• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Man of Steel

MidWest

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just saw the premier tonight. All I can say is Epic...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

the fight scenes were bland, the character development was poor. It was cool to see krypton, but there were so many holes in the story as to be disappointing.

Compared to previous superman attempts I will have to disagree.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

better than the superman of 2006, but not near as good as superman 1 and 2 with christopher reves. cool CGI doesn't make up for the story they gave us.

Fight scenes= 15 min of the exact same stuff. How many buildings do we need to see them fly through? every single fight was 3 hits then someone was thrown 300 yards. cool the first time. eh, after that. there was no wow factor at all in the fight scenes.

also basic fundamental changes to the character development of both jor-el, and jonathan kent which led to poor character development, and holes in the story.

Saw it this morning. Fantastic movie! Henry Cavill is the best Superman, thus far.

I'm not overly excited to see another movie about the origins of Superman.

what a great movie,special effects were awesome.

IML Gear Cream!
Saw it this morning. Fantastic movie! Henry Cavill is the best Superman, thus far.

yeah I thought he was dreamy :daydream:

but thought character development sucked...I think if you hadn't watched every single other superman movie ever made you would have been screwed...
it was almost like it was more of a comparison to other movies than standing on its own legs

Spoilerish

David Goyer Tells Me About His Man Of Steel Sequel Plans And Problems - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

We believe that Warner Bros.? plan right now is to get a sequel to Man of Steel underway and only after that move screenwriter David Goyer, and very likely director Zack Snyder, onto Justice League. Unless Man of Steel somehow ends up being a flop ? and so far, that?s very much not happening ? I would expect them to stick with this scheme.

And it?s not a brand new plan. Back when David Goyer first started work on the Man of Steel screenplay, the studio told him to leave their options open and make sure the film could, if everything worked out at the box office, form the beginnings of DC Comics Movieverse.

So Goyer did that. There?s nothing in this film that should prevent the introduction of a Batman, an Aquaman, a Wonder Woman or a Flash.

But it looks to me, in fact, that while leaving the way open for the introduction of other superheroes, Goyer has simultaneously made some different sequel problems for himself. At the very least, he?s reinvented Superman in such a way that many of the old standby tropes we know from 75 years of comics, radio, TV and film just aren?t going to fly anymore.

I have to say, that?s one of the things I most enjoyed about Man of Steel, and I do feel very curious about what new, distinctive directions that any sequels will have to take this story and these characters.

Here?s some of what Goyer had to say on the subject of a Man of Steel sequel when I sat down with him yesterday. Check out the problem solving he?s going to have to do ? and also the ideas for the follow up that he?s clearly already had.

Chris [Nolan] was very clear that the Dark Knight trilogy exists in its own finite universe. But everybody is aware that it was Warner?s intention there would be some kind of shared universe.

I believe I wrote a Lexcorp easter egg into the script and we mentioned STAR Labs at one point, which some comic book readers will be aware of. Zack slipped in the Wayne Industries satellite and I first saw that in the rough cut.

The challenge for us moving forward is how to depict Superman in a world like this, in a world where Twitter exists, in a world with social media. To me, the interesting challenge is ?Could he solve hunger in the horn of Africa? What would he do with the Arab Spring? What would he do in Syria??

Partly you could argue ?How could he not intervene in something like the situation in Syria?? but the other argument is ?Is it a hornet?s nest if her intervenes? Does he have the wherewithal or the knowledge to intervene in something like this??

To me, that?s the interesting challenge. It?s easier for Batman because he just exists in this little pocket of the world, he?s not violating sovereign airspace every day.

There is musing about Lex Luthor, conversations that Zack and I have had on set, but it all depends on what happens over the next month. There are obviously those Lexcorp easter eggs in the film and clearly you can see from that, to the extent to which we can intuit things about Lex, it?s not the Gene Hackman version. This is a Bill Gates-like Lex that is probably worth 50, 60, 70 billion dollars. It?s a very different Lex.

Okay, let me warn you that from here on out we?re into something more like spoiler territory. You may prefer to click away, or just skip down now to the end of the italicised comments.

Right. So up next is what David had to say when talking about the lack of a Clark Kent disguise or alias in the film, and how easy it is for folks to recognise this version of Kal-El whenever they see him.

In our minds there are people in Smallville who know Superman?s secret as well [as Lois], Pete Ross seems to know, there?s probably a couple dozen people who know and we thought it would be interesting if they?re protective of him.

We were able to sidestep the issue of the ludicrous glasses disguise in this film but going forwards, we?re going to find ourselves in a sticky wicket. Zack and I have definitely talked about ?Okay, hmm, this will be interesting.? Clearly Perry White and Steve Lombard see Lois kissing Superman at the end of the film. Perry?s not an idiot. Moving forward, he?s probably going to say to Lois ?What?s up with that?? We?re definitely going to have to go through some story gymnastics.

Thanks again to Goyer for giving up a good chunk of time to talk with me. Please do come back for more from our interview over the weekend.

the fight scenes were bland, the character development was poor. It was cool to see krypton, but there were so many holes in the story as to be disappointing.

As bad as Prometheus?

As bad as Prometheus?

