• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

anyone in sales in here?

SheriV

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
have any good addictive habits you can suggest?

I'm gonna give myself an ulcer

I've had a whacked out day. I'm in sales...high stakes- big numbers
all I can do is sit and wait to see if the corporate board approves it

what do you do to kick back to keep from going insane

Someone's trying to not smoke...
i enjoy some Peruvian marching powder. Surely going to assist in the anxiety and non smoking.

it would totally help with the anxiety...er weight loss....errr....something

I'm not in sales, but I work with a bunch of them. They are all gamblers. Serious gamblers- maybe gambling triggers the same little switch in a personality that is naturally sales-y. Are you perchance, a degenerate gambler?

no, which is probably why I freak out a little over some sales....
I don't lose anything if the sale drops aside from pride and a paycheck, a big one

I do bet on the weirdest shit tho now that you mention it

I'm not in sales, but I work with a bunch of them. They are all gamblers. Serious gamblers- maybe gambling triggers the same little switch in a personality that is naturally sales-y. Are you perchance, a degenerate gambler?

it's all the same release of those "feel good" endorphins from gambling, sex, buying stuff, hard drugs, etc.

IML Gear Cream!
My wife was the office manager at a car dealership for a while. We live in a small to medium sized community 80-100 thou. people. It amazed me how many of the salesmen went in circles from one dealer to another, Ford, to toyota to chevy to honda, etc every couple of years. Also almost all of them had some type of substance abuse problem. Its stressful trying to pimp your particular widget over someone elses especially when its commission based. Its win or go home empty handed. Sort of a digression here but the thread remined me of it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I was In sales before I went into business for myself. I am really odd though I can pitch something, give a proposal then sit back work on the next one and if it doesn't go through 99% of the time I didn't care at all. My mentality is the do the right thing and the money will follow. I was top 2-3 worldwide my entire career for an international company that sold wood working tools. Nobody could believe the amount of equipment I would move. At our big shows most guys would sell 20-80k depending on how good they were I averaged 250k...

I was In sales before I went into business for myself. I am really odd though I can pitch something, give a proposal then sit back work on the next one and if it doesn't go through 99% of the time I didn't care at all. My mentality is the do the right thing and the money will follow. I was top 2-3 worldwide my entire career for an international company that sold wood working tools. Nobody could believe the amount of equipment I would move. At our big shows most guys would sell 20-80k depending on how good they were I averaged 250k...

you kind of brought me back to something fundamental with this post

BUT...I'm still stressing about this one deal that I really want to go through (big $$$$$) but should be working on other stuff in case it doesn't

so I shall

Xanax. Reduces the anxiety and stress like nobody's business. The best part is you only take one when you need it, not every day.

I need to get my hands on some xanax

As long as I have done all I can do I am cool . So if I have several irons in the fire im not gonna stress over the ones ive worked and done all i can and the ball is in their court, once they hit that point they are temporarily "done"and it frees me up to bring more irons into the fire...

have any good addictive habits you can suggest?

I'm gonna give myself an ulcer

Try meditation. It's, in practice, simple, and it's free. It'll take you out of the moment, thereby reducing the stress incurred from your job. It also doesn't take a lot of time. Well, until you really, really start to get into it, then it can take up to an hour.

I wonder if I can meditate, on xanax while LHRO

IML Gear Cream!
A cup of bourbon and a cigar :-D
If its at end of day I love me some "hippie herbs". but only after lifting... I need to be pissed off to lift, but I am always pissed off so that is not an issue ha!

Meditation is always a good safe bet, but I personally medicate with the green. All stress and stress related headaches just seem to melt away and you won't need that xanax!

LHRO took me a few moments. I like your style. but no you cant meditate on Xanax... what you describe is called sleeping with your hand on your vertical smile

sleep would be good too...I didn't sleep last night

I've had a whacked out day. I'm in sales...high stakes- big numbers
all I can do is sit and wait to see if the corporate board approves it

what do you do to kick back to keep from going insane

Go to a lake bring a lawn chair and just people watch and relax.

I may actually do some steady state cardio this evening and gym/people watch...that always amuses me

BUT...I'm still stressing about this one deal that I really want to go through (big $$$$$) but should be working on other stuff in case it doesn't

so I shall

Yep. You can't hit a home run every time. So many sales reps rely on that "one big deal" when the reality is you live off all those little deals. When that one big deal closes it's the icing on the cake, and just extra cash that you can save or invest. Shouldn't be relied upon to pay the bills or you'll never close it and you'll wash out.

I'm a technical sales consultant in a very new field, with 11 years of experience. There are only a handful of people across the country who have been doing solar for more than 15 years, many are retiring already. I love it because I get to solve problems for people and there are few who can bring solutions to the table as fast as I can without doing a shitload of research first to get it done right. Of course we've had a lot of guys jumping on the bandwagon lately, and they do only the easiest systems possible, if it's more complicated they come to me.

I'm not in sales any longer but I have been where you are, I have waited 90+ days on state and local government PO's. If it were me, I would enjoy an awesome meal and bottle of vino with my beautiful wife at a favorite restaurant. I wouldn't fret over it, I bet you closed the deal:)

I'm not in sales any longer but I have been where you are, I have waited 90+ days on state and local government PO's. If it were me, I would enjoy an awesome meal and bottle of vino with my beautiful wife at a favorite restaurant. I wouldn't fret over it, I bet you closed the deal:)

Your a positive ray of sun shine!

Back