17 Year Old Female - Six Pack Help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Agentyes View Post
    Do you work out in a gym? Decline sit ups with a weight plate on the chest is a pretty easy one to jerry rig even if you don't have a full gym. Or a dumbell on the chest. (Decline Crunches) also I don't see ANY benefit to doing these tabata style.
    I work out at my universities Gym. its pretty old school, it it has enough gear to get the job done. My Old personal trainor told me to do tabata. I think its actually really good. 8 rounds, 20 seconds on 10 seconds off. In the 20 seconds you go as hard out as you can. it works you out pretty sweet. and i do quite a few sets.
    I'll give all your weighted ab work outs a go, got any more? just list them and i'll see what i can do.

Thanks once again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andreakaden View Post
    I work out at my universities Gym. its pretty old school, it it has enough gear to get the job done. My Old personal trainor told me to do tabata. I think its actually really good. 8 rounds, 20 seconds on 10 seconds off. In the 20 seconds you go as hard out as you can. it works you out pretty sweet. and i do quite a few sets.
    I'll give all your weighted ab work outs a go, got any more? just list them and i'll see what i can do.

Thanks once again!

Tabata is great for fat burning totally agree. To build up your muscles you are going to want to add several workouts that are bodybuilder style ab workouts - pro tip: bodybuilders don't do tabata.

BEEFCAKE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

But to be clear - Abs are made in the kitchen. You're looking to lean out enough, particularly in the areas where women tend to carry more bodyfat (estrogen driven). You aren't calling out any other muscle group so you dont' need to go hard at it e.g. fighting to get striated glutes are quad detail (most non-competitor women don't care about that) - so you don't have to fight estrogen bodyfat as much as most. But diet is your first place to start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

17 Year Old Female - Six Pack Help!

Can I just say that this has been a great read. The girl I'm seeing has been saying forever she wanted to get her 6 pack back from a few years ago. Her plan was to starve herself (not literally, but kind of), and do ridiculous amounts of cardio and "toning stuff" in the gym. No matter how I said it, she never got that diet and training would get her to show her abs, and weighted abs would make them pop. This thread changed that. You ladies rock. Sassy and AY are bosses, and good luck to you OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk