• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

thoughts, experiences and info relating to breast implants for the female bb

gettinthere

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Being a bb women, i have very small breasts, due to lack of body fat I would assume. I am thinking to have my breasts done, but I am concerned about the effects it would have on my training and the fact that I want to grow. I would love to hear about other womens experiences, concerns and any knowledge they have on this subject.
Thanks in advance!
Smiles,
Gettinthere

if it makes the woman feel better that's good but i think small breasts are really beautiful.

The shape of the breast is tjeost important thing no matter what the size
At least from this males point of view
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

^^ Have no idea what that means.

If you want to compete, of course the whole irony of women's physique is they want lean - but when you drop bodyfat, the first thing to go is the bodyfat that contributes to the beloved shape of Dave's breasts. So to continue the illusion of "lean femininity" that judges want, the option is either a padded bra or a boob job. Most competitors these days have implants.

The surgery itself is much less impactful and a faster recovery than say 10 years ago. Much will depend on the type of implant / surgery you get - if you go 'under the muscle', it is more invasive - they cut into the pec muscle to create a pocket for the implant to sit in. That means you have the recovery time of working thru the scar tissue and nerve recovery. Generally that is a month or less to get back to mostly normal. The one hitch that comes w/ 'under the muscle' is that when you contract your pecs, you will see some contraction in the implant shape as well - basically like when you squeeze a balloon. Another impact that seems more anecdotal, but seems to be expected - with 'under the muscle', with continued chest training, more pec contraction, you may also be pushing the implant further out over time.

The other option is 'over the muscle' where they basically just put the implant on top of the pec w/ no invasive cutting and much faster recovery. Also w/o putting the implant into the pec muscle, the contraction won't have any impact on the implant. Back when they used saline, 'over the muscle' will also show any ripples in the implant. A requirement to get 'over the muscle' is to have enough skin / bodyfat to accommodate an implant. Sometimes for very petite or extremely ectomorph women there simply isn't enough to work with for an 'over the muscle'.

In terms of training, different docs will tell you different things about chest training. Many just don't or cut way back on it. Again the biggest impact would be 'under the muscle'. If you want more specific info about the most recent technology and specifically your body, you should schedule a consult or two w/ some docs. You can look specifically for doctors who have done work on physique athletes / people who lift. You can also generally check out any of the many sites out there:

A Woman's Guide to Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants | ImplantInfo
etc

More googling will find you additional experiences.

I originally got saline 'under the muscle' in 2000 - I got the contraction look on side chest poses and whenever doing chest training. I was already 'built wide', but it seemed like over the years the implants moved further out. I've since had the saline replaced w/ silicon and went a little larger to fill in the cleavage and also have better proportion with the upper back width I've developed over the last several years of competition training.

My wife just got them under muscle... Doc says no exercise for about a year! It's been 3 mos now and she is still highly restricted not to lift anything over 10 lbs. it is also said to be the most painful surgery a woman can go through. But they do look awesome!

so, i guess its a question 'what do I want more?' I've read some other posts that say women lose strength in the chest, the implants move to the armpit, so not to work the chest................... I'm not sure I want to give that up. I like how I look, physically proportioned, except for my 'smallness'. I already have a large chest (muscle wise) and I don't want to lose that. I am having a delema as to what I want more. Why can't I have the best of both worlds....................... ;)

I am sorry to say hopefully the gentleman upthread whose wife got under the muscle she won't have any problems but after NUMEROUS consultations as well as knowing dozens and dozens of women with implants for any female that plans on lifting in the future over the muscle is what she must get. Under the muscle she can TRY using her chest and lifting and then stop if she has any problems. under the muscle any type of chest press or even overhead press she risks compressing the implant. It can end up totally deformed. I know a woman whose right breast implant got compressed and deformed from her using her pec. Guess what she use it for. HOLDING A COCKTAIL TRAY. She is a cocktail waitress and just the amount of work her muscle did holding the tray overhead was enough to compress and deform the implant.

Its either no more chest lifting or over the muscle.

Pick the size and shape that will look the best with the womans frame. The finished product (how close together etc.) depends on what the woman's natural breast shape is.

Hardbodies dont have boobs. For that reason those of us that like the hardbody look tend to also like the look of implants. I like a big round fake boob on a rock hard body but thats just me :)

There is no one who can make the decision for you - but there is a huge amount of general information out there. I personally spent 3 months researching. Back in the late 90s there weren't as many resources, blogs, etc, but I did spend a lot of time on A Woman's Guide to Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants | ImplantInfo. I did the research. They gave recommendations for how to locate and research doctors, the details to look for and the questions to ask. I reviewed the several in my area, reviewed their medical credentials as well as any record of malpractice. I then went to 3 different ones for consults - this helps to get an idea of the going rates, how each doctor presents what they particularly do, gives you a chance to ask questions and even see how you interact w/ the doc. One of the 3 I went to I immediately didn't like - I don't recall the reason, but I do remember just not feeling like he was easy to talk to or that he was really listening to me. I also made a point to avoid those who were "cheaper" and their book of before / afters consisted of what looked like a lot of "dancers". Back then there were fewer who probably did work on gym people because Physique Competition was much smaller and implants were still a bit of a "hollywood thing'. That has changed significantly so you will probably find many who have worked on at least a few competitors / gym people and will be able to answer questions about training.

