• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

In need of a life change...

RallyingBack

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm 24 years old. I have a strong history of lifting weights in being in great condition. I started researching bodybuilding/powerlifting/kinesiology at age 15. I've read tons of Dave Tate, Joe DeFranco, Louie Simmons, Mark Rippetoe articles. It seems that what I have taken a better understanding to is advanced techniques for getting stronger and hypertrophy.

I used to be around 180-190lbs. I was benching 300, squatting 350 and deadlifting 400. I know those lifts aren't phenomenal, but much better than the shape I'm in now. I'll explain my downfall. I know this is going to be long read but for those of you that take the time to help me you'll never know just how much I appreciate your help.

I got laid off from my job requiring manual labor, which was helping keep me in shape. The only thing I could find that comes close to money is a job as a security officer due to the extreme hours at a decent hourly rate, which is around 60 per week. The job has given me the "security look" though. I sit in an office building in the air conditioning all day, have my own refrigerator, microwave, spend a lot of time by myself and work from 6am-6pm, so I stay pretty tired. The only thing that keeps me awake usually is to eat. Since this job, I'm now at a terribly high 245lbs. Anytime of major movement causes me to sweat profusely, I have a big gut, double chins and look awful. When my wife and I got married I was a pretty attractive guy in good health and she's a very attractive girl and in great shape. I know her and our son deserve much better than what I've become. Since I started working here I've gotten tachycardia, hypertension, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, sleep walking, severely loud snoring and often times people say I'm snowing while I'm wide awake due to me breathing so loud. I have absolutely NO energy at all during the day all I ever want to do is just lay down. I know I need to change my life because I'm way too young for this shit. I've got a lot of water weight which is pretty noticeable in my hands, face, belly and feet.

I have a weight bench, squat rack, pullup rack and etc. that I haven't used in years. I know I'm going to have to get it back and start lifting weights. Right now I'm concerned with some goals and how I should start off being I'm in such TERRIBLE health. I want to include hill sprints, boxing and general weightlifting. Here is the program I plan to use that I have found posted on a few other sites.

Monday - Upper Body, Horizontal Emphasis, Vertical Maintenance
Bench Press 3X5
Barbell Rows: 3X5
OH Press: 3X10
Pullups: 3XF
CGBP: 3X10

Tuesday - Squat Emphasis
Squat: 3X5
Lunges: 3X10
SLDL: 3X10
Weighted Sit Ups: 3X15
Hanging Leg Raises: 3X15

Wednesday - Cardio & Conditioning
Push upsX10, Sit ups X 10, Pullups X 5, repeat 3 times with no rest between sets (tabata type)
3 2 minute rounds of boxing on the heavy bag
Hill Sprints...we have a hill that is about 100 yards long...I was going to sprint up it as fast as I can then walk back down it and repeat...maybe only 3 times at first...

Thursday - Upper Body, Vertical Emphasis, Horizontal Maintenance
OH Press: 3X5
Lat Pulldowns: 3XF
Bench Press: 3X10
Barbell Rows: 3X10
Barbell Curls: 3X10

Friday - Deadlift Emphasis
Power Clean: 5X3
Deadlift: 3X5
Front Squat: 3X10
Hanging Leg Raises: 3X15
Weighted Sit Ups: 3X15

Saturday - Cardio & Conditioning
Push upsX10, Sit ups X 10, Pullups X 5, repeat 3 times with no rest between sets (tabata type)
3 2 minute rounds of boxing on the heavy bag
Hill Sprints...we have a hill that is about 100 yards long...I was going to sprint up it as fast as I can then walk back down it and repeat...maybe only 3 times at first...

My goals are to drop from 240lbs to 180lbs (60 lbs in weight loss)...I want to improve my bench press from whatever is now back to 300lbs for 1Rm....squat 425lbs 1RM....deadlift 475lbs 1RM....I want to improve my conditioning significantly and get my blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. back down.

I know the biggest step in this is going to be diet...I can whenever I want while I'm at work...I just can't go very expensive because having a 1 year old and the bills that we have are pretty expensive....any tips and diet suggestions as well as motivation or comments about my program in terms of constructive criticism is welcome. I just need to get my ass in gear. I used to post way too much on forums, but damn they kept me motivated before. Now I'm just a fat bastard that might as well be a 60 year old man.

I know this was long and you guys have way better shit to do than read my problems but I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help me.

hey first you are going in the right direction because you are aware of your situation and acknowledge that something should be done. any routine will be good at this time, you can also join a club or some sort of activity that you enjoy that will make you move while enjoying it, like lets say a boxing club, tennis, swimming , soccer , whatever game you like to do in a get- together with some friends. if you can and showers are available, take a lunch break during your job and go for a 30 minutes jog, it will keep you refreshed for the rest of the day. dieting is very very important and it is what you need to start doing immediately. forget about how much you lift just learn to enjoy your workouts. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART is not to get frustrated, do not expect quick results, it took you time to gain weight and it will take you time to lose it... and do not weigh yourself every day,
your diet and workouts should become your lifestyle and this takes a year or more. but it is never too late to start, you are still young.
it seems you are determined to change your lifestyle and i think you will do fine

i

i am sort of in the same boat your in, we just got to stop thinking about it and just make it happen one step at a time.

I read your story, and I know many in your situation. I've seen them transform to what they once was, to what they are now.

I'd be willing to donate my time, with setting you up with a diet, and workout plan. Constantly adjusting as you hit milestones.

I'm sure a supplement company or two may donate a few products for you to use as well.

If your comfortable. Would you post your current stats. And a picture so we could determine bf percent? And calculate your current lbm? I would recommend blood work of you can afford it, it's pretty reasonable of you order from Privatemdlabs.com. If you can't that's fine, but it would be recommended.

I can donate my time, I'm sure others would as well.

Your 24 and if what your saying is true. You are on the road to an early grave brother, but it's refreshing and positive that you have seemed to realize where your at, and where your headed if you don't make a change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Something which is very commonly said by the older fellas is that diet is the biggest piece to this whole thing. I heard it for years... I paid attention to it I listened to it. But I didnt really absorb it until years later. Try for 6 months to cook and prepare almost anything that goes in your mouth. Use common sense at first but work on reseaching macronutrient balance, high and low gi carbs....etc. get a cooler carry everything with you. Cheat occasionally but dont flip...
I wouke bet in 6 monthes with any workout, I mean gonto curves three times week, with a concentrated effort on you will make a dramitic flip.

Last edited:
Youre sleep apnea is killing you - literally. Get a cpap machine it will change your life.

I read your story, and I know many in your situation. I've seen them transform to what they once was, to what they are now.

I'd be willing to donate my time, with setting you up with a diet, and workout plan. Constantly adjusting as you hit milestones.

I'm sure a supplement company or two may donate a few products for you to use as well.

If your comfortable. Would you post your current stats. And a picture so we could determine bf percent? And calculate your current lbm? I would recommend blood work of you can afford it, it's pretty reasonable of you order from Privatemdlabs.com. If you can't that's fine, but it would be recommended.

I can donate my time, I'm sure others would as well.

Your 24 and if what your saying is true. You are on the road to an early grave brother, but it's refreshing and positive that you have seemed to realize where your at, and where your headed if you don't make a change.

I would take advantage of this man, several years ago I also had a member help me get on track. These guys know their stuff.

Do you have 2 accounts there is a post just like this one in the same section.

Back