25% Off Black Friday Sale

i **NEED** to lose 5 pounds by 5-21

Damn, so many new faces.

Rep Points

i **NEED** to lose 5 pounds by 5-21

Why?
    So i can enlist in the united states army.

Someone help me :\
    I know it's not the healthiest but there'll be time to be healthy later.

If anyone can help me , recommend a plan/diet and a good eca, please do so :]

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

don't eat any carbs

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

yeah, you can lose 5lbs of water super fast by just cutting carbs for a couple days....

I didn't know there was a weight limit for the US army?
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Sara why shouldn't he eat carbs?

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

because he wants to lose 5lbs by 05/21/03 in an unhealthy way

Rep Points

If he needs to do any physical activities and he goes carbless for all that time he's gonna fail from lack of energy and there is not time for his body and brain to switch to ketones for energy.

I would suggest low carb yes but not no carbs. JMHO

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I would sugest cutting carbs for the weigh in so that he makes it and then carbing up after the weigh in......like a boxer or wrestler does to make wieght for a fight.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Originally posted by P-funk
    I would sugest cutting carbs for the weigh in so that he makes it and then carbing up after the weigh in......like a boxer or wrestler does to make wieght for a fight.
    I would agree but first I guess we need to know when his PT testing would be. If its the same day then theres no way but I don't know when they normally do that.

NickB when is your weigh in and your physical testing done?

Damn, so many new faces.

Rep Points

Wednesday is when i go down to MEPS for the physical and all that good stuff.

Rep Points

Do you know what kind of physical training they are going to put you through?

Damn, so many new faces.

Rep Points

No physical training, but, to enlist you need to be a certain weight for your height . Im over by a couple pounds.

It was that fuckin bulking i was doing. I put on 10 pounds, about 5 of muscle , 5 of fat.

God.

Im just going to start running 2-3 miles, low carbs, low cals.

Should i do pushups/situps or no?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'd say:

Friday = No carbs, 30g Protein/meal
    Saturday = No carbs, 30g Protein/meal
    Sunday = Carbs with first three meals, but only 25g/meal (oatmeal, or brown rice preferably)
    Monday= No carbs, 30g Protein/meal
    Tuesday = No carbs, 30g Protein/meal
    Wednesday = No carbs til the weigh in, 30g Protein/meal

Supplement with BCAA's

also skip the running until you weight yourself on monday morning, and see how the weight loss is going. Hopefully this will help you preserve some of that hard earned muscle.

Just my $.02
    "When I use the word intensity I mean the ability to continue past and through the pain barrier where your mind pleads to stop and in fact convinces your body that you have hit failure, but you push through. How far you push through that barrier is the level of intensity with which you train." -- Twin Peak

Rep Points

I would carb deplete as Funky said and then have one hell of a carb up after your weigh in.

Also you need more than 30G of protein and you need fat. How much do you weigh?

Also, I think you should do sessions of Traditional Cardio. Your just looking to drop weight fast so doing some extra TC say 30-45 mins at a time will help deplete your glycogen store and in turn make you drop more water. I do not think you should have any carbs other than your green veggies until your carb up after the weigh on. Once I know your weight and your desired weight to enlist we can come up with something more structured for you.