• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Car Thread

IML Gear Cream!
http://guyism.com/weird-news/pov-video-cement-truck-slamming-car.html

You must watch this POV video of a cement truck slamming into a car head-on

This POV video of a cement truck flying through an intersection straight at a car head-on while tipping over at high speed is like something straight out of a nightmare.

Thanks to Texas A&M professor Dr. Guan Zhu, who somehow survived this incident with only minor injuries we now what this would look like. (This is why we all need video cameras in our cars. Like Russia. For the many WTF videos it would produce. Okay, maybe not a good argument.)

http://guyism.com/weird-news/pov-video-cement-truck-slamming-car.html

You must watch this POV video of a cement truck slamming into a car head-on

This POV video of a cement truck flying through an intersection straight at a car head-on while tipping over at high speed is like something straight out of a nightmare.

Thanks to Texas A&M professor Dr. Guan Zhu, who somehow survived this incident with only minor injuries we now what this would look like. (This is why we all need video cameras in our cars. Like Russia. For the many WTF videos it would produce. Okay, maybe not a good argument.)

Everybody in Texas blames the asian driver...

http://laughingsquid.com/hennessey-venom-gt-reaches-world-record-270-mph-at-kennedy-space-center/

Hennessey Venom GT Reaches World Record 270 MPH at the Kennedy Space Center

On February 14, a Hennessey Venom GT reached a top speed of 270.49 MPH on a runway at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, making the 1,244-horsepower supercar the fastest 2-seat sports car in the world. The record attempt was performed on a 3.2-mile space shuttle runway. The car?s pilot, race car driver and test engineer Brian Smith, accelerated for 2.4 miles, using the remainder of the runway to decelerate from 270 MPH to zero.

Hard to believe this one starts life as a very small Lotus. As much shit as Hennessey gets for screwing customers over the years (constant internet bashing), this car is pretty badass. It's not badass to the point where I would own one over a Zonda, MP4-12C, or hell, even a Gallardo... but definitely a hell of an accomplishment for a company based out of Texas!

Still, there's something about a car like an Underground Racing TT Gallardo... man, that sound. I'll take one in orange.

underground-racing-hits-us-with-another-gallardo-tt_2.jpg

My current sponsored/featured ride is a bagged and wide body Lexus LS. All metal work and full accuair digital air management. Full bolt ons and soon to be pro charged. The headers were custom fabricated as no one makes headers for a Lexus LS V8. If you went to SEMA 2013 it was parked right in front of the South Hall doors for Auto Works Fabrication. Ive also owned tons of crazy 500-800whp drift cars, a V8 RWD Civic drag car (pro stock cert 8 second car) etc etc etc... I am a total gear head and about to pick up a new m3 as my next toy.

My LS400's recent feature on Lower-Standards.com by BX | PHOTO, on Flickr

My LS400's recent feature on Lower-Standards by BX | PHOTO, on Flickr

UCF21 Update & Ballers of WFC Meetup by BX | PHOTO, on Flickr

The guy in the black Vette doesn't know how to shift, not that it would help. But the losses wouldn't have been so embarrassing. The supercharger gear whine in the chase Z06 is badass.

IML Gear Cream!
I'd like to know what vehicle this person was driving so I can avoid buying it. It looked like it came apart like a cheap lego knockoff.

BoldSphericalFly.gif

2015 Audi Lighting The Swarm

Jeremy Clarkson Actually Celebrated His Sacking With A Massive Party

http://www.theladbible.com/articles...y-celebrated-his-sacking-with-a-massive-party

We've always thought that people off the telly live a considerably different life to us 'normies' and it's probably proved as they don't even act the same way as us when they lose their job.

While someone with a regular career would probably cry into the stiffest drink they could afford on the last wage packet, someone like Jeremy Clarkson doesn't do that at all.

After the BBC said that they would not renew his contract, essentially canning him from his regular Top Gear job, he actually had a party celebrating. No doubt it was bitter sweet but it was no funeral.

His friend, millionaire Jemima Goldsmith actually hosted the event on his behalf and in attendance were his girlfriend Phillipa Sage, Angus Deayton, Boris Johnson?s journalist sister Rachel Johnson and TV chef Heston Blumenthal.

James May no doubt provided the music...

350 km/h (218 mph) 918 chasing Koenigsegg Agera R on German Autobahn Porsche vs Koenigsegg

Netflix Could Land Clarkson, Hammond & May, Call New Show 'House Of Cars': Video

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...y-call-new-show-house-of-cars-video?fbfanpage

Last week, we speculated Jeremy Clarkson would land at Netflix?and now we have new info suggesting that's exactly what's going to happen.

