• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

conceal carry

Nok

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
my buddy recently purchased a Glock .40, its the model 27 sub compact. the "baby" glock. the whole point of him buying it was so that he could obtain his concealed carry license, but come to find out he has to wait a couple more years due to a DWI he received a few years back.

I am 100% against not breaking the law, yet I feel as if the state and/or the government should not get to dictate such a primal right of protecting ones own life against potential wrong doers.

so my question to you guys is, do you conceal carry? do you bother with the licensing aspect? what would you recommend for my buddy? what are your opinions on illegally concealed weapons on otherwise law abiding citizens? I personally think everyone should have a pistol on them. at all times. I exercise my right to.

I have a concealed weapons permit, not sure where you live but tell him to research open carry.

my buddy recently purchased a Glock .40, its the model 27 sub compact. the "baby" glock. the whole point of him buying it was so that he could obtain his concealed carry license, but come to find out he has to wait a couple more years due to a DWI he received a few years back.

I am 100% against not breaking the law, yet I feel as if the state and/or the government should not get to dictate such a primal right of protecting ones own life against potential wrong doers.

so my question to you guys is, do you conceal carry? do you bother with the licensing aspect? what would you recommend for my buddy? what are your opinions on illegally concealed weapons on otherwise law abiding citizens? I personally think everyone should have a pistol on them. at all times. I exercise my right to.

that makes no sense a DUI has no effect on gun rights at the state or federal level because it was a non-violent misdemeanor, not sure if they are a M-3 or M-2.

being a combat vet I can't think of anything worst than a bunch of civilians not trained to react under pressure to carry. can't tell you how many friends I have disarmed in seconds which changed their minds about carrying "just because I can".

that makes no sense a DUI has no effect on gun rights at the state or federal level because it was a non-violent misdemeanor, not sure if they are a M-3 or M-2.

being a combat vet I can't think of anything worst than a bunch of civilians not trained to react under pressure to carry. can't tell you how many friends I have disarmed in seconds which changed their minds about carrying "just because I can".

a DWI makes you ineligible to get your conceal carry license until 5 years after date of conviction. drug charges also make you ineligible. permanently i believe.

so would you say that a 12 hour course (all that is required to get CHL) is enough training/experience to give a civilian the ability to use a firearm in a potentially life threatening situation??

or are you saying you are against civilians carrying weapons in general??

Do the required course for getting the concealed carry permit then take additional training after that. There are loads of places that do carry training.

As far as your friend goes tell him to stay sober and get some pepper spray for the time being. It's probably a felony if you are caught carrying without a CCW permit and that would mean no firearm ownership EVER. Plus if he gets caught carrying with any alcohol in his system it's a felony, even with a permit.

Common sense 101.

People with a history of DUI need to be looked at very carefully as to their carrying a weapon.
Drinking alcohol and carrying a gun at the same time do not mix well.
Someone can be a mild mannered law abiding person and responsible enough to carry a gun.

However mild mannered law abiding persons responsible enough to carry a gun can loose control and get violent when they get drunk.
Their right to carry a weapon does not outweigh the rights of other people to not get shot by someone drunk.

Common sense 101.

People with a history of DUI need to be looked at very carefully as to their carrying a weapon.
Drinking alcohol and carrying a gun at the same time do not mix well.
Someone can be a mild mannered law abiding person and responsible enough to carry a gun.

However mild mannered law abiding persons responsible enough to carry a gun can loose control and get violent when they get drunk.
Their right to carry a weapon does not outweigh the rights of other people to not get shot by someone drunk.

I'm saying there is nothing at the federal level that can prevent that from a DUI that was not major, didn't envolve a death, etc. it has nothing to do with common sense I'm talking about law here.

my guess it's because he's on probation

or are you saying you are against civilians carrying weapons in general??

nothing wrong with a well trained citizen but most are not. most CCW course are a joke, I've attended several in a bunch of states but that's just my opinion.

all i'm saying is that weapon gives a lot of people a false sense of security because if your not good with you hands and if confronted up close by another that gun is useless as the vast majority of people can not take a punch and definitely not a kick. while many that have grown up on the streets are used to mutual combat and can at least take a half decent punch from an equal sized or larger untrained person.

growing up in Philly I saw plenty of street fights and have seen many a trained MA get schooled by a untrained street fighter. American's watch far too many movies and in reality there are a lot of people out there with some decent hand speed and once you get stuck there is no recovering from that to continue the fight, your ass is getting stopped out and it's game over.

75% of homicides are committed by people that know each other and the rest are generally random acts of violence with a person being in the right place at the wrong time or they look physically weak and are a natural target for street crime IF you are in that type of area. as income and wealth increases the occurrence of street crime decreases exponentially, that being the case all one need to really do is stay out of the impoverished places of the metro and you've eliminated most threats.

Back