People want more gun safety?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51
  1. #1
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,532
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    People want more gun safety?






    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

  2. #2
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    I hope to got he doesn't go on a crusade against pedophiles. "As you can see by how I violate this young child, pedophilia must be stopped!"

    Fucking moron.


  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I love it when a plan comes together - KOS - Anything Goes MOD . KOS = the MOD that IM deserves.
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Points
    806610063

    What people want, is to feel safe that some insane lunatic is not going to walk into a public place like a movie theater and commit mass murder with an assault weapon with a 100 round clip in it.
    That problem seems to be occurring more often.

    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I love it when a plan comes together - KOS - Anything Goes MOD . KOS = the MOD that IM deserves.
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Points
    806610063

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The problem is not that democrats do not know how to handle firearms.
    The problem is that insane people that know how to handle firearms are getting their hands on weapons, murdering children in schools and going armed to the terror of the public, walking into movie theaters and committing mass murder with guns.

    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    What people want, is to feel safe that some insane lunatic is not going to walk into a public place like a movie theater and commit mass murder with an assault weapon with a 100 round clip in it.
    That problem seems to be occurring more often.
    Care to show me an instance of someone using a "100 round clip"? Assault weapons are a misnomer. You're demonizing something simply because you don't understand it. Would you prefer they used a bomb strapped to their chests?

    The truth is violent crime, including gun homicides is going DOWN in the U.S. These events while tragic don't require a knee jerk reaction of "gun control" which will in fact not make us safer, but more vulnerable.

    Disarming the populace does not disarm lunatics. whoever told you that, or led you to believe that should probably get their head checked. And i'm including and politician stupid enough to wave a gun around on the floor of congress with a finger on the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    ctr10's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Points
    1198062365

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    What people want, is to feel safe that some insane lunatic is not going to walk into a public place like a movie theater and commit mass murder with an assault weapon with a 100 round clip in it.
    That problem seems to be occurring more often.
    100 round clip, what do they have a SAW

  7. #7
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    What people want, is to feel safe that some insane lunatic is not going to walk into a public place like a movie theater and commit mass murder with an assault weapon with a 100 round clip in it.
    That problem seems to be occurring more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  8. #8
    Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP
    jay_steel's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,825
    Rep Points
    602230632

    The big problem is idiots are passing laws that no NOTHING about guns. They just banned the pistol grip, which has NO ability to change the operation of the gun and is strictly aestetic, comfort and safety of the shooter. For example, my 11 year old sister has 20g shotgun with a pistol grip she uses for skeet shooting. We put the grip on it for her safety, we felt she could not handle the recoil of the shotgun because of the size of her hands, but with the modified grip she can now safely operate the weapon. No what does this new law tell me is that they do not want to take the safety into consideration of legal moral citizens. When only maybe .000001 of people are breaking this law.

    They are also going after the .223 AR-15... WOW this round honestly is a small round extremly small. The only reason why this gun is popular is because of video games and the way it looks. Which the way the gun looks has ZERO impact of the shooting capability of the gun. They are trying to ban the fore grip, which I don't even use, but why, it does not turn the weapon into an assult rifle? Also keep in mind the LEGAL AR-15 is not a assult rifle it is a LONG RIFLE. So why all the hype to ban it? because its popular... If every one went out and bought socom m1 or m14 which are much more of a bad ass gun in my opinion and started shooting things up would the hype be on them?

    So basically we are banning a GREAT gun... The AR is a GREAT gun because it allows shooters to shoot low cost rounds and have allot of run with out spending over a dollar a round. I believe my 30.06 is like 32$ for a box of 24. That is expensive the .223 round is cheap, the gun is light and easy to shoot. A 12 year old can safely operate the gun. It is not as deadly as people claim. If i wanted to really fuck people up, I would walk into a room with my hunting shot gun with a long tube in it. With a little bit of practice of combat reloading I can probably never stop a constant flow of shooting.

    Also people say these words we want to stop shootings at schools and movies because we want to put kids first...

    Well here a few facts, but I am not going to get numbers because I am lazy, but if you care about kids then pass these laws.

