• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

calorie deficient while you're on testosterone

westb51

on a constant bulk
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If one was 15%-20% body fat and ran a test cycle that was calorie deficient wouldn't the body "use" the fat (stored energy) until your bf got to a point where it wouldn't burn the fat? Then you up the calories at that point.

I've read that fat boys should be on an AI while using test, does Purus Labs Recycle Hormone Exhilirator fit the bill? I looked at Arimidex but it's $$$$ and I'm like $$

This is probably a newb question so please be kind.

Bro u should read up some More. u should always run an AI when on test cycle armidex is vary good last thing u want is to get cought in the middle and need it , just run it from the start u will be much happier so will your nips

it's not a requirement to run ai's or ancillaries when running aas...your body actually needs a certain amount of estrogen in relation to your test to continue to grow without retaining fat..too little of either or too much of either works against you...too many people overuse ai's/ancillaries...for myself they're really only needed during contest prep...

Nope, your body burns muscle first (turns into ketones) than fat. That's why people like doing super low carb diets, it forces the body to burn fat before muscle. I gave a really shitty explanation but that's the gist of it.

Starvation response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One thing you're wrong about; ketones are a breakdown product of fat metabolism not protein. It is nearly impossible however to burn off only fat at a deficit. You will loose some muscle but if you use a lower carb or carb cycling diet and stimulate your muscles enough you can minimize this at a calorie deficit

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, your body burns muscle first (turns into ketones) than fat. That's why people like doing super low carb diets, it forces the body to burn fat before muscle. I gave a really shitty explanation but that's the gist of it.

actually your body is very good at preserving lean tissue until its absolutely needed to survive, you will of course burn some muscle the whole way but fat stores are used first. From the link you posted

"Starvation mode is a state in which the body is responding to prolonged periods of low energy intake levels. During short periods of energy abstinence, the human body will burn primarily free fatty acids from body fat stores. After prolonged periods of starvation the body has depleted its body fat and begins to burn lean tissue and muscle as a fuel source.[SUP][2][/SUP]Ordinarily, the body responds to reduced energy intake by burning fat reserves first, and only consumes muscle and other tissues when those reserves are exhausted. Specifically, the body burns fat after first exhausting the contents of the digestive tract along with glycogen reserves stored in muscle and liver cells.[SUP][3][/SUP] After prolonged periods of starvation, the body will utilize the proteins within muscle tissue as a fuel source. People who practice fasting on a regular basis, such as those adhering to energy restricted diets, can prime their bodies to abstain from food without burning lean tissue.[SUP][4][/SUP] Resistance training (such as weight lifting) can also prevent the loss of muscle mass while a person is energy-restricted."

your body knows lbm is useful and will not give it up readily, fat is your primary energy source and unless you drop cals really far below deficit you will lose mostly fat.

I'm going to break this down in layman terms....

Any aas including testosterone is meant to increase muscle mass or prevent muscle wasting..its does nothing for fat burning directly. When calorie deficient, it protects what muscle you have. You can still lose muscle depending on how hard you push it. Again it doesn't burn fat directly, the fat is burnt off is by increase basal metabolic rate from holding extra muscle from the testosterone. This is not going to be a lot since its really hard to gain that kind of mass in that short of time period, but over the years it can become a lot. The majority of your fat burning will be coming from your diet, dropping carbs/cals and doing some cardio.

So testosterone means more muscle retained, fat loss comes from lower carbs/cals and some cardio.

And the more body fat you have, the more aromatization you will have from the testosterone. (you will be converting more testosterone to estrogen then a lean person). This is probably why it was recommended to AI with test. I do agree with this. You don't need a whole lot but enough to keep it under control.

THIS IS NOT TRUE WHEN AAS IS INVOLVED.

i have put on significant muscle while dropping significant fat on cycle and I know countless others that have done so as well. Now I dont know if this is specific to just test but AAS does allow you to drop fat and put on mucle at the same time while eating at a deficit.

AAS does allow you to drop fat and put on mucle at the same time while eating at a deficit.

I think its possible if the person is: very obese, they are a newb, on highly anabolic gear, the deficit isnt below 500/day, and they are A woman.

I think an advanced person who has trained for years, is conditioned, has been using gear for years, relatively low BF, on a 500+ cal deficit, And Male...Will not gain muscle on a cal deficit.

There are always anomalies and genetic mutants who are the exception to any rule.

IML Gear Cream!
I think its possible if the person is: very obese, they are a newb, on highly anabolic gear, the deficit isnt below 500/day, and they are A woman.

I think an advanced person who has trained for years, is conditioned, has been using gear for years, relatively low BF, on a 500+ cal deficit, And Male...Will not gain muscle on a cal deficit.

There are always anomalies and genetic mutants who are the exception to any rule.

I agree. There is a "newbie window" that new trainees get the benefit of enjoying where you can do both for a short peiod of time. Some AAS allow this as wellbut its usu right at the maint. Calorie threshold while maintaining a low carb diet but its not an easy place to get to.

Thanks for the replies.

Would anyone recommend Purus Labs Recycle Hormone Exhilirator as an AI?

images

Find some exmenestane or arimidex Several board sponsers carry them as a research product.

All I can add is that as I set here & read all these rsponses, I feel as though i should have a F****** masters degree in science!!! thnx though!:nerd::roflmao:

They op is clearly not who you are describing.

If one was 15%-20% body fat and ran a test cycle that was calorie deficient wouldn't the body "use" the fat (stored energy) until your bf got to a point where it wouldn't burn the fat? Then you up the calories at that point.

I've read that fat boys should be on an AI while using test, does Purus Labs Recycle Hormone Exhilirator fit the bill? I looked at Arimidex but it's $$$$ and I'm like $$

This is probably a newb question so please be kind.
I had the same question. There are a lot of good answers here, I feel like I just sat through a fitness class.

check out the palumbo diet. It is what I am on high protein and high good fats no carbs. I lost 12lbs in a week so far and lost no size. strength is down because of fat loss and lack of carbs but after changing up my work out to a higher rep I am able to increase my intensity due to having better cardio. As for AI get real adex and dont waste your time. Do it right or dont do it at all.

I dunno when I ran SDMZ for my first cycle, I was on a carb cycling cut and def added LBM. But it was also my first cycle.

I was also just above maintenance on high carb days.

Hi poople do you think that a person who drink beer is added alot of carb?

Thanks for the replies.

Would anyone recommend Purus Labs Recycle Hormone Exhilirator as an AI?

images
what type of test, what dose of test and how long of a cycle are you planning on running?

there are so many factors outside of just test or any AAS use...when it comes to body comp changes that on the limited info by the OP its pure speculation as too the outcome...one thing for certain..diet drives fat loss and everything else is a bonus..

Back