Thread: Obamacare good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Obamacare good?

Obamacare Finds Its Cost Savings

healthcare reform ultimately boils down to how we pay our doctors? If we want to have the best care available here in the US we are going to have to realize that healthcare is expensive. It is a finite resource. We are going to spend more money for less coverage, and in the long term the quality of care is going to suffer. I hope everyone who voted for the representatives in favor of this realize what they are getting.

If you want the best doctors. you better be willing to pay for the best doctors.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

.45 ACP rules!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Rep Points

If you can't afford to see any doctors having the best available is pretty much pointless.
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Rep Points

Obamacare good?

GAO reported obamacare will add 6.2 trillion to the deficit.

everything Obama said about Obama care was a lie.
    -S-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    GAO reported obamacare will add 6.2 trillion to the deficit.

everything Obama said about Obama care was a lie.

Barry is a Lie

ELITE MEMBER

Volunteer Moderators of the world unite, you have only your chains to loose!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Obamacare is good, if you are one of the 40 million + in America that has no other way to get health care than to show up in an hospital emergency room or do without health care .
    It's bad, if you are someone with private health care insurance that has no objection to uninsured health care costs being shifted to you and increasing your insurance premium and medical bills.

What people don't understand or refuse to acknowledge is that there is a massive redistribution of cost in the health care industry from uninsured to insured related to uninsured health care costs.

Either way, you do now and will pay in the future for uninsured health care costs for people that either are unemployed and do not have private health insurance, or people whose employers will not provide it.
    Like you indirectly currently do for uninsured health care for other people through cost shifting from uninsured to insured that is reflected in hospital cost shifting and higher hospital bills for insured patients, medical provider and insurance company cost shifting to insured patients.
    Or like you will directly through increased taxes to fund Obamacare.

One thing positive about Obamacare is that it will force the freeloaders who could afford health care insurance but chose not to buy it to buy it.
    If uninsured they get in a car accident or need major medical care for an illness and they cannot afford it out of pocket, so the rest of us pay for it.
    I have no pity on those jerks what so ever.
    Last edited by Bowden; 03-03-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    Obamacare is good, if you are one of the 40 million + in America that has no other way to get health care than to show up in an hospital emergency room or do without health care .
    It's bad, if you are someone with private health care insurance that has no objection to uninsured health care costs being shifted to you and increasing your insurance premium and medical bills.

What people don't understand or refuse to acknowledge is that there is a massive redistribution of cost in the health care industry from uninsured to insured related to uninsured health care costs.

Either way, you do now and will pay in the future for uninsured health care costs for people that either are unemployed and do not have private health insurance, or people whose employers will not provide it.
    Like you indirectly currently do for uninsured health care for other people through cost shifting from uninsured to insured that is reflected in hospital cost shifting and higher hospital bills for insured patients, medical provider and insurance company cost shifting to insured patients.
    Or like you will directly through increased taxes to fund Obamacare.

One thing positive about Obamacare is that it will force the freeloaders who could afford health care insurance but chose not to buy it to buy it.
    If uninsured they get in a car accident or need major medical care for an illness and they cannot afford it out of pocket, so the rest of us pay for it.
    I have no pity on those jerks what so ever.
    Why should any one be forced to purchase any thing period. I don't buy into that crap, My dad hasnt had medical insurance for over 20 years and choices not to have it. He has gone to the ER and paid out of pocket for it and just does not believe that it is worth it for him due to him having a pre existing medical condition as a child they sky rocket his insurance plans, but he makes enough money to not qualify for any thing free from the Obama care. My dad probably makes close to 90k a year living in a cheap cost of living area. Why should he be forced period to purchase medical?

when we live in a country were people have the most health issues in the world due to there own personal choice ie diabetes from obesity, smoking, and alcohol, Yeah I have issues paying for other peoples benefits. As a small time business owner i can afford to pay my few employees medical insurance, but if I get forced due to rates going up and have to go to obama care, I will elect to pay the fine. I don't make enough money right now to just pull it out of my ass to hand out to people and wont. So that will be excessive amounts of revenue lost each year. All the almond farmers I know hire legal workers, but I feel that this is going to push ALLOT more small family farms to hire illegal immigrants and run the risk of that. It all most makes more sense for me to just fire all my workers and take on another partner who has his own medical to further expand and do the work.

