Conservative Policies are Driving Americans to Suicide?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,312

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points
    1002190314


    Conservative Policies are Driving Americans to Suicide?

    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    dogsoldier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,668

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rep Points
    586647330


    That's funny...we could say the same thing about Liberal Progressive Policies.

  3. #3
    Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER
    maniclion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mēns Incognita
    Age
    39
    Posts
    27,178

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1048643182


    Conservatives need to get back to the old Pre-Goldwater ways fighting for American Manufacturing, and jobs even if they are union jobs. Fucking Nixon in cahoots with those Chinese leeches..., but do go back to the Goldwater vs. Christian Right ways...
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

  4. #4
    DRSE ScatMaster
    withoutrulers's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bakunin's state
    Posts
    3,415

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1346059524


    Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    That's funny...we could say the same thing about Liberal Progressive Policies.
    you can SAY anything you want to. LAM provided a link backing his argument, perhaps you could do the same?
    "When in doubt, whip it out"- Mother Teresa

  5. #5
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,312

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points
    1002190314


    Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    That's funny...we could say the same thing about Liberal Progressive Policies.
    really which ones? like the ones that actually MADE the middle class in the US post the great depression and for the 40 years after...those sure were some shitty times for US workers from 1935-1975

    you mean the liberal cities up in the north and mid-west that were some of the largest manufacturing economy's in world history?

    where were the manufacturing centers in the conservative states again? which cities were those? oh that's right, there weren't any. they decided to sit out of the industrial revolution and continue to grow grops, cause that's where the money is...LMAO

    you might want to actually LEARN US economic history as it happened in reality, and not from right wing tv...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Swiper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,839

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points
    163961341


    you say we are way over populated, so what's your problem here? you should be praising these policies.
    -S-

  7. #7
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,312

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points
    1002190314


    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    you say we are way over populated, so what's your problem here? you should be praising these policies.
    suicide causes mental health problems with the survivors that they didn't really ask for, using various forms of birth control (managed DE-population) doesn't have such dire consequences.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,212

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points
    350664776


    So with Obama in the White house I'm assuming suicides have gone down the last 6 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Standard Donkey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    6,192

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    551977363


    Stuckler and Basu conclude their report by saying that, ?what we?ve learned is that the real danger to public health is not recession per se, but austerity. So what they're saying is... we should just let the deficit soar uncontrollably? I don't feel like would be a long-term solution Despite all of this, rather than take the Conservative approach that we took here in America, bailing out the banks and slashing funding to crucial government programs, Iceland decided to say no to austerity, and rejected major cuts to its social safety net programs.
    As a result, there was no significant increase in suicides during Iceland?s economic collapse.

  10. #10
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,312

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points
    1002190314


    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    So with Obama in the White house I'm assuming suicides have gone down the last 6 years?
    you obviously forgetting the policies that created the 30 year build up of debt that came to a halt in 2008.

    the fact that you think that any POTUS could fix the US economy as it stands is proof-positive you don't understand economics one bit.

    there is no fixing what's been done to the US, it's high unemployment, low wages and sluggish economic growth until the house of cards comes falling down. there are just far too many long term systemic problems that were all made substantially worst with the 2008 economic downturn.

    if you ever bothered to read any of the economic reports on this that I've posted you would know this and would stop expecting things to get better.

    it's going to take years for US household to deleverage and get debt ratio's back down to the historical average of about 50% of US GDP.

    a Historical Graph of Household Debt to GDP
    http://static4.businessinsider.com/i...27.23%20am.jpg

    and where we are now in the process
    Household Debt to GDP for United States (HDTGPDUSQ163N) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

    but the kicker is that the majority of the decrease in debt is not because people are paying it off, it's from defaults. so then there's that.

    and the huge increase in debt. it stated to increase directly after the USD went fiat and then took off after the implementation of conservative economic policy (supply-side economics).
    Households and Nonprofit Organizations; Credit Market Instruments; Liability (CMDEBT) - FRED - St. Louis Fed


    Deleveraging in Today's U.S. Economy - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

    Federal Reserve Bank San Francisco | Gauging the Impact of the Great Recession

    this stuff couldn't be any easier to understand...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    jagbender's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    8,751

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    994233852




    Yeah yeah yeah, It's Bush's fault right???
    Jagbender's battle of the bulge
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living

  12. #12
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,212

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points
    350664776


    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    you obviously forgetting the policies that created the 30 year build up of debt that came to a halt in 2008.

    the fact that you think that any POTUS could fix the US economy as it stands is proof-positive you don't understand economics one bit.

    there is no fixing what's been done to the US, it's high unemployment, low wages and sluggish economic growth until the house of cards comes falling down. there are just far too many long term systemic problems that were all made substantially worst with the 2008 economic downturn.

    if you ever bothered to read any of the economic reports on this that I've posted you would know this and would stop expecting things to get better.

    it's going to take years for US household to deleverage and get debt ratio's back down to the historical average of about 50% of US GDP.

    a Historical Graph of Household Debt to GDP
    http://static4.businessinsider.com/i...27.23%20am.jpg

    and where we are now in the process
    Household Debt to GDP for United States (HDTGPDUSQ163N) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

    but the kicker is that the majority of the decrease in debt is not because people are paying it off, it's from defaults. so then there's that.

    and the huge increase in debt. it stated to increase directly after the USD went fiat and then took off after the implementation of conservative economic policy (supply-side economics).
    Households and Nonprofit Organizations; Credit Market Instruments; Liability (CMDEBT) - FRED - St. Louis Fed


    Deleveraging in Today's U.S. Economy - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

    Federal Reserve Bank San Francisco | Gauging the Impact of the Great Recession

    this stuff couldn't be any easier to understand...
    Once again sarcasm is lost on you. Seriously dude, it shouldn't be that hard to recognize. I'm assuming in the "30 years before 2008" rant you are somehow skipping over the 8 years Clinton was in office?
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  13. #13
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,661

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    ''Oh right. [The bills] won't pass because the Republicans are not a legislative block. They're a legislative cockblock,'' Stewart observed. ''Hope is lost. These three weeks will pass, as have the last two years, with the audacity of nope.''

    personally I wouldn't care if people started lining up republican cockblockers and mowing then down. in fact i think it's just what is needed.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  14. #14
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,661

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    if you listen to them long enough you start to wonder where the labor camps and big ovens are being built.

    actually more poverty would result in more crime and prisons are already the modern labor camp for profit....

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  15. #15
    Metrosexual
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,605

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1863073860


    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
    personally I wouldn't care if people started lining up republican cockblockers and mowing then down. in fact i think it's just what is needed.
    Would you fell differently if we gave them Skittles?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 07:14 AM
  2. Obama more popular than his policies, poll shows
    By min0 lee in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 07:15 AM
  3. International Shipping Policies
    By darklight in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 08:02 AM
  4. Military stop/loss policies
    By kbm8795 in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 10:18 AM
  5. school athletic alcohol policies
    By RCfootball87 in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums