers told them to do it for liability reasons. But always remember, there was a fuck load of money to be made with asbestos lawsuits and remediation companies usually associated with a large parent corporation. As always, follow the money.

With that said, having kids pull out asbestos is not as bad as it sounds, but it is still asshole crazy to have kids do that sort of work. The school administration should go to jail.

Back