• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

UFC 162 SILVA vs. WEIDMAN

ebfitness

Agent of Chaos
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
599x858x162-poster-full.jpg.speedilic.ic.0HtlMh73W3.jpg

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10PM/7PM ET/PT)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8PM/5PM ET/PT)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7PM/4PM ET/PT)

SILVA all day I have never seen a fighter like this till I Witness him fight in Brazil and the sad part was this was one of his worse fights. He will Destroy Weidman!

Damn pretty good Card. Silva will pick Weidman Apart. Frankie Edgar will rape as well hopefully I want him to take Jose down for good! and Boetsch is usually good to watch too dayumn

Wiedman has a shot. I don't think he takes it because of cage rust, but the truth is he has the skill set to beat Silva. Lots of guys are picking Weidman, i'm not ready to believe Silva goes down, but it's got possibility. i want to see Edgar get back on the winning track. that would be nice. It'll be a fun card to watch. for sure

I don't think Weidman has much of a chance but Silva is way too cocky for his own good and somebody is definitely going to catch him on the chin one day and knock his ass out..!

Yeah, I think Silva will probably get it as usual...he's just on a different level. But I'm really looking forward to the Siver/Swanson, Boetsch/Munoz, and Gonzaga/Herman matches...I wanna see people put to sleep!

I don't think Weidman has much of a chance but Silva is way too cocky for his own good and somebody is definitely going to catch him on the chin one day and knock his ass out..!

Silva is one of the most humble fighters in MMA. How many times have you seen him talk trash about his opponent? He does showboat a little but that plays into his game plan to get his opponent to attack so he can counter. He's an excellent role model and shows respect to all his opponents, even after he beat Sonnen. And if you are as good as he is, you can be as cocky as you want IMO.

Silva's weakness, and flaw has been exposed. The game plan for beating him is already drawn up. Sonnen showed the world how to beat Silva. You out wrestle him and control him on the ground. Silva has done nothing in his training to improve this weakness. Weidmen is a strong wrestler with better submission defense and heavier hands than Sonnen. Saying he doesn't have much of a chance is ignoring a whole lot of evidence to the contrary.

I really think Silva wins this one. I think Weidman has got some cage rust and doesn't win, but he certainly has a chance.

Yeah, cocky in the cage was what I was referring to! Even alot of the Brazillian fighter's don't like him because of the way he carries himself inside the cage while he is fighting. Could be just nerves he is trying to work through, but I would still like to see him get beat again before he retires......

Silva is one of the most humble fighters in MMA. How many times have you seen him talk trash about his opponent? He does showboat a little but that plays into his game plan to get his opponent to attack so he can counter. He's an excellent role model and shows respect to all his opponents, even after he beat Sonnen. And if you are as good as he is, you can be as cocky as you want IMO.

Although wrestling has definitely been effective against Silva I still don't see Weidman getting the win! Do you not think Silva has been working on his weaknesses since Sonnen kicked his ass all over the cage for 5 rounds? Although lots of other fighter's are saying Weidman should win I think it is just mostly media hype, everybody is supposed to have a good shot against Silva. We will see though, Silva isn't getting any younger either.....

Silva's weakness, and flaw has been exposed. The game plan for beating him is already drawn up. Sonnen showed the world how to beat Silva. You out wrestle him and control him on the ground. Silva has done nothing in his training to improve this weakness. Weidmen is a strong wrestler with better submission defense and heavier hands than Sonnen. Saying he doesn't have much of a chance is ignoring a whole lot of evidence to the contrary.

I really think Silva wins this one. I think Weidman has got some cage rust and doesn't win, but he certainly has a chance.

IML Gear Cream!
A quote from a member on another MMA sub-forum I work:

"They have even Dana trying to sell the fight saying he thinks Weidmann could take this...but we all know silva is going to ninja kick his white ass."

Hahaha!

Although wrestling has definitely been effective against Silva I still don't see Weidman getting the win! Do you not think Silva has been working on his weaknesses since Sonnen kicked his ass all over the cage for 5 rounds? Although lots of other fighter's are saying Weidman should win I think it is just mostly media hype, everybody is supposed to have a good shot against Silva. We will see though, Silva isn't getting any younger either.....

No, I do not believe that Silva has been working to improve his wrestling or take down defense. What makes me believe that is there was no improvement between his first and second fights vs Sonnen. Chael took him down at will both times. Also, since then ive not seen any indication he has improved his wrestling. I think he believes his skill set if fine without it.

Holy Shit, He did it! Congrats to Weidman, I am going to throw the fights on in a few mins and check it out.........

UFC 162 RESULTS:

Chris Weidman def. Anderson Silva via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 1:18 - to become newUFC middleweight champion

Frankie Edgar def. Charles Oliveira via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)

Tim Kennedy def. Roger Gracia via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Mark Munoz def. Tim Boetsch via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-28)

Cub Swanson def. Dennis Siver via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 2:24

Andrew Craig def. Chris Leben via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)

Norman Parke def. Kazuki Tokudome via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Gabriel Gonzaga def. Dave Herman via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 0:17

Edson Barboza def. Rafaello Oliveira via TKO (leg kicks) - Round 2, 1:44

Brian Melancon def. Seth Baczynski via KO (punches) - Round 1, 4:59

Mike Pierce def. David Mitchell via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 2:55

IML Gear Cream!
Beautiful! Silva deserves everything he got..!! Maybe he can get a job at with the circus now. Wonder if he will be showboating as much in the rematch?

Doesn't even sound like Silva wants a rematch? Wow his chin didn't look very good either......

no way to know if Silva would have won or lost without the showboating. Weidman was able to take Silva down and pop him a few good times. Would he have done it all 5 rounds? I don't know. Either way he is a tough kid who kept to his game plan and did something the 17 straight men previous were unable to do. Funny the predictions we read previous to a fight followed by the results though. Great fight card. Every fight was a fun one to watch. I love when we get cards like that. Way to go Frankie, and cub. Kennedy showed some amazing skills as well. Gracie is easily the best submission guy in the cage right now, and Kennedy stuffed all of his game then threw a hellacious amount of blows to easily win. I was pretty impressed with Kennedy.

Silva got what he had coming....how long did he think he was gonna showboat in front of the top fighters in the world...I lmao when he got knocked the f"%&k out..

Yeah I figured once the moment passed and he realized what a dick he looked liked during the fight that he would want his rematch..!

Back