NapsGear.net

Torn rotator cuff

USER

Rep Points

Torn rotator cuff

I have a small tear in my left shoulder( MRI proved it) I can have it fixed for a few months because of work schedule. I haven't lifted in about 2 months because of holidays and my shoulder but I can't just sit around and get fat. Anyone have some chest exercises to do while my shoulder is torn? I don't care about how much weight I can lift. Trying to stay tone while I've got this injury.

gonna be working deca and test E in once I've got my diet back right and I've been back lifting a month or so.

TEAM AY

Rep Points

If you try to lift the small tear will become a bigger, or even complete tear. Don't do it. Concentrate on legs and do lots of cardio to stay in shape. After surgery it will be at least 6 months before you can start lifting very light. I won't lie, it's a tough road back.... don't make it worse.

Trust me.... been there. I had tendonitis in my shoulder and I kept trying to work out. It turned into a tear, and I tried to work around it. It completely snapped one day and I couldn't raise my arm more then about parallel to the floor. I had surgery, and while I am back lifting it will never be 100%.

Rep Points

Torn rotator cuff

Depends on how small the tear is, will be dependent on when you can do (therapy) ! I just tore my triceps brachii a month ago. Take time off completely and let it rest and go back and get another check up. And if you choose to lift weights, I'd do machines and DO NOT overload w/ weight. The last thing you want is a full tear-- then shit gets real! Work on your legs. Separate hams from quads. Do a lot of cardio and core while resting!

What did the Dr tell you to do?

Not that they're always right!!!

USER

Rep Points

Well she said I have a small tear and a frayed labrum . Didn't act like surgery was 100% necessary, but I told her I wanted it anyway. She wanted me to try physical therapy first. I went 6 times and decided I could do what that hut was doin and wouldn't have to pay.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

My advice is to find a better physical therapist and do what he/she says. They'll help you rehab, and help you to prevent the tear from happening again. You're going to have to rehab with a PT surgery or not. There are many poor physical therapist, so I'd look around and be discerning when finding one.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I would go to a physical therapist and do some hgh. Working with the stretch bands might work. Alot of baseball pitchers use them.

Rep Points

Get it FIXED!! I had a small tear that became a FULL tear!! Was not good at all. Took a year to heal and be used again. Do not screw around with it. Have it fixed. Speaking from experience!!
    Always Ascend!!!

Rep Points

I had the same thing happen in high school. It was a small tear and surgery was discussed, but we decided to try physical therapy first. It took about 6 months but I made a full recovery. I would not lift, find a good therapist, and follow the therapy to a t. It takes a while but its quicker than going under the knife THEN still having to do therapy.

DRSE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SupaSwole View Post
    Well she said I have a small tear and a frayed labrum . Didn't act like surgery was 100% necessary, but I told her I wanted it anyway. She wanted me to try physical therapy first. I went 6 times and decided I could do what that hut was doin and wouldn't have to pay.
    I wouldnt risk it. I have seen too many guys push through it, only to cause more damage. I would get it fixed and just work cardio get my abs right. thats what the ladies like anyway.
    more importantly is your doctor hot?

Rep Points

I would not screw around with this. I tore my RTC tendon right off the bone sept. 2011. I had the surgery, took 5 mon till I could start very light work but now that shoulder is great ! I am amazed. It was brutal though and extremely painful to come back. Something I picked up from Branch Warren in MD mag and my PT people agreed is to keep working the uninjured side. Sounds crazy I know but it keep me from loosing alot of muscle even in the injured side. They said it had to do with hormones and blood flow. Just use db's or cables and use the uninjured arm. It worked wondewrs !