• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Single Most Valuable Piece of Training Advice Is...?

xskinnyguy

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If a beginner came to you in the gym, and asked what is the most single valuable piece of training advice you could give, what would it be? Since I have trained since 1972, I can think of a ton of advice but to answer my own question, it would be this: Be patient. Do not give up and believe that as long as your diet is designed to accomplish your goals, and you train regularly, you will see results.

Over the years, I see so many people join a gym and after two to three months, they quit for a variety of reasons. I think the overriding issue is they do not understand how long this takes and how patient you must be. Comments?

Progression. Chase it and track it.

For dudes might be: eat

Well,for most people.The one's that are just beginning.Get a good program and stick to it.You miss a couple days one week,one the next,a couple the week after? That dosnt equal great results.Even 3 month's of hard work really isnt gonna get where you wanna be.Think of in years.Thats discouraging for alot of people.In todays quick fix society,thats not popular.60 days to a new ripped you,and all that bullshit.Its a lifestyle.

For bbing...heavy or light weight let the muscle do the work....feel the contractions in the target muscle group...maxes are ignorant and dangerous

Consistency.

Hit or miss at anything will kill gains.
Be consistent with proper diet, training, sleep, & hydration.
Being consistent is like thinking like an ant. One grain of sand at a time and soon you've built a castle.

Proper training and nutrition. I have seen too many guys over the years ask gear advice, only to have shitty training templates and crap nutrition. I have a kid at my work that wants to get bigger. He tells me he eats a ton and his training is on point. He eats cheezits all day and salads and he doesn't do squats or deads. "17 sets for arms" is what he says. Lol. I told him eat a pot roast everyday and a gallon of whole milk. Lift three times a week and keep you sets low and intesity high. Use starting strength, I said. No dice, he thinks he knows what he is doing and he is too arrogant to listen.

Use good form, and eat right and never give up

IML Gear Cream!
Work an lift with moderate weight until you get the feel for the lift.
I did cable crossovers for years cause I saw other guys do it. Skinny guys with 90 pounds shaking and struggling, leaning at a forty five degree angle using body English to move it. I followed there lead for years. I finally just stopped doing them. I came back around and used really light weight felt the contraction for the first time. Now I can't do them wrong and I could care less what weight I use.

really would you rather bench 500 pounds or look like you could bench 500 pounds?

Train with correct form, and be careful about overtraining. It's a marathon not a sprint.

"Train less"

Overtraining is a bitch and can really mess you up. Beginners rarely ever know anything about it.

just be a smart bodybuilder......every goal can be accomplished only with intelligence and patience

Single and most valuable advice for body building is the use of TestoTurbo.. I found it just here at explicitnutrition.com

Never sacrifice perfect form for poundage

Go heavy, use momentum, never lift with your legs.

Always push your limits. You never know what you can do until you try.. That's the key to success and it will take you far. Always max your reps out and add weight each week you train.

IML Gear Cream!
Got to steal two gems of wisdom from Lee Haney that stuck with me through the years. First...no pain, no gain, you remain the same. Second...one more rep for number one!

Bodybuilding shouldn't be like a marathon - it should be like a sprint. If you don't go full with it, you will not see results.

^^^ be careful guys effort does not equal heavier....proper form should be always maintained to avoid injury.
20 years ago i lifted much heavier and i was much stronger , now i lift lighter weights and concentrate on form and believe me it is much harder than lifting heavy, the results are that i am not as strong now at 52 but i am bigger.

Muscles grow when you are resting. your days off are as important as your days on.

REST!

Learn and track your nutrition everyday. Be intuitive and don't be afraid to step outside the box, stay teachable.
Strongly agree w you HFO3... I see many people in the gym who do the same thing day in and day out.. They probably are the same way with their diet.... Our muscles adapt and exercises need to be switched up every so often...

For bbing...heavy or light weight let the muscle do the work....feel the contractions in the target muscle group...maxes are ignorant and dangerous
true, focusing on contractions and extensions with proper form in a controlled smooth motion. If your goal is to lift heavier and heavier, this progress might make you feel good but it will inevitably lead to injury at some point. you should learn when to stop being obsessed with weight and focus more on growing muscle unless you are a power lifter.

Back