For my PA peeps - Senate Bill 391 (The expungement bill)

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

For my PA peeps - Senate Bill 391 (The expungement bill)

*this bill would allow many people convicted of minor violent offense to legally purchase firearms. personally I don't feel that a person who might have caught a misdemeanor charge in their 20's should be not allowed to poses a firearm until the age of 65, as the current laws stand.

Pennsylvania is close to enacting a greatly improved expungement law that will help more people. We need your help to get this law passed.

The Pennsylvania State Senate has a proposed law (Senate Bill 391) that will expand the eligibility for expungement to include misdemeanor convictions. If enacted, tens of thousands of deserving people would become eligible for expungement. This would not only give hope and opportunity to former offenders who deserve freedom from their past, but it would also save the taxpayers of Pennsylvania millions of dollars by reducing unemployment, cutting crime, and encouraging plea bargains.

The only thing holding up the bill right now is State Senate Majority Leader Dominic Pileggi. Please call Senator Pileggi's office on this toll free number and simply let him or his staff members know that you want him to allow a vote on Senate Bill 391 (The expungement bill).

"Hi, my name is ______. I am calling to ask Senator Pileggi to allow a vote on Senate Bill 391, the expungement bill. This bill will save Pennsylvania taxpayers millions of dollars by reducing unemployment and crime."

We have created a toll-free number (855-741-2094) that will connect you to the State Senator's office. It only takes about 2 minutes and it really can make a big difference.

Please forward this email to any of your friends and family who want to see people get a chance to put their past behind them and get the most out of their lives.

You know how important expungement is, please take 2 minutes to call right now and help give deserving people a second chance.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Personally, I do not see why if someone does something stupid, pays their dues they should have all their rights stripped away. As long as that person is not a "reformed" violent offender, they should do their time and the be allowed to get on with their lives. Here is Arizona, if your rights were taken away due to a criminal act, as long as no one was hurt, in 10 years you can petition for restoration. If you kept out of trouble, again did not hurt anyone, you will usually get everything re-instated. I never understood how some kid could go out on prom night get a feloney DUI or pinched for pot possession and then never be allowed to vote or own a hunting rifle ever again.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

when you peel away at the layers of the US it's just as fucked up as it is good. it's a nation of extremes but many just don't see it, you have to be able to see the grey areas before the two extremes. many ideologues on both sides miss plenty because of the tunnel vision
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    when you peel away at the layers of the US it's just as fucked up as it is good. it's a nation of extremes but many just don't see it, you have to be able to see the grey areas before the two extremes. many ideologues on both sides miss plenty because of the tunnel vision
    yeah i definitely agree, sometimes I dont even understand what the senators are doing, preventing people who made mistakes from getting jobs. this just makes them more deperate and more likely to cause crimes again.

Rep Points

i found a good site to read about 391 - it gives you a directory of the state senators and a lot of info about the bill Pennsylvania Expungement Law | Support Bill 391

you guys should call your state senators and give them a hard time

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points