I think your going to start seeing more small businesses going to more less family operated then hiring out. Medical is going to get so expensive that the middle class will not be able to afford it, and the fact that its ran by the gov't is horrible. The gov't cant even balance a budget and get their veterans paid so what makes you think they will be able to manage millions of people on medical? I have been waiting over a year now for my disability, so i can get my prescriptions covered and my GI bill check is all ways late.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Rep Points

FIVE GUYS FRANCHISE OWNER SAYS ?OBAMACARE? WILL FORCE HIM TO RAISE PRICES

Business owners across America say they?re experiencing poor sales, holding back hiring, and planning layoffs because of ?Obamacare,? or so says the Federal Reserve?s latest Beige Book (an overview of the business conditions in each of its 12 districts).
    But in case you don?t trust the Beige Book?s anecdotal reporting, here?s something else to consider: Five Guys franchise holder Mike Ruffer said on Monday that the cost of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, President Obama?s landmark healthcare bill, will force him to raise the price of burgers and hot dogs, according to the Washington Examiner?s Paul Bedard.
    ?He will need all the profits from at least one of his eight outlets just to cover his estimated added $60,000-a year in new Obamacare costs,? Bedard?s report notes.
    ?Any added costs are going to have to be passed on,? said Ruffer, who operates eight Five Guys in the Raleigh-Durham, N.C. area.
    But wait! There?s more: Ruffer also said that he had to scrap plans to build three additional restaurants because he?s still waiting for after the Obama administration to explain all the rules and penalties involved in the healthcare bill.
    ?I?m kind of in a holding pattern,? said Ruffer, adding that he?s not the only franchise owner to hold back.
    ?Ruffer was the star witness at a Monday Heritage Foundation seminar on the impact Obamacare will have on small businesses,? Bedard notes. ?He is typical of many: Because he has enough full time employees to activate the law, he faces either coughing up the money to provide health insurance or paying a fine of up to $3,000 per worker.?

The report goes on to explain that Ruffner thought he?d be exempt from ?Obamacare? because he built each restaurant as its own company. However, the healthcare law doesn?t recognize this distinction ? so now he?s exploring whether laying off employees or cutting back hours will keep his franchise safe from ?Obamacare.?
    ?He said that ?scorched earth plan,? however, would hurt his restaurants, so Ruffer is likely to either pay the fine or buy insurance,? the Washington Exmainer reports. ?But spreading the costs over his basic menu of fries, drinks, burgers and hot dogs, could scare off customers, he worries. He said that the recent spike in gas prices cut into his profits since fewer people were stopping at his restaurants.?
    ?And the health care law isn?t only going to hit Ruffer. He?s quizzed his workers to ask if they understand that they will be fined if they don?t get health insurance. Just one of 20 workers were aware of the $95 tax penalty that rises to $695 by 2016,? the report adds.
    Five Guys Franchise Owner Says ?Obamacare? Will Force Him to Raise Prices | TheBlaze.com
    -S-

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

It doesn't force him to raise prices, that's a choice.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

yes obamacare is good...it's good for illegals, freeloaders, hoodrats milking the system, lazy people who refuse to work

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Rep Points

Obamacare good?

Quote Originally Posted by irish_2003 View Post
    yes obamacare is good...it's good for illegals, freeloaders, hoodrats milking the system, lazy people who refuse to work
    Fuckin a right. Obamacare gives freeloaders one more reason not to get off their lazy asses and illegals to jump the fence.
    milehighkratom.com

Administrator
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    449 Posts
    Rep Points

wait a second, I thought all Presidents were honest?

[that is sarcasm]

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Rep Points

Obamacare good?

Lmao!!
    milehighkratom.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry View Post
    It doesn't force him to raise prices, that's a choice.

true.. he could just close up shop and go home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Standard Donkey View Post
    true.. he could just close up shop and go home
    Or buy one less vacation home.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.