• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

For my Wife......

Diet dinners....how do you rate them?

• Great nutritional source! Love 'em!

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Convenient, taste okay, but probably not that healthy.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • They're overpriced junk...not worth the investment.

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I'd rather have my head on fire and someone put it out with a sledgehammer than eat one of those thi

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

DaMayor

Un~Bulking
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Although I already have a very strong opinion on this, I ask that you all please give your input.

What do you think of "diet" dinners such as those found in the freezer section of your local grocery store? (y'know the ones...Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Lean Pockets...etc.)

They are full of shit........Don't eat em......The dinners that is. Your wife is ok.:wave: :toilet:

I think they are crap and I never touch them - but I didn't always think that.

Something to consider...some people don't care if they are healthy or good for you. I have friends who live on these b/c they are super convenient and calorie controlled. All they care about is how much they weigh. Can you eat these breakfast, lunch and dinner and lose weight - yep. Should you? They don't even ask the question because they don't care.

(not saying that's your wife - but this does exist especially with woment.)

an extreme but true example - I had a friend in high school who "dieted" to lose weight on 4 Snickers a day. She did lose weight. that was her only concern - not health/body composition etc. just being smaller and candy got her there. sigh

CRAP.

:D

For one thing, check the sodium content of one of those things. :eek:

I'm sure she'll appreciate the compliment. No, seriously folks, my wife thinks that these types of dinners are just fine. I have argued and argued, and taken the checkbook away from her......Okay, I've just argued.
I have tried and tried to stress the point that this sort of food is JUNK! But she is convinced that it is the way to go......"You'll see" she says, as if we're in a fitness race.....which she is going to lose, I'm afraid.:shrug:

Originally posted by DaMayor
I'm sure she'll appreciate the compliment. No, seriously folks, my wife thinks that these types of dinners are just fine. I have argued and argued, and taken the checkbook away from her......Okay, I've just argued.
I have tried and tried to stress the point that this sort of food is JUNK! But she is convinced that it is the way to go......"You'll see" she says, as if we're in a fitness race.....which she is going to lose, I'm afraid.:shrug:

Have your fitness race based on BF............

Have you tried to find some things for her to read on diet and fitness? There is a lot more to being healthy than being slim.

just like a guy (this is not an insult). rusty said what i wanted to in FAR fewer words! :thumb:

Originally posted by nikegurl
just like a guy (this is not an insult). rusty said what i wanted to in FAR fewer words! :thumb:

Great minds think alike.........:D

I tried to find some good articles for you but most of them were pretty weak. In a nutshell they said: Don't eat every night. Read the Nutrition Label (DUH), Watch the Sodium and add a serving of veg or fruit.

Too bad, I can't believe I couldn't find one that absolutely gave them a thumbs down.

Pure Shit Food :D

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Jodi

Sometimes I think you must have some male blood running through your vains............Your a no bullshit chick. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Alright DM you asked for it

:attitude: :lol:

The stuff inside the box is about as tasty as the box! YUCK!

It's a damn shame that a whole generation grew up thinking that this kind of food was good for you. Many people have to re learn what good nurtrition is, some people just can't :( Marketing... Money.... Greed.... Obesity... Diabetes.... Syndrome X.....

TJohn

There are some very talented people paid a lot of money to market this as good stuff, so I can understand when people believe it. But a simple look at the Nutrition Label should reveal they are little more than cardboard covered in salt, fat and sugar.

Bump.

You guys can stop now......I showed her the thread and she still wants to debate the issue.

Time For Tough Love,Baby!

Anybody know of a good Food Intervention Program?:whip: :whip:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
CRAP.

:D

For one thing, check the sodium content of one of those things. :eek:

Ditto....

Extremely high in sodium content

Once a task you first begun,
Never finished until it???s done,
Be the labor great or small,
Do it well or not at all!
- Big Mama

Originally posted by Jodi

:haha: :haha:

How eloquent:D

Once a task you first begun,
Never finished until it???s done,
Be the labor great or small,
Do it well or not at all!
- Big Mama

:p Female yes, never said I was a Lady :funny:

Originally posted by kuso
DM....can you tell us exactly which brand of sugar and shit she insists on eating? ;)

Usually, "Healthy Coice". I used to eat them years ago as well, but at the time I was more concerned about convenience and a quick weight loss fix.

Her argument is that they are more economical.....I say, Horse Puckey! I think she's just sick of hearing me spout off IM terminology.
:rolleyes:

I would almost say McDonalds is closer to real meat than whats in those things. :barf:

I remember eating those years ago. OMG - Mystery Meat

They say its chicken, it looks like chicken, maybe even tastes like chicken but feels like a sponge in your mouth. :barf:

Tell her you will shut up about it if she will try it her way for 8 weeks then your way for 8 weeks. with no cheating on your 8 weeks. And you track her results with both.

Good idea. She has been eating what I cook (clean stuff) at home, but it's lunch at work that kills her. I told her she needs to pack like I do, or make better choices. But of course, when you work with a bunch of barely twenty year old girls, and you're approaching forty, I imagine peer pressure could be tough. I can't judge, I've never been a woman. (No comments please:finger: )

Jodi's McDonald's comment is closer than she thinks. Frozen dinners are made of processed formed meat & veggies that failed quality inspection at the processing plant/slaughterhouse for whatever reason. Nasty stuff.

Max

Back