WOW, damn, tough call. not sure which one was a bigger let down. I'm going to go with Superman just because to me this was supposed to be in my mind the number one movie of the summer. It wasn't. So far it's like 5th and i've still not seen like a half dozen hopefully cool movies yet

That's a huge statement. Prometheus story was fkg retarded. Don't get me started on that one! :lol:

lookin forward to World War Z and the loneranger (srsly) myself

lookin forward to World War Z and the loneranger (srsly) myself

I read World War Z. Good book. Movie is quite a bit different from the book. Pretty much night and day. The book is the slow moving zombies and the movie, obviously, has the sprinters. The book is written as a history of a zombie war, told from different perspectives by survivors.

oh yeah...but fast zombies are way fuckin scarier than slow zombies

which is scarier...night of the living dead or 28 days later?

also...don't even get me started on zombies and freezing climates (heellooooo...freezing cells makes them burst, hence..they'd melt)

IML Gear Cream!
oh yeah...but fast zombies are way fuckin scarier than slow zombies

which is scarier...night of the living dead or 28 days later?

also...don't even get me started on zombies and freezing climates (heellooooo...freezing cells makes them burst, hence..they'd melt)

The book explains the zombies surviving the cold. Sprinters are scary, but the slow moving ones in the book are pretty quiet. Plus they moan which draws other zombies.

their explanation is flawed (remind me what it was again?)

their explanation is flawed (remind me what it was again?)

Something to do with the virus preventing cell breakdown in cold conditions.

pffffffttttt pft

David S. Goyer Confirmed To Write JUSTICE LEAGUE For WB

David S. Goyer Confirmed To Write JUSTICE LEAGUE For WB

Along with the news that David S. Goyer would return to work on the script for the Man of Steel sequel, Deadline have now revealed that he's also writing Justice League! "Goyers? deal is part of a huge 3-picture deal he signed at Warner Bros for Man Of Steel, the sequel, and Justice League with Superman". We reported a rumor that claimed as much a while ago, but there had been no confirmation or debunking, and most of us assumed it was just wishful (or not depending on whether you're a fan) thinking. Also, it seems Kel from Latino Review overheard the writer admit that he's working on the movie at the Man Of Steel premiere.

Of course he may have misheard, but the Deadline info alone would seem to confirm that Goyer is indeed penning WB's Justice League flick. What do you guys think of this news?

Hopefully the Man of Steel sequel is done right. Don't really give a shit about the Justice League.

David Goyer Reveals A Couple Of Scenes That Were Cut From MAN OF STEEL

David Goyer Reveals A Couple Of Scenes That Were Cut From MAN OF STEEL

Bleeding Cool caught up with Man Of Steel writer David S. Goyer, who spilled the beans on a couple of scenes that never made the final cut of the movie. Funnily enough, both scenes involved elements that many critics have called the finished film out on: The first had humor (they felt there wasn't enough) and the second had action (they felt there was too much). Goyer maintains that the finished movie is "relatively close" to his first script draft as far as the basic structure and characters are concerned, but here's what they decided it was better to scrap:

"There was a little scene in which Jonathan and Martha take a baby Kal to a paediatrician because he?s starting to experience these changes. They do a hearing test on him where they?re dialling up these sounds and baby Kal screams and it blows out all the windows.

It was a funny scene but after the armageddon on Krypton ? originally we went from that to baby Kal to the fishing trawler ? it just felt weird. We didn?t need it. Tonally it felt off.

Believe it or not there was another action scene ? we didn?t film it. After Zod first announces himself [the Krpytonians] provide a demonstration of their might. They drop Faora into Shanghai and NamEk, who is the big eight foot tall guy who doesn?t speak, they drop him another foreign city.

It was another five pages of crazy Kryptonian destruction. We didn?t need it. We knew that, my god, there?s already a lot of action."

There is. There REALLY is!

Henry Cavill talks to Muscle & Fitness about MAN OF STEEL

Henry Cavill talks to Muscle & Fitness about MAN OF STEEL

Of the many collective gasps that the audience at my theatre uttered during a packed screening of Man Of Steel on Friday, the loudest was when we see Clark Kent running with no shirt on after the oil rig explosion. It was gasp-inducing for the audience for two reasons, first it is the sight of how insane the physique of an actual super human can look like, and second is the realization of the blood and sweat that Henry Cavill must have shed to achieve it. In that one gasp-inducing shot, Cavill and Snyder are able to show the indestructible, invulenerable and superhuman qualities of Clark Kent.

Cavill and his trainer Mark Twight, the founder of Gym Jones, talk to Muscle & Fitness about the grueling 11 months that went into the creation of that one shot. Below is an excerpt and some quotes and trivia gleaned from the feature.

