• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

carb intake

jimm

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys we all know carbs are very important but i find my slef not eating enought i can eat protein all and get my healthy fats in but i lack in the carbs... what would u reccomend a good daily dosage of carbs is for some one of my size im 5'8 190 bodyfat around 12 % would u say 400-500g a day is ok? my carbs will come from oats and complex carbs such as balsmati rice and sweet potatoe ect.. any way whats a good starting point? im fed up of not getting in enough carbs new year im making it my mission to get my carbs in and focus on my legs training wise anyway yeah any good suggestions i think im going to go with 450-500g a day and try that for a few weeks see how my body reacts..i also have dextrose aswell should i count that into my carb intake or not? i only use it in my post workout shake.. any help please brothers and sisters?

Start with 3 meals a day with carbs on non-workout days. Add in more pre and post workout.

500g of carbs are hard to eat clean. I tried a couple of times and it was tough. I assume your bulking what are ur macros?

Start with 3 meals a day with carbs on non-workout days. Add in more pre and post workout.

500g of carbs are hard to eat clean. I tried a couple of times and it was tough. I assume your bulking what are ur macros?

yeah im bulking and i think 400-500g of clean carbs is not that hard to get in now i dont even look at food as food i look at it as protein carbs and fats i just have to eat it or im not gonna get to were i wanna be.. oats and balsmati rice are my favourites i seem to be able to get them down me alot easier then say sweet potatoe or pasta although i like to switch it up all the time... oats is a standard part of my diet that will never change its just switching between oats rice and pasta to keep from getting sick of one or the other..

my macros are around 4000 cal a day

protein 300g
carbs 400g-500g on training days
fats.. well im struggling to find out the right amount of fats to be taking in so im going to start a thread about it now

if your bulking you want close to 40% of your cals to come from carbs. a high carb diet is not only very anabolic it's protein sparing.

the majority of your carbs should be consumed first thing in the am to spike your insulin and then a decent serving in the hours prior to your workout and post workout with a carb intake high enough to spike insulin once again.

first day ive actually stuck to what ive said and ive not eaten over 50g of carbs im still nearning my 300g of protein but fuck me i feel hungry as fuck stilll!!

should i just go str8 back up to 400-500g of carb tomoro? im training back tomoro or should i taper up with the carbs lol?

depending on what time you are training. you want to consume the majority of those carbs in the am, pre-workout and post workout.

depending on what time you are training. you want to consume the majority of those carbs in the am, pre-workout and post workout.

i like alot pre prepeare all my meals the night before tupawear them up weigh them count macros ect... i will consome carbs steadily throughout the day then have some dextrose in my shake after training then get another meal down me by that time its around 8pm then i usually just have my cottage cheese before bed. unless its a low carb day then its obv different.. think thats still ok?

im just trying to find out the best routine to cycle carbs e.g low days high days.. i dont think ill do no carb days untill its summer or im competing..

500 Grams of carbs is a lot. I usually shoot for a ratio of 2 to 1. Meaning 1 gram of protein to half gram of carbohydrates. I try to make up the difference in mct type oils like coconut.

IMHO, If your at 12% bf (probably higher since everyone always underestimates), I wouldn't bump your carbs up much higher then 100-150g ed for the first few weeks. Monitor from there and adjust. 400-500g increase right off the bat is asking for fat gain, esp at your bf right now.

IML Gear Cream!
IMHO, If your at 12% bf (probably higher since everyone always underestimates), I wouldn't bump your carbs up much higher then 100-150g ed for the first few weeks. Monitor from there and adjust. 400-500g increase right off the bat is asking for fat gain, esp at your bf right now.

thanks for your input my bf was estimated by a pro and a different trainer who is coaching his son down at my local his son is down to about 7% they both agreed i was 12ish% but that was months ago right now im a week into a test p and dbol cycle right now aswell... ur talking to a guy who had litterly never hit his recomended carb intake my whole liftinging career it was all just protein protein protein for me i feel a massive difference now im getting my carbs in... even my mood feels better but i will take ur advise on board il just judge by the mirror every day after all i am bulking 90% clean so a lil fat is uninevatable.. but yeah it il just keep an eye on it and lower the carbs if nessasery.

but me and carbs have become very good friends now i just need to learn how to minipulate them best... im bulking now so a strict carb cycle is not my main priority staying in a surplus is but in 3-4 months the strict carb cycling begins..

the local pro had a look at me and said i had a good physique but was very flat looking and needed carbs!

the local pro had a look at me and said i had a good physique but was very flat looking and needed carbs!

It seems like your discussion is crossing multiple threads. I'm not clear if you're intending to carb cycle or what. The only comment I wanted to make is if you are intending to carb cycle, yes there are days when you may look flat because it is a low carb day. If someone sees you that day and says you're flat and you need carbs - don't blow your carb cycle schedule because this guy said you need carbs. If that is where you are in the carb cycle, your body is responding exactly how it should. You're not every day going to look optimal if you're in the process of getting to a goal or running an intentional cycle. Sorry if I'm off on a different track but I'm not clear where you are, e.g. today, with your diet.

It seems like your discussion is crossing multiple threads. I'm not clear if you're intending to carb cycle or what. The only comment I wanted to make is if you are intending to carb cycle, yes there are days when you may look flat because it is a low carb day. If someone sees you that day and says you're flat and you need carbs - don't blow your carb cycle schedule because this guy said you need carbs. If that is where you are in the carb cycle, your body is responding exactly how it should. You're not every day going to look optimal if you're in the process of getting to a goal or running an intentional cycle. Sorry if I'm off on a different track but I'm not clear where you are, e.g. today, with your diet.

thank your for chiming in sassy! somebody who knows there stuff let me make this as clear as i can to you...

I have never carb cycled in my life. I want to but iv platued at my weight of 180-190 is and strenght wise ect im at a platue for shore..

I have always never eaten enough carbs full stop so ive always had a flat look and ive platueud in training gaining weight ect... i dont know why iv never eaten much carbs i never had a phobia of getting fat im ecto by nature and my metbolism is through the roof so i really have no idea why i never got my carbs in... it baffles me to look back like i said im getting in 400-500g easy now and all clean and when i get these carbs in i feel better in the gym physically and emotionlly aswell i really do notice a huge difference.

So yes i want to carb cycle.

Thing is im thinking right now its febuary i should bulk up to around may sort of time then do a strict carb cycle regime..

BUT for the time beeing would i get any benefit from tweaking the advanced carb cycling layout and say getting my carbs in on the days i train and just low carbs 50-100g max on my rest days...

i just want to know if breaking my self in gently to this carb cycling stuff will have any benefit and will it be worth my whilse doing what i just said about low carb on non training days and just upping the fats on them days..

should i still expect some of the benefits with my own version of it like sated abouve?

hope this helped as you can tell im confused myself about the whole thing but ive went from beeing obsessed with protein (which will always remain high) to highly intreuged in carb minipulation...

p.s sorry about bad grammer, hope you can help.:winkfinger:

Back