    No smoking in public places, my little sister has had 3 hospital trips due to public smoking and her athemsa in her lifetime. How far is that for a child? Her first one was at the age of 5 when she all most died from a guy smoking...
    Childhood obesity is an epedimic, but yet we still support fast food and junk food? Why not make that illegal too?
    alchohol causes people to lose the ability to process clear thoughts which increases domestic voilence and car accidents so lets ban alchohol.
    People still break the law and drive on their cell phones which has caused more deaths then the AR-15 so lets just ban cell phones too.
    Why not just live life with complete gov't control? they can dictate where we work, what we eat, how we feel, who we marry, and how we reproduce. I mean that seems to be what people want is to rely on the gov't.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by jay_steel View Post
    The big problem is idiots are passing laws that no NOTHING about guns. They just banned the pistol grip, which has NO ability to change the operation of the gun and is strictly aestetic, comfort and safety of the shooter. For example, my 11 year old sister has 20g shotgun with a pistol grip she uses for skeet shooting. We put the grip on it for her safety, we felt she could not handle the recoil of the shotgun because of the size of her hands, but with the modified grip she can now safely operate the weapon. No what does this new law tell me is that they do not want to take the safety into consideration of legal moral citizens. When only maybe .000001 of people are breaking this law.

    They are also going after the .223 AR-15... WOW this round honestly is a small round extremly small. The only reason why this gun is popular is because of video games and the way it looks. Which the way the gun looks has ZERO impact of the shooting capability of the gun. They are trying to ban the fore grip, which I don't even use, but why, it does not turn the weapon into an assult rifle? Also keep in mind the LEGAL AR-15 is not a assult rifle it is a LONG RIFLE. So why all the hype to ban it? because its popular... If every one went out and bought socom m1 or m14 which are much more of a bad ass gun in my opinion and started shooting things up would the hype be on them?

    So basically we are banning a GREAT gun... The AR is a GREAT gun because it allows shooters to shoot low cost rounds and have allot of run with out spending over a dollar a round. I believe my 30.06 is like 32$ for a box of 24. That is expensive the .223 round is cheap, the gun is light and easy to shoot. A 12 year old can safely operate the gun. It is not as deadly as people claim. If i wanted to really fuck people up, I would walk into a room with my hunting shot gun with a long tube in it. With a little bit of practice of combat reloading I can probably never stop a constant flow of shooting.

    Also people say these words we want to stop shootings at schools and movies because we want to put kids first...

    Well here a few facts, but I am not going to get numbers because I am lazy, but if you care about kids then pass these laws.

    No smoking in public places, my little sister has had 3 hospital trips due to public smoking and her athemsa in her lifetime. How far is that for a child? Her first one was at the age of 5 when she all most died from a guy smoking...
    Childhood obesity is an epedimic, but yet we still support fast food and junk food? Why not make that illegal too?
    alchohol causes people to lose the ability to process clear thoughts which increases domestic voilence and car accidents so lets ban alchohol.
    People still break the law and drive on their cell phones which has caused more deaths then the AR-15 so lets just ban cell phones too.
    Why not just live life with complete gov't control? they can dictate where we work, what we eat, how we feel, who we marry, and how we reproduce. I mean that seems to be what people want is to rely on the gov't.
    I'm convinced this has nothing to do with protecting American citizens, but controlling them. The powers that be want to wear away our natural rights as enumerated in the bill of rights because they want to control us. They are doing this under the false guise of public safety when it is the exact opposite of what is best for a free public. Gun rights, the NDAA, and on and on. The US populace is swallowing this thinking it's a small thing to give up, and by the time we realize it we will be subjugated. It's like the frog placed in a pot of water and the heat is turned on. If the water is boiling it will immediately jump out. slowly warm the water and the frog lets itself cook.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  10. #10
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,532
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    What people want, is to feel safe that some insane lunatic is not going to walk into a public place like a movie theater and commit mass murder with an assault weapon with a 100 round clip in it.
    That problem seems to be occurring more often.
    The largest clip you will find is a 10 round clip. Mostly found in an M1 Garand. Sorry, but it's a fact.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

  11. #11
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,532
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    The problem is not that democrats do not know how to handle firearms.
    The problem is that insane people that know how to handle firearms are getting their hands on weapons, murdering children in schools and going armed to the terror of the public, walking into movie theaters and committing mass murder with guns.
    The problem is democrats not knowing how to handle a weapon. They hold them up as a symbol of fucked up society and they demonstrate that fucked upness by waving a semi-auto weapon around with a magazine in place and a finger on the trigger. Those are the idiots we are supposed to believe know more than us unwashed peons?
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

  12. #12
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,532
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by ctr10 View Post
    100 round clip, what do they have a SAW
    In an AR it would be a betamag. Anyone who knows anything about guns knows you don't use a betamag when you want to do some serious shooting. They are not reliable enough to warrant using outside of a range.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

  13. #13
    Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP
    jay_steel's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,825
    Rep Points
    602230632

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The largest clip you will find is a 10 round clip. Mostly found in an M1 Garand. Sorry, but it's a fact.
    yup that is true, if i hear one more person say the AR-15 has a 100/30/10 rd clip i am going to ballistic. How can some one want to ban some thing when they don't even know what type of feeding mechanism the weapon system takes.