In your case, you'd also want to ask specific questions about experience working w/ female athletes, particularly weight lifters. Even better if they are gymrats themselves and "get it". You can further ask what they would recommend for your particular body, lifestyle and needs. I found the doctors I went to favored a particular approach - in fact it was never asked if I wanted "overs" or "unders" - this is just what he did. In terms of recovery, he didn't mention anything about the "massaging" and didn't call out anything particular (training-wise) to do or not do. The only thing he really said was to not lift my arms above my elbows for the first couple weeks, and not above my shoulders for the first month. This was to allow the implants to heal and to reduce chance of capsular contracture. I followed this religiously because I'd seen one girl at my gym who ignored that advice and had implants that were rock hard and looked pretty when you saw the actual implant.

If you know anyone in your gym or who you lift with who has had them, definitely ask them questions and if they have any recommendations for a doctor. I had been thinking about getting a redo w/ silicone for a number of years, but didn't actually do it until I had a friend who I trusted implicitly and was a heavy lifter, recommended one. I did the same research on this guy before I went in for the consult. I was very happy with him and the results.

The other thing I liked about implantinfo.doc was back then they had a forum and a live chat - there were a lot of women who were also scheduled for the surgery or recently completed the surgery who posted so you could ask them questions or look at their updates as they went thru the whole process. Sometimes there's no better insight than people's comments as they go thru the process.

My personal experience - for my first surgery - I remember they were very good and I was very comfortable going into surgery and even remember as I fell asleep w/ the anesthesia. I woke up later that day in their recovery room - it didn't really "hurt" but I do remember coming out of the sleep literally feeling like an elephant was sitting on my chest. After a day that stopped. Then the issues were how hard it was to get in & out bed to go to the bathroom or up & down the stairs because of how tight my chest felt. I ended up sleeping in a recliner chair in my living room on my first floor for another 3-4 days. I was off all the pain killers within about 5-6 days and back to work a week later. The most annoying part of recovery was the random shooting pains I'd get where nerves were regenerating. I also had a hard time driving when I had to look behind me to back up. Anything involving rotation of my torso hurt some. A month later I was out in clubs w/ no bra on jumping around all night. It rocked! Training-wise - I was back doing cardio after 3-4 weeks - again the biggest issue was just tightness and random shooting pains when I suddenly moved my torso left or right. I started training as well but stayed away from back or chest for a while. Then I started prep for my first show about 3 months later. This obviously involved chest - it took a while to get into it comfortably because I was dealing w/ breaking up the scar tissue and also the random muscle spasms I would get while the pecs were engaging. That just took a while to get used to, and eventually it just became a non-issue.

None of this stuff would be an issue if you get "overs". And additionally these days the recovery time is significantly shorter, and I'd venture the pain is significantly less because of improved methods & technology. And I imagine there are even more options than just "unders" and "overs". If we were talking about "pain" levels for this surgery, I wouldn't count it as all that much of a big deal anymore - nothing like it used to be.

As I said, I would do the research to get a better understanding of what is available. Get on implantinfo.com or another is implantforum.com to talk to real people getting them done - also a great time to ask questions when many of these people are still asking their own doctors practical questions. On these sites you can also often get a good idea of what the going rates are in your area so would also be able to guess if someone is charging too much or too little for a good job. And then pick a couple docs to schedule consults. Back when I did it, the consults were typically free. I hear more recently they might not be - or the cost would go towards the price of the surgery if you chose that doctor, so money for the consults might be a consideration - but still the best info you can get is to talk to a couple docs, share your concerns and get their response in terms of what they might recommend for you both for the surgery type as well as training guidance afterwards / going forward.

The only person I've ever heard of having a blow out was my colorist back in California - she was a power lifter and had been benching in a shirt - obviously that's a huge amount of pressure on an implant, but I personally have never had any issues at all.

Sassy I fwd your post to the GF. Thanks for the info.

Great info Sassy! Thanks so much! You know so much about so much...........amazing!

I was at the same spot you are , except 14 years ago - there's a huge amount of info & experiences out there and nothing beats talking to a real doc. There are some real docs who post on some of those forums as well if you have questions - but none of them can actually make recommendations until they see you & your build.

The advice to go on consultations is key. The first three docs I went to each gave me different opinion and different price!

the best info I got was 'to think for myself, choose for myself, and get a good doctor that understands what we do'. I'm still unsure as to what I will do, but knowing that my questions can be (mostly) answered here is comforting. I have a place to start now, knowing more than I did before I posted the question. Pros, cons, options, opinions, and all that.

my opinion would be either to get them ASAP so you can recover quick or dont get them. My fear would be waiting to long and getting exceptional gains and having that push you farther back. My opinion there is nothing wrong with a women with smaller breast, there are tons of girls out there with incredible bodys with no implants and small boobs. I am not sure about womens contests but I hope that would not go into consideration in symetry.

Back