The Mirror is reporting that he and co conspirators Richard Hammond and James May?along with former Top Gear producer Andy Wilman?are close to a deal with the streaming service to host their next endeavor. The name is said to be House of Cars, a play on the company's smash hit House of Cards.

Obviously, landing the trio would be a huge win for Netflix.

And while there's no indication of what would be different about the new show, since Netflix isn't bound by broadcast standard, viewers might get to hear their frequent profanity in all its glorious detail, as opposed to the bleeps which punctuated their exchanges on the BBC.

Another potential upshot for fans if the deal goes through? If Netflix follows the formula it has with its other series?and there's no reason to expect it won't?the entire season will be available at once. Who wouldn't want to spend an entire weekend binge watching the three musketeers play with the planet's most desirable vehicles?

For now, Clarkson, Hammond, and May are busying themselves preparing to host their upcoming series of live dates, creatively titled Clarkson, Hammond and May Live!

With the BBC set to begin a new era of Top Gear with a fresh cast, and the knowledge that the old crew isn't quite done yet, it's a good time to be a fan of automotive enthusiast programming. Stay tuned for more info.

Where i live i have 2 mates all pulling 9 seconds and under over the quarter mile in street cars, best time in my town is 7.73, turbo windsor ford capri, street registered, another mate has a HG Holden, big block chevy running 8.66 through a 275 drag radial, plenty of 9 second street cars as well. Not bad for street reg cars that see cruise time.

They are are not your mates Azza. They "put" up with you....ya fucktard.

You tube Stu Henry capri, You tube HG498 or Scott Cortina, its a met grey sedan with Gold weld magnums, Stu?s Capri has gone in the sevens over the quarter at over 170MPH, my old wagon had 325/50/15 MT drag radials, we had tubbed the rear and relocated the chassis rails for the big feet, they are to big for most cars here thats why they have a drag radial class for any size radial and a 275 radial as the smaller tyres means no mini tubbing for most cars so leaf spring or factory suspension is still in. Stu Capri has a 420 cube single turbo windsor. My other mate has a twin turbo lexus V8 Capri running low eights through 275 radials, street geared and powerglide, punch in Joe Geri Capri, black with green stripe, he has a vid driving 30 minutes from the track home to Sydney, its a 240 cube motor. Very reliable, and driveable.

As as I said they aren't your mates. You share the same postcode only. Fucktard.

Its not that much work, my front end is already rebuilt, i have 90/10 shocks, the rear end will be a Strange centred 35 spline 9?. I have a rollerised C4 sitting in the garage, has all the fruit, i have windsor and clevo stuff on hand. Just need to sort out the combo, prolly start with a new Dart block. I have AFR 225 heads on hand, my clevo stuff is mainly bottom end, if i go Dart block and can but either a 4.00 bore or 4,0125 from memory so a big cube small block is possible. It will happen, just need time, and money.

Your full of shit Azza Schubert

Japan now has more charging sites than gas stations

http://www.techinsider.io/japan-now...tm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-ti

The all-electric automotive future is fast approaching, and Japan is leading the way.

The Japan Times reports that the country now has more electric vehicle charging stations than gas stations. This fact comes from Nissan, which said that there are now 40,000 fast-charging stations around the island nation. This outpaces the country?s 34,000 gas stations by a good margin. It should be noted that this figure includes charging stations both on the streets and in homes.

This is great news for Nissan, as the increased availability promises to make its all-electric Leaf even more attractive to Japanese buyers. The Leaf can travel 107 miles on a single charge, and with so many charge points, range anxiety should diminish.

Granted, this number is greatly skewed by including charging stations inside private garages. But that may soon change as well. PlugShare is a website that maps out charging stations across the world, including private ones available for public use. Think of it as Airbnb for car charging. If this concept takes off, then car charging will gain the benefits of the sharing economy.

As for actual charging stations, there are a 6,469 CHAdeMO DC quick chargers in Japan. That number may look small, but compared to Europe?s 3,028 or the 1,686 in the U.S., Japan still far outpaces the rest of the world. If things continue to go this way, then Japan will be on track to have 2 million charging stations by 2020, with 50 percent of new car sales being green.

Japan has been aggressive with tax breaks and subsidies for buyers willing to make a more environmentally conscious purchase. Even Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe boasted that as much as 3 million yen ($27,937) could be offered as subsidies to buyers. With incentives this generous, it?s easy to see why Japan has done so well in the EV space.

With Tesla aggressively pushing its all-electric vehicles in the U.S., incentives could also expand for American buyers.

I'm confused......

J.D. ?Dave? Power, Who Made Quality Count in the Car Industry, Has Died

J.D. Power and his wife, Julie, established J.D. Power and Associates in 1968, funding it with a second mortgage on the house.

The ?Associates? in the company name were Julie and the kids, who helped send out and tabulate surveys.

Power sold the company to McGraw Hill in 2005. He continued working in a supporting role until 2009.

It might be a vast oversimplification to say that before J.D. Power and Associates came along there was absolutely no incentive for carmakers to make quality cars, but you could say it anyway. Anyone who remembers the quality products foisted on an unwitting public in the ?60s, ?70s, and ?80s remembers.

It was J.D. Power and Associates that took it upon themselves to introduce quality to the auto industry or, in many cases, force it on them. And once they did, everyone benefitted.

?There was no interest in finding out what customers really thought,? Power once said of the pre-JDP era. ?Instead, we were constantly asked to ?torture the data until it confessed,? giving up the answers that the executives wanted to hear.?

It was that ?closed-minded thinking,? as Power once said, along with the cold Midwest winters, that got Power and his family to move west in 1965. He had been a financial analyst for Ford, then represented General Motors as a marketing research consultant for Marplan and then headed up marketing at Case tractors before heading west. Once out in sunny California, he did some consulting, took a position at McCulloch chainsaws, then got the itch to break out on his own after he heard that three of his fellow Wharton MBA grads had already started their own companies.

So, three years after Power, his wife and co-founder Julie, and their three kids (soon to be four) moved to Calabasas, Calif., they started J.D. Power and Associates on the family?s kitchen table, funding it with a second mortgage on the house. The ?Associates? in the company name were Julie and the kids. Julie tabulated survey returns while the kids took turns stuffing envelopes with more customer surveys and scotch-taping a quarter onto each one as an incentive to fill them out and return them.

From those humble beginnings, J.D. Power and Associates would change the auto industry forever.

But it took some hard work first.

Toyota was one of his first clients. Remember that in 1968 Toyota was far from the industry juggernaut it is today. It needed an ace in the hole, and that ace would turn out to be quality, eventually. In June of 1968, Power offered Toyota his ?California Import Car Buyers? study, which included comparisons with domestic brands, too. Toyota signed a contract for $8,000 and became a regular client from then on.

The Big 3 domestic manufacturers in Detroit proved a little harder sell, since Detroit, at that time anyway, didn?t want to be told it could use any quality improvement at all.

Although his research methodology now is almost universally embraced, for years Detroit automakers disparaged his findings, privately grumbling the data favored Japanese brands, likely because they were his first predominant clients and typically finished high in the standings.

The trade magazine Ward?s Auto said in a 2012 article on J.D. Power, ?When told that General Motors? nameplates finished as bottom feeders in a JDP survey during the 1980s, the late mild-mannered Jim McDonald, then GM president, snapped: ?To hell with J.D. Power!??

?To criticism that he has ever been biased, Power simply says, ?That?s a bunch of baloney.? He argues that the U.S automakers came out of their World War II manufacturing triumph a tad cocky. ?The stronger they got after the war, the more they fought change,? he says. ?They were hidebound. They were not aware of what was going on around them and they lost sight of the consumer.?

Now, J.D. Power is considered a necessary and highly objective source of consumer thought on cars.

Ward?s quoted John Casesa, a longtime auto analyst, ?Detroit was in denial, but (Power?s) surveys measured the real truth in the marketplace. He produced products with integrity. He?s had a profound impact on manufacturers and consumers.?

Today there are over 1,000 licensed J.D. Power awards, cited in everything from Super Bowl commercials to stickers on dashboards. Julie passed away in 2002, and Power sold the company he founded to McGraw Hill in 2005. He continued working in a supporting role until 2009.

Throughout his career, Power maintained a grace and warmth not often found in high-power industry leaders. A friend who worked at J.D. Power for 10 years remembered his very first day on the job at J.D. Power and Associates.

?Dave (everyone called him that, which is what he preferred) took the time to come by my office, introduce himself and learn about me,? recalled JDP communications man Jeff Perlman. ?A fellow New Englander, we connected immediately, with talk about his beloved Red Sox and, of course, his views of the auto industry.

?That day?my first?a legend took the time to introduce himself to his newest employee. Dave Power ?connected? with everyone immediately. Beyond his brilliance, savvy, and seemingly endless accomplishments was the humble core of a boy from Worcester who built an empire, but never lost track of where he came from.?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...ount-in-the-car-industry-has-died/ar-BB1d4IQ2

Lamborghini's New Countach LPI 800-4 Is Faithful to Its Famous Name

Earlier this week, Lamborghini confirmed it was planning to bring back the famous Countach name. Now, after only the smallest of gaps between tease and please, we are seeing the reality. The Countach LPI 800-4 has just been revealed at The Quail Motorsport Gathering in California—a new version of a car the company last built 31 years ago.

The new Countach isn’t a restomod or a "continuation" version of the original, and underneath sits a substantial amount of the existing Aventador. Yet, as these first images make clear, it pays very obvious homage to the design of the original Countach, which made its debut in prototype form at the 1971 Geneva auto show. The ambition, as Lamborghini puts it, is "to imagine how the iconic Countach of the '70s and '80s might have evolved into an elite super sports model of this decade."

The original Countach was a pioneer. The use of a north-south V-12 engine behind its passenger compartment created the archetype for the modern supercar; the earlier Miura’s mid-mounted engine was fitted transversely. But while shocking when launched, with its name a mild expletive in the Piedmontese dialect, the first Countach lived until 1990, and the purity of Marcello Gandini's design became diluted with the arrival of bigger wings, spoilers, and plastic bodywork extensions over time.

lamborghini-countach-lpi-800-4-111-1628616858.jpg

For the new car, Lamborghini design director Mitja Bokert has chosen to channel the spirit of the earlier versions of the original Countach, but has also integrated some references to later models. The LPI800-4's basic form incorporates the wedge-shaped frontal profile of the first LP400 production Countach, as well as the similarly clean taper from the passenger compartment to the rear end. It also lacks any fixed wing or visible aerodynamics (an active element sits hidden above the rear lights).

There are some obvious and necessary differences, too. The new Countach's need for cooling air has seen it given sizable intakes integrated into the doors; the original had small NACA-style ducts. Yet the upper air intakes at the rear are actually smaller than the LP400's high-mounted scoops. All body panels are made from carbon fiber.

Other elements of the 21st-century Countach have taken inspiration from the later Quattrovalvole version of the original, including the angular frontal design and trapezoidal hood and hexagonal wheel arches. Modern impact standards deprive the new car of pop-up headlights, sadly—but compact LED lighting units are similar in size to the first Countach's glass-covered daytime lights and turn signals. Scissor-opening doors are, of course, present; every Lamborghini supercar since the first Countach has featured them.

The new Countach's interior is less retro, being obviously based closely on that of the Aventador. Both cars use the same carbon-fiber tub. Digital instruments and an 8.0-inch portrait central touchscreen are standard, although the latter incorporates a new function: selecting the Stile (or design) function will run an animation that explains the history of the Countach's styling.

The rear of the new Countach shares the original's inverted wedge shape and four exhaust tailpipes, together with hexagonal triple-element light clusters at each side, plus a louvered engine cover. The alloy wheels, 20-inch at the front and 21-inch at the rear, have been designed to offer a modern take on the "telephone dial" alloys popular in the '80s. The view through these to vast carbon-ceramic brake discs front and rear is necessarily different from the original car's much smaller rotors.

The new Countach concept at Pebble has been finished in pearlescent Bianco Siderale white. The color is similar to the one Ferruccio Lamborghini specified for his own Countach LP400 S, paired with a similarly period-appropriate red and black interior. New Countach buyers will be able to choose from a range of similarly retro exterior hues, including '70s-style solid green and yellow shades. (A full range of modern colors will also be offered for less daring buyers.)

Most of the new Countach's mechanical package is shared with the even-more limited Sián, which we experienced earlier this year. This combines a 769-hp version of Lamborghini's long-serving 6.5-liter naturally aspirated V-12 with additional assistance from a 33-hp electrical motor, this drawing power from a supercapacitor which supports high energy flow rates but which is only able to store charge for brief periods. The motor and capacitor add just 75 pounds to the powertrain's mass, but the system doesn't have enough juice for pure electric operation. Lamborghini claims a total system output of 802 horsepower, fractionally less than the 808-hp figure claimed for the Sián. But on Lamborghini's numbers the Countach's 3516-pound dry weight is 110 pounds less than the Sián, and the new car's combination of a claimed 2.8-second zero-to-62-mph time, 8.6-second zero-to-124-mph time and 221-mph top speed are well outside the frame of reference for any original Countach.

As with the Aventador, the Countach uses both an automated single-clutch gearbox and all-wheel drive, with torque sent to the front axle through an electronically controlled central coupling. It also gets pushrod suspension all around and rear-wheel steering. A front lift system will also be standard. Although the relationship between both is clear, this Countach is also a much larger car than the original. The new car is 29 inches longer, 14.9 inches wider, and 2.8 inches higher—and it sits on a 106.3-inch wheelbase, identical to that of the Aventador, which is 10 inches bigger.

Just 112 of the new Countach will be built, a number chosen to correspond to the LP112 project name of the original car. Lamborghini hasn't released any pricing, but as it says the entire allocation has been sold before the car's official launch, it has clearly judged demand for this new version of its most iconic model perfectly.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...7Bjay6SafSFRQ3C4WgO7I5UJUATVcRZLYqg1UJ9Ba7KUs

Back