  14. #14
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    I'm convinced this has nothing to do with protecting American citizens, but controlling them. The powers that be want to wear away our natural rights as enumerated in the bill of rights because they want to control us. They are doing this under the false guise of public safety when it is the exact opposite of what is best for a free public. Gun rights, the NDAA, and on and on. The US populace is swallowing this thinking it's a small thing to give up, and by the time we realize it we will be subjugated. It's like the frog placed in a pot of water and the heat is turned on. If the water is boiling it will immediately jump out. slowly warm the water and the frog lets itself cook.
    Yep.

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    You know what? I think I just figured it out. They ban all the guns and the law abiding citizens get mowed down by criminals. Then they beef-up the armed presence of the police in the USA and...BANG...armed police state. I think that's what they're aiming for.


  15. #15
    STFU AND TRAIN!!!!
    Z499's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ohio Valley
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Points
    273750217

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The largest clip you will find is a 10 round clip. Mostly found in an M1 Garand. Sorry, but it's a fact.
    HERE IS A PIC FOR THE UNEDUCATED FIREARM CUMMUNITY!!! the m240b, m249, m60, mII, and mk19 as many other MG's are belt fed and mags of 100 rds are called beta mags.

    Last edited by Z499; 01-21-2013 at 12:31 PM.

  16. #16
    DRSE
    SUPER MODERATOR
    dieseljimmy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    6,748
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    So here is my perspective...
    I have a shot gun- I go clay bird shooting several times a year and bird hunting occasionally. I have a common 9mm handgun in my home for protection. I take it to the range maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I'm not a "gun person" I don't recognize special guns. I know alot more about aas then guns. They are sort my toys/for amusement. The hand gun makes me sleep a little better.
    i have no business with an smg or equalivalent. Maybe in a zombie apocalypse... If someone breaks in my house and I have a smg I probably kill everyone including my family. Clearly these weapons are making it easier to lunatics to do horriable things to large amounts of people. And I have no use for them, so a part of me thinks ban them I don't care. The other part of me recognizes the slippery slope of banning anything.
    I guess my tie breaker is my constantly growing distrust for our government.

  17. #17
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I love it when a plan comes together - KOS - Anything Goes MOD . KOS = the MOD that IM deserves.
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Points
    806610063

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    Care to show me an instance of someone using a "100 round clip"? Assault weapons are a misnomer. You're demonizing something simply because you don't understand it. Would you prefer they used a bomb strapped to their chests?

    The truth is violent crime, including gun homicides is going DOWN in the U.S. These events while tragic don't require a knee jerk reaction of "gun control" which will in fact not make us safer, but more vulnerable.

    Disarming the populace does not disarm lunatics. whoever told you that, or led you to believe that should probably get their head checked. And i'm including and politician stupid enough to wave a gun around on the floor of congress with a finger on the trigger.
    I am not demonizing anything.
    Fact of the matter is, that people notice when mass murders are committed with AR 15 assault rifles.
    They also notice when politicians state things like wanting to ban 100 round magazines.
    The put the two together, associate them and it scares the hell out of them.
    The idea of some insane lunatic firing off a weapon in a public place and committing mass murder with a weapon that has a magazine loaded with a capacity of 100 rounds scares the living hell out of most rational people.

    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by dieseljimmy View Post
    So here is my perspective...
    I have a shot gun- I go clay bird shooting several times a year and bird hunting occasionally. I have a common 9mm handgun in my home for protection. I take it to the range maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I'm not a "gun person" I don't recognize special guns. I know alot more about aas then guns. They are sort my toys/for amusement. The hand gun makes me sleep a little better.
    i have no business with an smg or equalivalent. Maybe in a zombie apocalypse... If someone breaks in my house and I have a smg I probably kill everyone including my family. Clearly these weapons are making it easier to lunatics to do horriable things to large amounts of people. And I have no use for them, so a part of me thinks ban them I don't care. The other part of me recognizes the slippery slope of banning anything.
    I guess my tie breaker is my constantly growing distrust for our government.
    We don't ever want to have to use them for the purpose of defending ourselves from our own government. The point is if you take them away, then they can't be used for that.

