Destroying Salmon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rep Points

Destroying Salmon!

We all know salmon is an awesome source of EFA's right, well is it possible to destroy those fatty acids by cooking salmon in too high of a temp for too long??? I believe it is! I usually grill or broil mine to crisp the outside but leave the inside just barely done.

TJ

Rep Points

Mmmmm,,, toasted sushi
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

oh man! Grilled Salmon rocks. Marinate it with italian dreesing and baste it with it when you turn it! Also you want some fresh ground pepper (white pepper is the secret!) and it will melt in your mouth!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Um......get rooted!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Personally, I fucking hate Salmon....in any form

Not too struck on other fish either.........

I would assume that prolonged exposure to high temps would cause some damage.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Sounds like a personal problem... Don't sweat it, we'll educate ya, Aussie.

I like to combine the zest of a couple o' three lemons, freshly cracked pepper (black usually) and a touch of good chile powder....sort of a dry rub.....then throw the salmon on the grill. Of course, searing it in a hot pan isn't that bad either. A dollup of sour cream, chives and garlic on top (in the old days) and Boom! Heaven.

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Love it.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Okay, let's broaden the discussion.....Steaks or Fillets?

Rep Points

mmmmmmmmmmmm salmon. you're not a maritimer if you don't like fish! but then most of you probably arn't maritimers. ah well you are all invited to my place for a seafood dinner. *goes to fish off her back dock and to steal lobster from the fishermen next door* ...wuha!

seriously....yummiest source of protien around
    "Look in the mirror, and don't be tempted to equate transient domination with either intrinsic superiority or prospects for extended survival."
    - Stephen Jay Gould

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

DM -- Steaks, no question.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think you have to be careful with the steaks...they cook well, but they seem to be pretty dense...a little goes a long way.....which is good because they're expensive.

Hey TimeaJr! What's your take?

JB'Os THONG
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I prefer rare tuna!
    Climb high, climb far; your goal the sky, your aim, the stars

Rep Points

Originally posted by kuso
    Personally, I fucking hate Salmon....in any form

Not too struck on other fish either.........
    I'm the same way However I do love white fish

But I'd still take a rare steak anyday

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

i would go with steaks but they do seem to be fattier so if that is a big concern then maybe fillets. make sure if you're leaving any seafood rare that it is fresh fresh fresh!
    "Look in the mirror, and don't be tempted to equate transient domination with either intrinsic superiority or prospects for extended survival."
    - Stephen Jay Gould

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Hey TP, would that be red or white wine with Salmon? (Working on a menu here )
    I'm thinking about a spinach salad w/ olive oil and balsamic vinegar....maybe some roasted (grilled) peppers or leeks. I'm just thinking out loud...y'all carry on.

Rep Points

Steaks / fillets what ever's cheaper and fresher when I buying. Halifax huh TimeaJr... Must get some nice salmon up that way

TJ

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by DaMayor
    Hey TP, would that be red or white wine with Salmon? (Working on a menu here )
    I'm thinking about a spinach salad w/ olive oil and balsamic vinegar....maybe some roasted (grilled) peppers or leeks. I'm just thinking out loud...y'all carry on.
    Etiquette says white.

I say fuck etiquette, go with red.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I was thinking of something with average acidity...nice bouquette...like TimeaJr. up there...who, for the record, appears to be white............ so you must be correct.

Rep Points

lol damayor ...cute very cute. that is not me in my avatar though...that is the real timea. however i am white too you are correct... correct about many things.
    - Stephen Jay Gould

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I meet the real Timea at the Arnold Classic.

I must say, she is much more beautiful in real life.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Oh you socialite!

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

That's me.

Even got a picture, her face touching mine. She was thrilled.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Jeeze, no wonder your avatar doesn't show your head......It Wouldn't Fit!

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by TimeaJr
    lol damayor ...cute very cute. that is not me in my avatar though...that is the real timea. however i am white too you are correct... correct about many things.

That's all it was....

I'm sure you are just as beautiful as your avatar, however.

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by DaMayor
    That's all it was....

I'm sure you are just as beautiful as your avatar, however.
    You might want to wipe that brown stuff off your nose.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Ha! *rubs hands together in anticipation* You wish to spar with DaMayor? Brown nose, eh? This Means War!
    Too bad, I get off a 2:00....have a good weekend!

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Afraid to mince words; rather smart. Have a good weekend too.

Rep Points

timea is a hotty and timea jr. is too i bet.

on the efa topic....this is where i know my shit (sorry about the language but i get excited over fats).....i used to work for an efa company......

Your answer is NO.....salmon in its natural form cannot spoil or turn its healthy omega fatty acids into bad trans fatty acids....however when any EFA's in their oil form are heated they will turn into trans.

and you guys wanta hear something that makes me ill.....last monthes oxygen mag. featured Hemp in one of their articles..and a good portion of that article was bullshit and BAD information. The hemp oil that they featured isnt cold pressed (meaning they heat it to obtain the pure oil from the hemp plant) which causes the oil to spoil....hempoil like flax gets rancid after 2 weeks after it has been exposed to the air (opened) and after 6 monthes of being pressed from the plant itself it is rancid....the hemp product they featured has no expiry date on their bottles and so you never know if your getting rancid oil until you open the bottle. Also they had like 5 recipes using hemp as an ingrediant.....they bloody well said that you could deep fry with it.......it made me nauseous to read........i will never believe anything they write until i check it out again... k i am done venting now.

Rep Points

lol you boys are funny and too sweet. twin peak what was timea like? hot goes without saying but was she nice? i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her
    - Stephen Jay Gould

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

She was, I only had time to give her a moment or two though.

Rep Points

Originally posted by J'Bo
    timea is a hotty and timea jr. is too i bet.

on the efa topic....this is where i know my shit (sorry about the language but i get excited over fats).....i used to work for an efa company......

Your answer is NO.....salmon in its natural form cannot spoil or turn its healthy omega fatty acids into bad trans fatty acids....however when any EFA's in their oil form are heated they will turn into trans.
    J'Bo!!!! Another efa af-fish-ianado Thank you for answering my question. That makes me feel better about NOT turning my salmon into an oreo wanabe!!

As far as that article you described, that mag should be ashamed not only for misleading people but employing ignorant writers! Hemp oil is one of the best.

TJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast