• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Scrambled eggs

racoon02

Tiny Tom
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok Im getting a little tired of Boiled eggs. If I Scramble them will that take some of the nutritional value out of the eggs?:confused:

No I eat scrambled all the time and fried and poached. I eat them any way I can.

:scratch: Why would you think that?

:funny:

I have no idea :shrug: Thanks for the info though

Originally posted by Prince
Cooking any protein degrades it, but there is no real difference between boiling, frying and scrambling eggs.

You mean "denatures", right?

Unless we're talking about incinerating the food.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
You mean "denatures", right?

Unless we're talking about incinerating the food.

degrade and denature are rather synonymous don't ya think?

you speak English, right? :p

Denature is the correct term to use.

It means change the structure of the protein.

Degrading is associated with spoil, ruin and damage.

I'm just being politically (and scientifically) correct.

IML Gear Cream!
Same difference.

I don't eat eggs often but when I do I use Egg Beaters.

There is a guy I know who is around 50 years old and he trains five days a week, he lives off of Turkey, chicken, pasta, tuna and eggs, because he can't afford shakes

Well the 50 year old man knows his business. He picked the best foods.

Anyone know if microwaving the egg reduces the protein more than normal? My sugars went sky high after eating a microwaved scrambled egg on a half slice of toast with a slice of turkey. (141)

Maybe the toast, but do you normally eat toast? I remember a French scientist about 15 years ago saying that microwaves modified the foods molecular makeup and could cause cancer. It was "debunked" by everyone but now I hear that this is possible, especially if you use certain plastics (which is however unrelated).

Half a slice of toast sure isn't much though, hmm. If that is plain old turkey not honey baked, then it couldn't be that I'd think.

When the egg cooks, and the white loses its trasnparency is when the proteins are unraveling, but there should be no real sugar involved that I'm aware of.

half a slice of toast is 7g's carbs.
Turkey was plain nasty turkey (I hate it) 1 gram carb
And the egg was whipped and microwaved so it was a tasteless yellow mass. I put a small amount of garlic salt on it to prevent nightmares of the taste tonight :)

That was my entire breakfast. The spike really poked my temper this morning.

I normally eat a whole slice of toast but this week my sugars have been high so I only ate half today and the number is the highest it's been all week.

Well thats a strange one. I have used garlic salt also, but I'm watching the sodium. Pepper works great on nearly everything :)

Back