• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Corporate Profits at All-Time High Wages at All-Time Low Can We Call it Class War Yet

IML Gear Cream!
Corporate Profits at All-Time High Wages at All-Time Low Can We Call it Class W

Yep. My last company just got rid of all the most experienced people, kept the ass kissing low paid dipshits and all the execs got raises, big raises. Honestly, all these public companies can go fuck themselves; they are all just pawns on the globalist chess board.

why don't you start your own company so you don't have to deal with that kind of shit? then you can pay your employees huge wages like you want.

the majority of those profits from US large firms is still being earned in the US. an antiquated US corporate tax code allows capital to be shifted easily overseas to low tax districts strictly for tax avoidance.

More U.S. Profits Stay Abroad, Saving on Taxes - WSJ.com

Top U.S. Firms Are Cash-Rich Abroad, Cash-Poor at Home - WSJ.com

it says nothing about profits being shifted from the US to overseas. it says profits "stay" abroad. key word here is, stay.

so the reason is taxes?

The reason is the tax code. It lets corporations get away with hiding money to pay less taxes. You should be smart enough to know this already.

The reason is the tax code. It lets corporations get away with hiding money to pay less taxes. You should be smart enough to know this already.

correct, but I'm asking why they don't bring the profits back to the US? ummm could it be because they'll get taxed too much on it? Your mentor, teacher, master, the person you bow down to, LAM, disagrees with you. he suggests taxes have no effect on why they don't bring profits to the US.

correct, but I'm asking why they don't bring the profits back to the US? ummm could it be because they'll get taxed too much on it? Your mentor, teacher, master, the person you bow down to, LAM, disagrees with you. he suggests taxes have no effect on why they don't bring profits to the US.

So why don't they bring profits back to the US? You hint that you have the answers but have yet to produce.

So why don't they bring profits back to the US? You hint that you have the answers but have yet to produce.

finally you disagree with LAM and get a mind of your own and agree the main reason is taxes. congrats! how does it feel to think for yourself for once instead of hanging on LAMs nuts?

finally you disagree with LAM and get a mind of your own and agree the main reason is taxes. congrats! how does it feel to think for yourself for once instead of hanging on LAMs nuts?

Taxes are only a part of the problem. A small part.

I'd never looked into where US companies made their money. I checked on IBM. "$100 billion in revenue, 64 percent from overseas." Boeing, "$64 billion in revenue, 41 percent from overseas." Dow Chemical, "$54 billion in revenue, 67 percent from overseas." Intel, "$44 billion in revenue, 85 percent from overseas." Amazon, "$34 billion in revenue, 45 percent from overseas." McDonald's, "$24 billion in revenue, 66 percent from overseas." Nike, "$21 billion in revenue, 50 percent from overseas."

Interesting...

and get a mind of your own

and you should take your own advice, maybe read an economic paper or brief or 2 and stop being the parrot for right wing political economic talking points. which are never supported by historical, empirical data or any respectable economists in the US or world.

IML Gear Cream!

once again your utter ignorance of US economic history shines through. what happened when US large firms were given a tax holiday in 2004?

they rewarded US workers with pink slips and used those money's for stock buybacks the exact thing the promised not to do.

Report: Repatriation Tax Holiday a 'Failed' Policy - WSJ.com

Tax Holiday for Overseas Corporate Profits Would Increase Deficits, Fail to Boost the Economy, and Ultimately Shift More Investment and Jobs Overseas — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

US large firms hoarding cash overseas and not being able to bring those overseas profits back into the US didn't cause the economic environment we have today so it is not the cause...wow look at that basic critical thinking skills work when applied to economics

Taxes are only a part of the problem. A small part.

oh so now its a small part? then why did you tell me to read the tax code if thats just a small part? now you're changing your tune to satisfy LAM. lol. pathetic.

so what are all the reasons they keep profits overseas?

and you should take your own advice, maybe read an economic paper or brief or 2 and stop being the parrot for right wing political economic talking points. which are never supported by historical, empirical data or any respectable economists in the US or world.

lol this coming from someone who voted for Obama, twice! lmao!!

lol this coming from someone who voted for Obama, twice! lmao!!

yes stupid me I voted against deficit increasing supply-side recession causing voodoo economics. I voted against the economic policy's that have put the US into a death spiral. I voted against winner-take all economic policy, , how misinformed I am for having paid attention to US economic history.

I just don't understand people, unless you're a multi-millionaire Republicans will NEVER help your economic situation.

the GOP has mastered the art of misinformation when it comes to economic policy. but that comes back to conservative ideology being the "default" ideology because it requires not much thought when making quick decisions and only looking at few details or pieces of information. a lot of conservative economic ideas/policy "sound" good but when analyzed they have the exact opposite effects at the macro level.

Yep. My last company just got rid of all the most experienced people, kept the ass kissing low paid dipshits and all the execs got raises, big raises. Honestly, all these public companies can go fuck themselves; they are all just pawns on the globalist chess board.

Wait a minute.
You actually expect any executive or corporation to act any way except in their/ it's own best self interests?
The days of any type of paternalist corporate relationship towards an employee are long dead and gone.
Now every employee is considered a corporate tool of production object only, looked at by upper level executives as only a cost ratio number on a fall planning resource spreadsheet.
One to be manipulated and utilized based on their meeting productivity output numbers based on wall street eps forecasts and their personal quarterly/yearly bonus targets.

