For my Wife......

View Poll Results: Diet dinners....how do you rate them?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great nutritional source! Love 'em!

1 2.78%
  • Convenient, taste okay, but probably not that healthy.

10 27.78%
  • They're overpriced junk...not worth the investment.

15 41.67%
  • I'd rather have my head on fire and someone put it out with a sledgehammer than eat one of those things!

10 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

For my Wife......

Although I already have a very strong opinion on this, I ask that you all please give your input.

What do you think of "diet" dinners such as those found in the freezer section of your local grocery store? (y'know the ones...Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Lean Pockets...etc.)

FTW

Rep Points

They are full of shit........Don't eat em......The dinners that is. Your wife is ok.

Rep Points

I think they are crap and I never touch them - but I didn't always think that.

Something to consider...some people don't care if they are healthy or good for you. I have friends who live on these b/c they are super convenient and calorie controlled. All they care about is how much they weigh. Can you eat these breakfast, lunch and dinner and lose weight - yep. Should you? They don't even ask the question because they don't care.

(not saying that's your wife - but this does exist especially with woment.)

an extreme but true example - I had a friend in high school who "dieted" to lose weight on 4 Snickers a day. She did lose weight. that was her only concern - not health/body composition etc. just being smaller and candy got her there. sigh
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
    If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- 14th Dalai Lama

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

CRAP.

For one thing, check the sodium content of one of those things.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'm sure she'll appreciate the compliment. No, seriously folks, my wife thinks that these types of dinners are just fine. I have argued and argued, and taken the checkbook away from her......Okay, I've just argued.
    I have tried and tried to stress the point that this sort of food is JUNK! But she is convinced that it is the way to go......"You'll see" she says, as if we're in a fitness race.....which she is going to lose, I'm afraid.

FTW

Rep Points

Originally posted by DaMayor
    I'm sure she'll appreciate the compliment. No, seriously folks, my wife thinks that these types of dinners are just fine. I have argued and argued, and taken the checkbook away from her......Okay, I've just argued.
    I have tried and tried to stress the point that this sort of food is JUNK! But she is convinced that it is the way to go......"You'll see" she says, as if we're in a fitness race.....which she is going to lose, I'm afraid.
    Have your fitness race based on BF............

Have you tried to find some things for her to read on diet and fitness? There is a lot more to being healthy than being slim.

Rep Points

just like a guy (this is not an insult). rusty said what i wanted to in FAR fewer words!
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
    If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- 14th Dalai Lama

FTW

Rep Points

Originally posted by nikegurl
    just like a guy (this is not an insult). rusty said what i wanted to in FAR fewer words!
    Great minds think alike.........

Swearing off coffee, hell
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I tried to find some good articles for you but most of them were pretty weak. In a nutshell they said: Don't eat every night. Read the Nutrition Label (DUH), Watch the Sodium and add a serving of veg or fruit.

Too bad, I can't believe I couldn't find one that absolutely gave them a thumbs down.

Rep Points

Pure Shit Food

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

FTW

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    Pure Shit Food
    Sometimes I think you must have some male blood running through your vains............Your a no bullshit chick.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Naw, she's a sweetheart......(that will kick you inthe boys if you don't agree with her)

Rep Points

Alright DM you asked for it

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

The stuff inside the box is about as tasty as the box! YUCK!

It's a Wonderful Life!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Crap-o-la!

Rep Points

It's a damn shame that a whole generation grew up thinking that this kind of food was good for you. Many people have to re learn what good nurtrition is, some people just can't Marketing... Money.... Greed.... Obesity... Diabetes.... Syndrome X.....

TJohn

Um......get rooted!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

There are some very talented people paid a lot of money to market this as good stuff, so I can understand when people believe it. But a simple look at the Nutrition Label should reveal they are little more than cardboard covered in salt, fat and sugar.

Rep Points

They are NASTY!

Save her and yourself!
    Train 2 Gain

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Bump.

You guys can stop now......I showed her the thread and she still wants to debate the issue.

Time For Tough Love,Baby!

Anybody know of a good Food Intervention Program?

Believe, Achieve, Succeed

Rep Points

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
    CRAP.

For one thing, check the sodium content of one of those things.
    Ditto....

Extremely high in sodium content

Once a task you first begun,
    Never finished until it’s done,
    Be the labor great or small,
    Do it well or not at all!
    - Big Mama

Believe, Achieve, Succeed

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    Pure Shit Food

How eloquent

Once a task you first begun,
    Never finished until it’s done,
    Be the labor great or small,
    Do it well or not at all!
    - Big Mama

Rep Points

Female yes, never said I was a Lady

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Bump!

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by kuso
    DM....can you tell us exactly which brand of sugar and shit she insists on eating?
    Usually, "Healthy Coice". I used to eat them years ago as well, but at the time I was more concerned about convenience and a quick weight loss fix.

Her argument is that they are more economical.....I say, Horse Puckey! I think she's just sick of hearing me spout off IM terminology.

Rep Points

I would almost say McDonalds is closer to real meat than whats in those things.

I remember eating those years ago. OMG - Mystery Meat

They say its chicken, it looks like chicken, maybe even tastes like chicken but feels like a sponge in your mouth.

FTW

Rep Points

Tell her you will shut up about it if she will try it her way for 8 weeks then your way for 8 weeks. with no cheating on your 8 weeks. And you track her results with both.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good idea. She has been eating what I cook (clean stuff) at home, but it's lunch at work that kills her. I told her she needs to pack like I do, or make better choices. But of course, when you work with a bunch of barely twenty year old girls, and you're approaching forty, I imagine peer pressure could be tough. I can't judge, I've never been a woman. (No comments please )

Rep Points

Jodi's McDonald's comment is closer than she thinks. Frozen dinners are made of processed formed meat & veggies that failed quality inspection at the processing plant/slaughterhouse for whatever reason. Nasty stuff.

Max

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast