• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How long does chicken last in fridge?

jdm34

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've decided to start eating better in order to get the gains I want, but I'm always too busy to cook the food I need to eat. I'm thinking that the best way is to prepare a ton of food at once and live off of that for a few days. My main concern is how long is certain stuff good in the fridge, particularly chicken breast?

I also wouldn't mind making like a gallon sized protein shake to keep in the fridge, but I recall hearing somewhere that this is not a good idea. It this an OK thing to do, and if so, how long can I expect this to be good for? (water, protein powder, heavy cream, strawberries).

Thanks!

For chicken I would say 5 days but I've gone longer, maybe my fridg is colder than most.

TJohn

Chicken?

I say its good until its either too slimy to pick up or it smells bad. :D

Originally posted by Monolith
Chicken?

I say its good until its either too slimy to pick up or it smells bad. :D

:barf: :barf:

I don't eat ANYTHING that's left in the fridge more than 3 days.

Originally posted by TJohn
For chicken I would say 5 days but I've gone longer, maybe my fridg is colder than most.

TJohn
same here.:thumb:

I follow the three day rule. But then again I like to break the rules!:D

thanks everyone!! especially lina for that link!

I grill 5-6 days worth of chicken at a time.

...I'm lazy...

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Showdown
I grill 5-6 days worth of chicken at a time.

...I'm lazy...
naw, your smart, cuz its what i do to :thumb:

:scratch: Maybe if you put a bowl of water and some feed,it would stay in there longer...
:rolleyes:
:D
:)

I go with five days, too. I make my a few pounds of chicken on Sunday and bag it up to bring to work. Whatever I don't eat by Friday COB goes in the garbage. Sometimes (especially if there is a real good sale happening) I will make a lot of chicken and put the cooked chicken in the freezer to make it even easier in the long term.

Chicken will dry up in a fridge after awhile, I dont think I've left anything longer than 2 days. I usually cook 3-6 at a time, and dont usually go over 6 chicken breasts in a day, and cooking them doesn't take that long.

What's everyones favorite method of cooking?

I start with a high heat, and sear both sides of the chicken.
Turn the heat down to med-low, and add some chicken broth.
Let it steam like that for another 10-15 mins (flip it a couple times).
Makes the chicken super-tender and juicy. :D

I season both sides with usually a cajun spice mix and slap it on the George Foreman and I am done in less than 10 minutes. The GFG is the greatest invention of all time.

One thing that was not answered, if you could all give your input on it, is what about making a whole lot of protein shake, and storing it in the fridge, say in the morning make enough to last you thruout the day. Not longer then a day, but does the protein go bad within a few hours?

I make my shake before I go to bed to drink right after my morning workout and I dont have any problems with it. As long as its in the fridge it is okay. But I wouldn't make any more than a days worth.

Back