Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Late Night Meals

Rep Points

Late Night Meals

Hey y'all, just looking for feedback on what you think about eating late, around 9:00pm? I have a pretty long workday, I eat good throughout the day & usually get my workout in after everything else. This puts my last meal(after workout meal) around 9. I'm running a bulk cycle right now, should I cut the late meal though?? I end up going to bed by 10pm, just wondering, thnx!
    Git-er-the-F-Dun-B!!

DRSE

Rep Points

I wake up and eat almost every night around 1 and my last meal is around 9. My late night meals are smaller and have almost no carbs(fibrous carbs being the exception).

Rep Points

I think that it is perfectly fine to eat late for sure that is just preference to tell you the truth
    it all depends on when you want to eat and how many calories you want to get in bro it just
    all depends on your schedule and what time you can get the food in. Just eat don't worry about time

Rep Points

The most important meal of the day bar none is your post workout meal. It is critical to your gains to have a good balanced meal after training. Lots of protein and some complex carbs. I make sure to get a pwo shake in me with 50g protein or some bcaa's and 75g karbolyn right after training and a big meal about an hour and a half later.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

you want the last meal of the day before sleep to be very low in carbs and basically almost all proteins and fats and possible some fiber (flax seed, etc.).

you want to keep insulin secretion at night before sleep as low as possible since the majority of GH is released at night during the end of the first sleep cycle. high serum insulin levels at night blunts GH secretion.

the metabolic rate also increases during the first sleep cycle then decreases lower and lower until it reaches it's slowest point right before awaking. but the lower the body fat or the more fat free mass a person has the less of a difference there is between the resting metabolic rate (RMR) and the sleeping metabolic rate (SMR).
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.