McDonald's Literally Cannot Imagine How Its Workers Would Survive on the Minimum Wage

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

McDonald's Literally Cannot Imagine How Its Workers Would Survive on the Minimum Wage

William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

McDonalds feels & understands the suffering and problems of the 'Working Class'....

...Well, maybe next life.....

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

I love it when a plan comes together - KOS - Anything Goes MOD . KOS = the MOD that IM deserves.
    Rep Points

Repped:

"When large companies make profits by paying their workers unlivable wages, we end up subsidizing their bottom lines. "

PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Hate to be unfortunate enough to be or like this person. I get it though, according to big business their philosophy is the little guy doesn't have to live. For very long anyways.

And he/she doesn't need to sow their oats either.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

600 a month rent/mortage and 20 a month for health insurance and no heating or cooling bill??...on what planet?

IronMagLabs Discount Code for 15% off ~~ Sheriv15

~~~~Use "Sheriv15" a coupon code for 15% off at IronMag research~~~~

Amalist@securenym.net

BOARD REP

Rep Points

is "other" code for food?

IronMagLabs Discount Code for 15% off ~~ Sheriv15

~~~~Use "Sheriv15" a coupon code for 15% off at IronMag research~~~~

Amalist@securenym.net

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

And a 150.00 car payment ?

That's more like bus fare!

Rep Points

what kind of person takes a minimum wage job as a career?
    -S-

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2011
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

ok but why would anyone want to have a minimum wage job for a career?
    -S-

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IronAddict View Post
    And a 150.00 car payment ?

That's more like bus fare!
    That's less than I spend in gas a month fir my car.

ALPHA MALE

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IronAddict View Post
    Hate to be unfortunate enough to be or like this person. I get it though, according to big business their philosophy is the little guy doesn't have to live. For very long anyways.

And he/she doesn't need to sow their oats either.

that I ridiculous....my lights alone are 200
    ...PASSION IS MY FUCKING PASSION
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/th...w!!!-Get-on-it!!!

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SheriV View Post
    600 a month rent/mortage and 20 a month for health insurance and no heating or cooling bill??...on what planet?
    and then there is the whole reality of getting that 2nd job. when millions and millions are struggling just trying to find one.

Rep Points

ok but why would anyone want to have a minimum wage job for a career?
    Yeah these people are doing the job of a 16 year old with zero experience and want to make a career out of it? I wouldn't expect a 16 with no experience to make "a living wage" I don't see why other people would expect it doing the same job.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by troubador View Post
    Yeah these people are doing the job of a 16 year old with zero experience and want to make a career out of it? I wouldn't expect a 16 with no experience to make "a living wage" I don't see why other people would expect it doing the same job.
    what what exactly are the options for the majority of the population in a post-industrial economy?

lets hear them?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    what what exactly are the options for the majority of the population in a post-industrial economy?

lets hear them?
    I had a friend that worked at McDonald's in high school. He went to college for a semester or two. After dropping out he got a job as a materials handler in a machine shop, it probably paid less than $9 an hour. By applying himself he moved up the ladder; became a welder, then ran CNC, learned to program all kinds of shit. He's a supervisor now and owns a nice house on a good bit of land. The shop has grown and done really well too.

95% of the working population makes more than minimum wage. 97% of those over 25 make more than minimum wage.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

My GF makes barely above min. wage, but she is very good at what she does in the hotel business, plus she has union backing and a very good health and retirement package. She still makes more than I do and I am manager of Photovoltaic Sales and am paid decently even though I am one of few people with my skill set and experience in a newly growing field where finding anyone with more than 6 years is rare. I could easily get another job with some of these bigger companies and make close to 100g's a year, but I have made my commitment to my company and am invested in it for more than money, I love the people I work with and my customers. So not all making minimum or barely above should be considered an idiot, nor is money always peoples biggest motivator.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

I had a friend that worked at McDonald's in high school. He went to college for a semester or two. After dropping out he got a job as a materials handler in a machine shop, it probably paid less than $9 an hour. By applying himself he moved up the ladder; became a welder, then ran CNC, learned to program all kinds of shit. He's a supervisor now and owns a nice house on a good bit of land. The shop has grown and done really well too.

95% of the working population makes more than minimum wage. 97% of those over 25 make more than minimum wage.
    exactly my point and across the country in each small business how many supervisors are there per employee? how many shift supervisors, etc. per small firm is necessary and economically viable?

so your solution is that EVERYONE becomes a supervisor. do you understand how unrealistic your "solution" is?

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

As long as investors are the primary motivator for companies it won't be changing any time soon.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

Rep Points

exactly my point and across the country in each small business how many supervisors are there per employee? how many shift supervisors, etc. per small firm is necessary and economically viable?

so your solution is that EVERYONE becomes a supervisor. do you understand how unrealistic your "solution" is?
    Your reading comprehension is really poor. My response stated how most people don't make minimum wage. Clearly it's not possible that everyone is a supervisor. No where did I state that was a solution. I cannot fathom what the fuck you were thinking when you made that assumption.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Your reading comprehension is really poor. My response stated how most people don't make minimum wage. Clearly it's not possible that everyone is a supervisor. No where did I state that was a solution. I cannot fathom what the fuck you were thinking when you made that assumption.
    well you clearly that your friend worked in minimum wage then acquired some skills and obtained higher employment in a shop where actual services (welding) are utilized and sold for a profit.

meanwhile in reality land the US economy is mainly service sector based. so your implication that everyone can eventually get a higher paying job once more skills are obtained is not realistic in a post-industrial economy.

and it's not my fault that you don't understand economics for shit, my reading comprehension surely isn't the problem.

Rep Points

so your implication that everyone can eventually get a higher paying job once more skills are obtained is not realistic in a post-industrial economy.
    Nope, same stupid assumption repackaged. My point is that if you still work at McDonald's flipping burgers after ten years it's your fault. Most people in the country do not make minimum wage which is what the OP is about. No where did I imply this is a universal solution to increase everyone's pay nor is it a logical extension of my statement. Your reading comprehension sucks dick.