conceal carry

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: conceal carry

  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Derrrty South
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    21624320

    conceal carry






    my buddy recently purchased a Glock .40, its the model 27 sub compact. the "baby" glock. the whole point of him buying it was so that he could obtain his concealed carry license, but come to find out he has to wait a couple more years due to a DWI he received a few years back.

    I am 100% against not breaking the law, yet I feel as if the state and/or the government should not get to dictate such a primal right of protecting ones own life against potential wrong doers.

    so my question to you guys is, do you conceal carry? do you bother with the licensing aspect? what would you recommend for my buddy? what are your opinions on illegally concealed weapons on otherwise law abiding citizens? I personally think everyone should have a pistol on them. at all times. I exercise my right to.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    bdad's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    43472985

    I have a concealed weapons permit, not sure where you live but tell him to research open carry.

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Derrrty South
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    21624320

    we live in Texas. open carry isnt legal here yet

  4. #4
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,355
    Rep Points
    962148245

    Quote Originally Posted by Nok View Post
    my buddy recently purchased a Glock .40, its the model 27 sub compact. the "baby" glock. the whole point of him buying it was so that he could obtain his concealed carry license, but come to find out he has to wait a couple more years due to a DWI he received a few years back.

    I am 100% against not breaking the law, yet I feel as if the state and/or the government should not get to dictate such a primal right of protecting ones own life against potential wrong doers.

    so my question to you guys is, do you conceal carry? do you bother with the licensing aspect? what would you recommend for my buddy? what are your opinions on illegally concealed weapons on otherwise law abiding citizens? I personally think everyone should have a pistol on them. at all times. I exercise my right to.
    that makes no sense a DUI has no effect on gun rights at the state or federal level because it was a non-violent misdemeanor, not sure if they are a M-3 or M-2.

    being a combat vet I can't think of anything worst than a bunch of civilians not trained to react under pressure to carry. can't tell you how many friends I have disarmed in seconds which changed their minds about carrying "just because I can".
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Derrrty South
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    21624320

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    that makes no sense a DUI has no effect on gun rights at the state or federal level because it was a non-violent misdemeanor, not sure if they are a M-3 or M-2.

    being a combat vet I can't think of anything worst than a bunch of civilians not trained to react under pressure to carry. can't tell you how many friends I have disarmed in seconds which changed their minds about carrying "just because I can".
    a DWI makes you ineligible to get your conceal carry license until 5 years after date of conviction. drug charges also make you ineligible. permanently i believe.

    so would you say that a 12 hour course (all that is required to get CHL) is enough training/experience to give a civilian the ability to use a firearm in a potentially life threatening situation??

    or are you saying you are against civilians carrying weapons in general??

  6. #6
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,532
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Do the required course for getting the concealed carry permit then take additional training after that. There are loads of places that do carry training.

    As far as your friend goes tell him to stay sober and get some pepper spray for the time being. It's probably a felony if you are caught carrying without a CCW permit and that would mean no firearm ownership EVER. Plus if he gets caught carrying with any alcohol in his system it's a felony, even with a permit.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Bowden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I love it when a plan comes together - KOS - Anything Goes MOD . KOS = the MOD that IM deserves.
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Points
    806610063

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    that makes no sense a DUI has no effect on gun rights at the state or federal level because it was a non-violent misdemeanor, not sure if they are a M-3 or M-2.

    being a combat vet I can't think of anything worst than a bunch of civilians not trained to react under pressure to carry. can't tell you how many friends I have disarmed in seconds which changed their minds about carrying "just because I can".
    Common sense 101.

    People with a history of DUI need to be looked at very carefully as to their carrying a weapon.
    Drinking alcohol and carrying a gun at the same time do not mix well.
    Someone can be a mild mannered law abiding person and responsible enough to carry a gun.

    However mild mannered law abiding persons responsible enough to carry a gun can loose control and get violent when they get drunk.
    Their right to carry a weapon does not outweigh the rights of other people to not get shot by someone drunk.

    PrunaGrow.com, the only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    NOW 10% OFF ON ALL YOUR SUPPLIES!!! Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1
    PRUNAGROW BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

    Discipline, patience, commitment and perseverance = Bodybuilding success.

  8. #8
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,355
    Rep Points
    962148245

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    Common sense 101.

    People with a history of DUI need to be looked at very carefully as to their carrying a weapon.
    Drinking alcohol and carrying a gun at the same time do not mix well.
    Someone can be a mild mannered law abiding person and responsible enough to carry a gun.

    However mild mannered law abiding persons responsible enough to carry a gun can loose control and get violent when they get drunk.
    Their right to carry a weapon does not outweigh the rights of other people to not get shot by someone drunk.
    I'm saying there is nothing at the federal level that can prevent that from a DUI that was not major, didn't envolve a death, etc. it has nothing to do with common sense I'm talking about law here.

    my guess it's because he's on probation
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  9. #9
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,355
    Rep Points
    962148245






    Quote Originally Posted by Nok View Post
    or are you saying you are against civilians carrying weapons in general??
    nothing wrong with a well trained citizen but most are not. most CCW course are a joke, I've attended several in a bunch of states but that's just my opinion.

    all i'm saying is that weapon gives a lot of people a false sense of security because if your not good with you hands and if confronted up close by another that gun is useless as the vast majority of people can not take a punch and definitely not a kick. while many that have grown up on the streets are used to mutual combat and can at least take a half decent punch from an equal sized or larger untrained person.

    growing up in Philly I saw plenty of street fights and have seen many a trained MA get schooled by a untrained street fighter. American's watch far too many movies and in reality there are a lot of people out there with some decent hand speed and once you get stuck there is no recovering from that to continue the fight, your ass is getting stopped out and it's game over.

    75% of homicides are committed by people that know each other and the rest are generally random acts of violence with a person being in the right place at the wrong time or they look physically weak and are a natural target for street crime IF you are in that type of area. as income and wealth increases the occurrence of street crime decreases exponentially, that being the case all one need to really do is stay out of the impoverished places of the metro and you've eliminated most threats.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Similar Threads

  1. Carry Test Susp??
    By bigmike75 in forum Olympus Pharma
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 01:36 PM
  2. Products you would like to see us carry?
    By TwisT in forum Research Chemicals
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 02:46 PM
  3. fire hose carry
    By dirtwarrior in forum Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 05:37 PM
  4. any sponsors here carry T4?
    By moresize in forum Research Chemicals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 10:00 AM
  5. We'll Carry On!
    By ZECH in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->