Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Man of Steel

Just saw the premier tonight. All I can say is Epic...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Nothing happens until something moves.
    Albert Einstein

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

I liked it. I was entertained the entire time. No need to wait after the credits: there is nothing.

Quick interview at the screening on Henry Cavill's home island:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

It was a sick movie!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points

the fight scenes were bland, the character development was poor. It was cool to see krypton, but there were so many holes in the story as to be disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Compared to previous superman attempts I will have to disagree.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Nothing happens until something moves.
    Albert Einstein

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points

better than the superman of 2006, but not near as good as superman 1 and 2 with christopher reves. cool CGI doesn't make up for the story they gave us.

Fight scenes= 15 min of the exact same stuff. How many buildings do we need to see them fly through? every single fight was 3 hits then someone was thrown 300 yards. cool the first time. eh, after that. there was no wow factor at all in the fight scenes.

also basic fundamental changes to the character development of both jor-el, and jonathan kent which led to poor character development, and holes in the story.
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

.45 ACP rules!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

Saw it this morning. Fantastic movie! Henry Cavill is the best Superman, thus far.
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I think some of the flying was faked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm not overly excited to see another movie about the origins of Superman.

In the colonies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

what a great movie,special effects were awesome.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Saw it this morning. Fantastic movie! Henry Cavill is the best Superman, thus far.

yeah I thought he was dreamy

but thought character development sucked...I think if you hadn't watched every single other superman movie ever made you would have been screwed...
    it was almost like it was more of a comparison to other movies than standing on its own legs

IronMag Labs Discount Code for 15% off "Sheriv15"

Use "Sheriv15" a coupon code for 15% off at IronMag Research

Coupon code "Sheriv15" for 15% off at MileHigh kratom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

Spoilerish

David Goyer Tells Me About His Man Of Steel Sequel Plans And Problems - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

We believe that Warner Bros.? plan right now is to get a sequel to Man of Steel underway and only after that move screenwriter David Goyer, and very likely director Zack Snyder, onto Justice League. Unless Man of Steel somehow ends up being a flop ? and so far, that?s very much not happening ? I would expect them to stick with this scheme.

And it?s not a brand new plan. Back when David Goyer first started work on the Man of Steel screenplay, the studio told him to leave their options open and make sure the film could, if everything worked out at the box office, form the beginnings of DC Comics Movieverse.

So Goyer did that. There?s nothing in this film that should prevent the introduction of a Batman, an Aquaman, a Wonder Woman or a Flash.

But it looks to me, in fact, that while leaving the way open for the introduction of other superheroes, Goyer has simultaneously made some different sequel problems for himself. At the very least, he?s reinvented Superman in such a way that many of the old standby tropes we know from 75 years of comics, radio, TV and film just aren?t going to fly anymore.

I have to say, that?s one of the things I most enjoyed about Man of Steel, and I do feel very curious about what new, distinctive directions that any sequels will have to take this story and these characters.

Here?s some of what Goyer had to say on the subject of a Man of Steel sequel when I sat down with him yesterday. Check out the problem solving he?s going to have to do ? and also the ideas for the follow up that he?s clearly already had.

Chris [Nolan] was very clear that the Dark Knight trilogy exists in its own finite universe. But everybody is aware that it was Warner?s intention there would be some kind of shared universe.

I believe I wrote a Lexcorp easter egg into the script and we mentioned STAR Labs at one point, which some comic book readers will be aware of. Zack slipped in the Wayne Industries satellite and I first saw that in the rough cut.

The challenge for us moving forward is how to depict Superman in a world like this, in a world where Twitter exists, in a world with social media. To me, the interesting challenge is ?Could he solve hunger in the horn of Africa? What would he do with the Arab Spring? What would he do in Syria??

Partly you could argue ?How could he not intervene in something like the situation in Syria?? but the other argument is ?Is it a hornet?s nest if her intervenes? Does he have the wherewithal or the knowledge to intervene in something like this??

To me, that?s the interesting challenge. It?s easier for Batman because he just exists in this little pocket of the world, he?s not violating sovereign airspace every day.

There is musing about Lex Luthor, conversations that Zack and I have had on set, but it all depends on what happens over the next month. There are obviously those Lexcorp easter eggs in the film and clearly you can see from that, to the extent to which we can intuit things about Lex, it?s not the Gene Hackman version. This is a Bill Gates-like Lex that is probably worth 50, 60, 70 billion dollars. It?s a very different Lex.

Okay, let me warn you that from here on out we?re into something more like spoiler territory. You may prefer to click away, or just skip down now to the end of the italicised comments.

Right. So up next is what David had to say when talking about the lack of a Clark Kent disguise or alias in the film, and how easy it is for folks to recognise this version of Kal-El whenever they see him.

In our minds there are people in Smallville who know Superman?s secret as well [as Lois], Pete Ross seems to know, there?s probably a couple dozen people who know and we thought it would be interesting if they?re protective of him.

We were able to sidestep the issue of the ludicrous glasses disguise in this film but going forwards, we?re going to find ourselves in a sticky wicket. Zack and I have definitely talked about ?Okay, hmm, this will be interesting.? Clearly Perry White and Steve Lombard see Lois kissing Superman at the end of the film. Perry?s not an idiot. Moving forward, he?s probably going to say to Lois ?What?s up with that?? We?re definitely going to have to go through some story gymnastics.

Thanks again to Goyer for giving up a good chunk of time to talk with me. Please do come back for more from our interview over the weekend.

DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    the fight scenes were bland, the character development was poor. It was cool to see krypton, but there were so many holes in the story as to be disappointing.
    As bad as Prometheus?

IronMag Labs Discount Code for 15% more negs "Captn15"

TheCaptn' is not a registered proctologist. His post are for his amusement only. Please seek proper medical advice if symptoms persist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by theCaptn' View Post
    As bad as Prometheus?
    WOW, damn, tough call. not sure which one was a bigger let down. I'm going to go with Superman just because to me this was supposed to be in my mind the number one movie of the summer. It wasn't. So far it's like 5th and i've still not seen like a half dozen hopefully cool movies yet

DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Rep Points

That's a huge statement. Prometheus story was fkg retarded. Don't get me started on that one!

IronMag Labs Discount Code for 15% more negs "Captn15"

TheCaptn' is not a registered proctologist. His post are for his amusement only. Please seek proper medical advice if symptoms persist.