    The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting, or sport shooting. When an elected official says "i don't want to interfere with hunting, or sport shooting" it is a red herring. The founders didn't write the 2nd amendment, and place it between freedom of speech/religion, and not quartering of troops in our homes to protect hunting.

    It is also a falsehood that these guns make it easier to kill large groups of people while other guns are somehow safer. An AR-15 was not used in Newtown. The AR was left in the car. 3 handguns were used in that shooting. One being a revolver. the lowest capacity, slowest reloading firearm available yet still just as deadly when used in a gun free zone. banning assault weapons will not prevent these tragedies. Let me say that again. Banning assault weapons will not make us safer. it will not prevent these mass shootings, or make them harder to accomplish for the crazies who want to kill. Our leaders who are for banning an assault weapon are not interested in making us safer. at best they are simply misinformed, blindly running into a position they don't understand. At worst, they have ulterior, and nefarious motives.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  19. #19
    STFU AND TRAIN!!!!
    Z499's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ohio Valley
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Points
    273750217

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    I am not demonizing anything.
    Fact of the matter is, that people notice when mass murders are committed with AR 15 assault rifles.
    They also notice when politicians state things like wanting to ban 100 round magazines.
    The put the two together, associate them and it scares the hell out of them.
    THANK YOU!!! For making the correction. Lol


    but all joking aside look at it like this. For most of us on here AAS are illegal but we are still able to get it through back door channels. You are pretty much doing that with guns. Sure make them illegal but if someone wants to get their hands on one then they will whether it requires breaking the law or not.

  20. #20
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I love it when a plan comes together - KOS - Anything Goes MOD . KOS = the MOD that IM deserves.
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Points
    806610063

    Any dumbass that thinks that an semi auto AR 15 is going to be enough to defend themselves, their 'liberty' or their second amendment rights against the government if the government decides to come after their gun is a moron.

    I used a M-16 in the Marine Corps to kill people with and no way in hell would I ever try and defend my ownership of this type of auto weapon as being useful for home defense.
    The fucking things are almost useless for close in home defense.

    The only reason that people own these type weapons like an AR 15 is that it gives them a hard on to own one.
    People that own these type of weapons have a type of fetish towards military style type weapons.
    They 'love' the way one of these weapons looks and how it feels when you hold one.

    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  21. #21
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    I am not demonizing anything.
    Fact of the matter is, that people notice when mass murders are committed with AR 15 assault rifles.
    They also notice when politicians state things like wanting to ban 100 round magazines.
    The put the two together, associate them and it scares the hell out of them.
    The idea of some insane lunatic firing off a weapon in a public place and committing mass murder with a weapon that has a magazine loaded with a capacity of 100 rounds scares the living hell out of most rational people.
    How rational are they when they throw off logic and toss away Constitutional rights on nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction?


  22. #22
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    I am not demonizing anything.
    Fact of the matter is, that people notice when mass murders are committed with AR 15 assault rifles.
    They also notice when politicians state things like wanting to ban 100 round magazines.
    The put the two together, associate them and it scares the hell out of them.
    The idea of some insane lunatic firing off a weapon in a public place and committing mass murder with a weapon that has a magazine loaded with a capacity of 100 rounds scares the living hell out of most rational people.
    well you got the magazine portion right this time. thank you for that. Now please show me where you get the 100 round part from?

    you are demonizing the misnomer of assault rifle. no one has used a 100 round magazine in any of these shootings, and as Newtown shows these shootings are just as deadly no matter what weapon is used. In Newtown a revolver. A six shot weapon that is the slowest of nearly all firearms to reload was used while the AR was left in the car. yet a tragedy still occurred and many people died. Taking every AR-15 out of the United States magically will not magically make us safer from these mass shootings. Anyone who believes that is foolish and uninformed.

    What it will do however is erode our 2nd amendment rights which makes it easier to erode other rights enumerated in the bill of rights. It will make it harder for law abiding citizens to protect ourselves from these crazies. It will have the exact opposite result as what you want to have happened. Namely, lowering the frequency and deadliness of these mass shootings.