Now it's everyone for themselves and survival of the fittest.

yes stupid me I voted against deficit increasing supply-side recession causing voodoo economics. I voted against the economic policy's that have put the US into a death spiral. I voted against winner-take all economic policy, , how misinformed I am for having paid attention to US economic history.

Obama is nothing but Bush x 2.

are you forgetting Obama signed off on the bush tax cuts? my god you're dumb.

against deficit Increasing? lol. Obama took office our debt was 10 trillion its now close to 17 trillion. he hasn't vetoed a single spending bill. he thinks our debt is not a problem. he's just as out of touch with reality as you. so I can see why you relate to him.

you think Obama is actually gonna change anything? lmao.

even prince knows he can't change anything or else he'd vote, like he constantly says.

now your true colors are coming out. about fucking time. you align yourself with the democRATS as you're just another sheep in the herd. move along......

Wait a minute.
You actually expect any executive or corporation to act any way except in their/ it's own best self interests?
The days of any type of paternalist corporate relationship towards an employee are long dead and gone.
Now every employee is considered a corporate tool of production object only, looked at by upper level executives as only a cost ratio number on a fall planning resource spreadsheet.
One to be manipulated and utilized based on their meeting productivity output numbers based on wall street eps forecasts and their personal quarterly/yearly bonus targets.

Now it's everyone for themselves and survival of the fittest.

I totally agree. that's why you can't rely on anyone but yourself. self employment is the way to go.

IML Gear Cream!
I totally agree. that's why you can't rely on anyone but yourself. self employment is the way to go.

People that don't understand that self reliance is the first law of survival become victims that rant against the man.
They always seem to have their hand out looking for a handout.
For some reason they seem to think that life should always be fair.
They make me wonder as to what planet they live on.

against deficit Increasing? lol. Obama took office our debt was 10 trillion its now close to 17 trillion. he hasn't vetoed a single spending bill. he thinks our debt is not a problem. he's just as out of touch with reality as you. so I can see why you relate to him.

even prince knows he can't change anything or else he'd vote, like he constantly says.

now your true colors are coming out. about fucking time. you align yourself with the democRATS as you're just another sheep in the herd. move along......

once again your overly simplistic analysis of information shines when all of the data clearly shows the increase in the deficit was not from legislation but from the effects of the economic downturn as is clearly shown in a number of reports I have posted time and time again.

I know I didn't say nor have ever stated that Obama was going to change anything for the better. But what I have always stated is that the Dems would not make the economy worst with more unsustainable growth caused by financial deregulation or further deregulation of the markets. because it's not like we don't have 30 years of data showing the effects of that.

history clearly shows the the economic policy of the GOP has been nothing except disastrous for the working class in the US. so yes I will continue to vote for economic policy that is the least detrimental. the economic policy that is more in line with the leading economists inside and outside the US and with historical data.

shame on me

LAM openly admits that nothing can be done. I don't know why you guys bother arguing with someone who believes even their own policies won't work. Let's say he's right and nothing can be done, then they're is still no point in arguing.

self employment is not an option for everyone and if you ever bothered to read any of the reports on small business from the SBA you would know that only a small percentage of US small business actually turn a profit. so for many going from even stagnant wages at a large firm to less income from self-employment does not better their economic outlook.

the #1 reason why the US economy has recovered so slowly from the 2008 economic downturn is a lack of demand for goods and services. so the current economy would be one of the worst times for most to actually start a small business.

LAM openly admits that nothing can be done. I don't know why you guys bother arguing with someone who believes even their own policies won't work. Let's say he's right and nothing can be done, then they're is still no point in arguing.

no what I stated is that what needs to be done will not be done. do you see US large firms "voluntarily" increasing wages when they don't have to? when they can squeeze more productivity out of fewer workers keeping the flow of profits flowing upwards. when the record low labor union density rate in the US has enabled wages to be forced downward. US economic history clearly shows that US large firms do not voluntary do the "right thing" when it comes to the health of the real economy. the last person to do the right thing during a bad economy was Henry Ford when he "voluntarily" increased the wages of his workers. but the US of 2013 is vastly different from that of 1915.

there are solutions that can be written out on paper and talked about and those that can actually be carried out in the reality that we live in, that's the difference. that is why the US economy is in a death spiral because what needs to be done will not be done not by the left and certainly not by the right. as I have stated time and time again it's a slow walk off a cliff with the left and a sprint with the economic policies of the right.

but it's fun arguing with LAM. :). it's funny how he votes for politicians who support policies that LAM thinks wont work. I'm sure it all makes perfect sense in his twisted mind.

but it's fun arguing with LAM. :). it's funny how he votes for politicians who support policies that LAM thinks wont work. I'm sure it all makes perfect sense in his twisted mind.

yes my twisted mind that is the result of thousands & thousands of hours of research from papers and briefs written by leading economists inside and outside the US and your is based on the rhetoric of political economics from right wing politicians which are never supported by empirical data.

name just one economic policy of the right which has had a positive effect on "sustainable" economic growth than can be supported with empirical or historical data.

dude, do realize how fucking stupid LAM makes you look in all of these political threads? lol

maybe if you actually presented a valid argument with facts behind it.

Back