Henry Cavill was screwed. It was another cold winter?s day on the Vancouver set of Man of Steel ? the kind that makes it hard to get out of bed, hardest still to get motivated to train, and for Cavill, nearly impossible to move that damn barbell. He was on his final rep of his final set of front squats when his leg muscles froze under the stress of the 305 pounds sitting across his shoulders. He had dutifully pounded out three sets of four with the weight already, but at the bottom of the fourth rep of his fourth set, Cavill?s muscles flat out quit on him. His ass was pinned to the ground and his knees started to buckle inward. His trainer, Gym Jones founder Mark Twight, who closely monitored Cavill throughout his Man of Steel training, waited for his client to lean forward and dump the bar to the ground. Instead, Cavill did something that Twight ? a man not easily impressed ? would remember forever. He drove his heels into the ground and pushed, his face twisting into an expression that can only come from an outlay of supreme effort, his body working harder than at any time during his entire year of training for the role. And slowly he began to rise out of the hole, grinding his way back up, until he completed the rep. He racked the bar, lifted his head, and opened his eyes... and everything seemed different. Suddenly there was confidence, and elation. But beyond that, there was puzzlement ? the eyes of man trying to process a whole new world of possibility.

---The name of Mark Twight's fitness establishment, Gym Jones, is a play on the words of the name of cult leader Jim Jones

---Snyder warned Mark Twight that Cavill had a shirtless scene in early October, then another three weeks later, so he would have to stay in peak human shape for the entire period, a big challenge that Cavill and Twight undertook

---Cavill had leaned down to 170 pounds for his hyper-cut look in Tarsem's Singh hit film, Immortals. So Twight wanted him to gain much more muscle for Man Of Steel

---At the end of a two month ramp up training period, Cavill was training twice a day and eating 5000-6000 calories a day to gain 20 pounds of muscle

---The pre-filming training schedule of 10 hours sleep and training twice a day was impossible once filming began with 14 hour days, and time to train only 2-3 days in a week or not at all. So Twight built a solid physical foundation in Cavill during 5 months of pre-traiing so that his Superman physique could be maintained even during the taxing filming schedule

---Cavill weighed around 190 for the filming of Man Of Steel. His body fat percentage was maintained at 5-7% except for the shirtless scenes for which he dropped to only 3% fat on his body

---Cavill's shirtless scenes were purposefully included to show that the physique in the Superman suit was actually his

---Cavill achieved the following personal bests
435 pounds for deadlift
245 pounds for push press
365 pounds for backsquat
10 sets of 10 reps of front squat with 225 pounds

Mark Twight and Henry Cavill on the above defining moment in Cavill's training
Mark Twight: Somehow he got his sh-t together, To see him do that, then walk around like he?s on air, to believe in himself enough to try that hard, that was one of the more impressive things that happened during the whole course of this process.
Henry cavill: It was a fantastic moment, and certainly made me feel pretty darn good. It wasn?t because of the number that I felt good. It?s because I pushed past what I thought was possible. I felt like I earned the right to try and represent Superman. I learned my limits go far beyond what my head thinks they are. Superman isn?t just about his strength or his abilities. It?s more about determination in the face of a seemingly insurmountable problem, which is exactly how 305 pounds felt when I was stuck at the bottom of that front squat.

Henry Cavill on the pressure of getting the right physique for the role
I felt enormous pressure. Mostly from myself to get it right. This isn?t something that you get wrong. The pressure mostly manifested when I started negotiating with myself during a workout. My head would be telling me to quit or to not push so hard and save energy for later sets by doing fewer reps, but then I?d remind myself that I had to get this right and I?d start blasting.

Mark Twight on the challenge of making Cavill peak for 3 weeks
Peaking a guy for a few days is one thing. What Snyder was asking for was an entirely different problem.

Mark Twight on his unbreakable 10 hours sleep a night rule that he set for Cavill
It?s like, ?Hey, guy, you want to be f-king Superman? Then do this one other thing, which might be the most important piece of it,?If you don?t get the sleep, if you can?t recover, then we can?t continue with this training and we won?t achieve the objective. The predatory effect that a lack of sleep has on the rest of the work you do is shockingly powerful. The HGH and testosterone secretion that happens during these deep-sleep cycles is super-important.

Mark Twight on how the training affected Cavill's performance
Fitness is strength and conditioning, but also strength of character. Cheating and shortcuts produce visible insecurity. Genuine accomplishment looks and feels different. It cannot be faked. By doing physically difficult things, by changing his body of his own will, Henry changed his attitude and his bearing. He looked huge. He walked huge. His attitude broadcast his physical capability.

Mark Twight on the look they were going for with Cavill
There has never been a superhero that didn't have broad shoulders and a small waist - Henry's frame is ideal. But we had to add some meat to it. Our model for the new Superman was Steve Reeves in Hercules. I think that's a reasonable and aesthetic look.

Read more in the July 2013 issue of Muscle & Fitness.

I liked it. I was entertained the entire time. No need to wait after the credits: there is nothing.

I waited and you're right. Nuthin. :(

better than the superman of 2006, but not near as good as superman 1 and 2 with christopher reves. cool CGI doesn't make up for the story they gave us.

Fight scenes= 15 min of the exact same stuff. How many buildings do we need to see them fly through? every single fight was 3 hits then someone was thrown 300 yards. cool the first time. eh, after that. there was no wow factor at all in the fight scenes.

ALL OF THEM!

Must have spent easily two hours yesterday watching YouTube videos of different reviews. Some really professionally done videos with great commentary available online.

Back