• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

tips for increasing workout intensity?

Nok

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
im kind of at a handicap, i dont have a buddy to workout with or to spot me...

i still hit hypertophy, i use alot of dumbells and smith machines and high volume + lower weights too.

i feel like im just not going hard enough though, what can i do to push myself harder?? im thinking drop sets? less rest time inbetween sets?

more tren.

on a serious note, maybe take some time off, change the music you listen to. it's all a mental aspect, i feel as if when i feel "burnt out" i take a few days off and when i'm back in the gym i just want ot kill it

i never feel burnt out. the gym is what wakes me up, and puts me to sleep. its what gets me through the studies, the mind numbing job, the idiot scally wag hoes... lol, never burnt out bro

i just feel like physically i am capable of more. and working out alone is kind of challenging as i proceed further into this shit u know what im sayin

Hey NOK: what gets me workin', and I have a home gym, is just getting on the web and searching various articles, videos, new research in bodybuilding. This gives me the mental inspiration to work harder. I always hated doing a journal and stuff, but it really works to keep track and better yourself every workout. Good luck.

Nok: ;less resting time will do, use heavier weights like 4x8 and a drop set for the last set of each exercise (only the last set) and do it till failure this requires lots of mental concentration, you should leave the gym with feeling of being pumped up not exhausted so 2 muscle groups should be done not more than 1 hour with warm up.
also concentrate on perfect form.

Change rep range. The body adapts to the same thing every week. Do what I do, don't get a partner but get someone around the gym to spot you and go to failure

im kind of at a handicap, i dont have a buddy to workout with or to spot me...

i still hit hypertophy, i use alot of dumbells and smith machines and high volume + lower weights too.

i feel like im just not going hard enough though, what can i do to push myself harder?? im thinking drop sets? less rest time inbetween sets?

How about giant sets once a month.

The best thing that works for me is doing new routines. I see people in the gym that do the same thing over and over. You have to change so your mind body and soul can get ready for something new to conquer. Just my 2cents keep going hard in the gym no matter what!!!!

No spotter is good for me. I train alone also, and almost always have for too many years. Deads, squats, incline benches, bent rows, and very wide grip chins for me, and I think I still make big improvements over each year that goes by. I do like the dropsets on only the last set. I take 5minutes plus inbetween my sets cause I use less gears and want to be as huge as possible. Most guys take way more gears than I do, but usually they are much smaller and not as freaky in my honest, humble opinion. Oh yeah, I eat like it's a serious job. Lot's o protein man is for me, and often.

What up NOK, You didn't say what your routine was or if you do this at home or comm. gym so I agree with a lot of what guys are saying about changing your routine up, adding in super sets to every workout and the occasional giant set. Go a week of 3 x 5's then another 5 x 8's , change up your muscle grouping and days off after several weeks and set small attainable goals to hit that are out of reach right now. I workout my home gym so pushing it becomes more mental thing. I don't use collars and never hesitate to push for one last set because my gym, my rules and I'll just dump the weights if and when I get stuck. Can't do that in a comm gym. For music and mental focus are key to intensity. It's a mind set and you have the flip the switch and attack the weight as if you have something against it. Good luck.

Hey Jimmy: That was a great link.(rest pause). Thanks

Hey Jimmy: That was a great link.(rest pause). Thanks

I never tried it the way the author described but will give it a shot. Anything to confuse the muscle and keep it growing.

Good article bro!

DJ, your the man, I just found my next 3-5 weeks routine, I should say You just found . :winkfinger:

Welcome fellas
I do a lot of these sets. I have a log in AG that describes how I actually apply the set

i usually get my heavy work done and do one of these sets towards the tail end of my heavy work.

ie
bench 315x15, 365x12, 365x11, 315x 11 positive failure+ 4 positive failure after 15 seconds or 5 deep breaths, +2 absolute failure after 15seconds or 5 deep breaths.

Then onto some dips or whatever.

I love these on plate loaded machines and just go balls to the wall even of your alone. Try to get the sparkles and itchy skin!

i do split my set very often, like i go for a heavy set 3-4 reps, take 10-20 secs rest then continue with a set of 12 reps or till failure ( sort of like a drop set but with a little pause) but i do that for my last set of a given exercise. sometimes i chose a basic exercise that i like say bench press i do it for 4 sets like usual then when i move to another exercise i superset it with a light weight bench: example 4 sets of bench, then 2 sets of inclined dumbbell supersetted each with a set of bench, the 2 sets of declined dumbbell again supersetted each with bench, then 2 sets of flies supersetted each with bench. For back for example i do the same i superset each exercise with a pull down set...just keeps me motivated and for variation

a lot of good advice in this threat guys I appreciate it. what I've been doing this past week which has been really bringing the burn, is chasing the pump... if my msucles aren't about to split open then I know im not pushing myself hard enough... and what im kind of playing around with is, after my workout is entirely over (all major body parts, abs, cardio) I got back and do I final compound movement covering those body parts and push it until failure. then drop set it. hit failure. drop set it again. and do that till there is no more weight or I cant move lol. leaves me feeling like jelly, but im seeing new gains every morning when I wake up I swear lol

Back