    You and I want the same thing. However you mistakenly believe that taking these firearms away will accomplish our goal. You need to come to the very real understanding that what you want to do to accomplish our goal will have the exact opposite result of what you are hoping
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  23. #23
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    s2h's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Green and Mean
    Posts
    3,698
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    really what is gun control..or abortion..or any hot button topic about..its not about what's really needed or what is really in the best interest of people...it's all about agenda's that lead to $$$$..lobbyist get paid millions to "bribe" politician's to support and pass law's that peeps with $$$ want passed...and in the end of that rainbow is more $$$ for the politican's..be it direct "bribe's" or indirect $$$ from holding there current position...that's why you see so many "crooks"..sorry elected offical's change there stance on issue's from there election campagain to when they actually take office..the $$$ start rolling in and it changes the entire playing field...there all "dirty"..no matter what party..it's just some are "dirty" for what some believe and some are not...the whole place is a mess!!!



    ALL POSTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY..

  24. #24
    STFU AND TRAIN!!!!
    Z499's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ohio Valley
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Points
    273750217

    Depends on the person actually but for most, yes I understand, and they do suuuuuck for cqb. My rifles are mainly for rec shooting and nuisance animals like coyotes. I don't have the mentality of I'm going to use them to fight the gov...

  25. #25
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I love it when a plan comes together - KOS - Anything Goes MOD . KOS = the MOD that IM deserves.
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Points
    806610063

    Quote Originally Posted by Z499 View Post
    THANK YOU!!! For making the correction. Lol


    but all joking aside look at it like this. For most of us on here AAS are illegal but we are still able to get it through back door channels. You are pretty much doing that with guns. Sure make them illegal but if someone wants to get their hands on one then they will whether it requires breaking the law or not.
    Yeah
    I used the word clip instead of magazine.
    Excuse the fuck out of me everyone that took offense at the error.
    .
    I have more experience with using a high powered military weapon than probably most of the people on this board.
    Difference between them and me is that I looked at it as a tool only to defend my life and the lives of other marines as required to kill the enemy under orders.
    I did not have a fetish as to getting a hard on by the way the fucking thing looked and then getting off on having one of the fucking things to go out to a range and shoot at a fucking target.

    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  26. #26
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    Any dumbass that thinks that an semi auto AR 15 is going to be enough to defend themselves, their 'liberty' or their second amendment rights against the government if the government decides to come after their gun is a moron.

    I used a M-16 in the Marine Corps to kill people with and no way in hell would I ever try and defend my ownership of this type of auto weapon as being useful for home defense.
    The fucking things are almost useless for close in home defense.

    The only reason that people own these type weapons like an AR 15 is that it gives them a hard on to own one.
    People that own these type of weapons have a type of fetish towards military style type weapons.
    They 'love' the way one of these weapons looks and how it feels when you hold one.
    Please see the video I posted above about the activist from Tienanmen square who has now become a naturalized US citizen for your answer. If you can't understand his response then you are hopeless.

    Your understanding of the 2nd amendment I'm afraid may be hopelessly flawed. You are also a moron to think that just because the US military is better armed than the civilian populace we are morons for wanting AR's. The US government was better armed in Vietnam, and the Soviets were better armed in Afghanistan. open your eyes you dumb shit. NO one wants to use AR's to fight the US military. No one is rambo here spoiling for a fight.

    The sun is shining. you feel the warmth on your face, and yet you still scream it is night
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  27. #27
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    Your understanding of the 2nd amendment I'm afraid may be hopelessly flawed.
    That this is the crux of it. It's not about guns, it's about the rights that our Founding Fathers wanted us to have because they -- rightfully -- didn't trust any government more than the people.

    But yeah, people were killed, so lets toss all that away...


  28. #28
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    Yeah
    I used the word clip instead of magazine.
    Excuse the fuck out of me everyone that took offense at the error.
    .
    I have more experience with using a high powered military weapon than probably most of the people on this board.
    Difference between them and me is that I looked at it as a tool only to defend my life and the lives of other marines as required to kill the enemy under orders.
    I did not have a fetish as to getting a hard on by the way the fucking thing looked and then getting off on having one of the fucking things to go out to a range and shoot at a fucking target.
    I've never met a former marine who got so many terminologies so fundamentally wrong before. Calling magazines clips, and continuing on with 100 rounds when any marine knows you aren't using 100 round magazines, or clips makes so much of what you say questionable. I've seen military men argue against the assault rifles before, but i've never seen them do it using terminology which immediately brings their points into question because they sound so misinformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  29. #29
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I love it when a plan comes together - KOS - Anything Goes MOD . KOS = the MOD that IM deserves.
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Points
    806610063

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    well you got the magazine portion right this time. thank you for that. Now please show me where you get the 100 round part from?

    you are demonizing the misnomer of assault rifle. no one has used a 100 round magazine in any of these shootings, and as Newtown shows these shootings are just as deadly no matter what weapon is used. In Newtown a revolver. A six shot weapon that is the slowest of nearly all firearms to reload was used while the AR was left in the car. yet a tragedy still occurred and many people died. Taking every AR-15 out of the United States magically will not magically make us safer from these mass shootings. Anyone who believes that is foolish and uninformed.

    What it will do however is erode our 2nd amendment rights which makes it easier to erode other rights enumerated in the bill of rights. It will make it harder for law abiding citizens to protect ourselves from these crazies. It will have the exact opposite result as what you want to have happened. Namely, lowering the frequency and deadliness of these mass shootings.

    You and I want the same thing. However you mistakenly believe that taking these firearms away will accomplish our goal. You need to come to the very real understanding that what you want to do to accomplish our goal will have the exact opposite result of what you are hoping
    When I was in the Marine Corps I defended the constitution and the rights and liberty of the citizens of the United States by placing my life at risk and if necessary dying in the defense of that constitution, those rights and that liberty.
    To me my weapon was a tool to be used under orders to kill the enemies of the United States and our constitution.

    There is a fucking difference between that and jackass civilians that go around with a fetish hard on as to owning a military type high powered weapon and justifying that fetish by screaming about their second amendment rights and yelling about defending themselves against a "tyrannical government" all because they have a fetish hard on for owning an AR-15.
    Just so that they can use the fucking thing to shoot at targets at a gun range.

    They are full of shit.
    ROFLMAO at anyone that thinks that if the fucking government wants your gun that an semi-auto AR - 15 is going to stop them from taking it.
    Last edited by Bowden; 01-21-2013 at 01:31 PM.

    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  30. #30
    Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP
    jay_steel's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,825
    Rep Points
    602230632






    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    Any dumbass that thinks that an semi auto AR 15 is going to be enough to defend themselves, their 'liberty' or their second amendment rights against the government if the government decides to come after their gun is a moron.

    I used a M-16 in the Marine Corps to kill people with and no way in hell would I ever try and defend my ownership of this type of auto weapon as being useful for home defense.
    The fucking things are almost useless for close in home defense.

    The only reason that people own these type weapons like an AR 15 is that it gives them a hard on to own one.
    People that own these type of weapons have a type of fetish towards military style type weapons.
    They 'love' the way one of these weapons looks and how it feels when you hold one.
    You make no sense at all in this post...

    The AR is one of the best guns period to own for any one. First reason why the AR is a great gun to own is that it is very versitile. You can own one lower reciever and change out the upper reciver easily and have a hunting rifle and a target gun. You can easily go from a .223 round to a .300 black out, 6.5 grendel and have a great hunting rifle that is light weight and dependable.

    Why the .223 round is GREAT for home use. It is a cheap round. You can go shoot the shit out of a .223 long range and short range and have a blast all day. We have shot the .223 at 1000 yards in the rain and hit the target. It is also a gun that you can shoot all day with out murdering your shoulder. My long range sniper rifle r700 300wsm that shoot fucking flawless and can hit 1000 yards even while flinching with will tear your shoulder apart. This also makes it enjoyable for my 12 year old sister to shoot all day as well. Little to no recoil, low cost rounds, and a great platform to shoot.

    Yes there are better home defense weapons out there period. If some one came banging through my door I grab my 870 and glock. As for protecting your self against the gov't we have little or no chance of that period unless the military commits mutany, but it goes to the simple fact, they are taking rights away from people who do not break the laws.

    1 AR was used this year in a shooting, yet the media still says an AR was used in the school shooting which is false. Also you claim the AR is useless so then why ban them? I mean honestly... Also why do you hate on people for wanting to own a gun that looks cool? Havent you ever bought a car based on aesteic appeal or clothing and ect? The fact is no ban is going to save lives period. The country with the lowest crime rate is fineland and they have a law inplace that EVERY one must own a gun period.

Similar Threads

  1. Safety Video
    By min0 lee in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 09:46 AM
  2. Airline safety
    By ALBOB in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 11:59 AM
  3. safety
    By ac in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2002, 07:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->