UFC Fight Night - Sat. Aug. 17

MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8PM/5PM ET/PT)

Mauricio Rua vs. Chael Sonnen
    Travis Browne vs. Alistair Overeem
    Yuri Alcantara vs. Urijah Faber
    Matt Brown vs. Mike Pyle
    Uriah Hall vs. John Howard
    Michael Johnson vs. Joe Lauzon

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 6PM/3PM ET/PT)

Michael McDonald vs. Brad Pickett
    Max Holloway vs. Conor McGregor
    Mike Brown vs. Steven Siler
    Diego Brandao vs. Daniel Pineda

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4:30PM/1:30PM ET/PT)

Manny Gamburyan vs. Cole Miller
    Cody Donovan vs. Ovince St. Preux
    Ramsey Nijem vs. James Vick
    ironmaglabs.com/15% Off Coupon Code = ebfitness15

ironmagresearch.com/15% Off Coupon Code = ebfitness15

Rep Points

I train at the same gym with Ramsey Nijem and Steven Siller. I'm hoping this fight goes well for both of them. they have put in quite a bit of effort.

I know a lot are picking Sonnen because of his wrestling skills, but i'm going the other way. When Rua is healthy he is a tremendous fighter at 205 and I don't think Sonnen belongs anywhere near that division. He needs to go back to 185 and battle Vitor for king of the TRT's. I think Rua TKO's sonnen.

Can someone just kill overeem already so he can go back to fighting K-1. He missed his window in the UFC
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Agent of Chaos
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Haha! Definitely an interesting card.

Rep Points

I don't see Sonnen beating Shogun at all! The only person I have ever seen make Shogun look bad was J Jones and since then he has came back like a champ! I think Sonnen is on Dana's good list because he has been willing to take some fights on short notice to help save a few cards and most guys still want to know who they are going to be fighting and still have some sort of training camp. I personally think Sonnen should have retired 1 or 2 fights ago and haven't seen him bring much to the table of late..........

Rep Points

One person has brought anything to Anderson or jones and that's weidman who will prob die in the rematch. He lost to the 2 best fighters in the world that nobody beats. It's kind of hard to judge anyone for not beating the 2 guys nobody beats. We'll see tonight
    "so tren makes you 6 ft 4 with wide shoulders and a pretty narrow waist at 270 or so? plus athletic and good looking and rich?

man we should all buy a bunch" -KOS

Rep Points

"so tren makes you 6 ft 4 with wide shoulders and a pretty narrow waist at 270 or so? plus athletic and good looking and rich?

Rep Points

Wow, sub of the night coming from chael? holy fucking shit that is crazy. did not see that coming. Please let him fight that dipshit vitor belfort now at 185. If the MMA gods ever loved me please let that happen

Way to go Steve Siler. That's what I like to see. nice KO buddy
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Rep Points

Also, super happy to see that douche bag overeem lose again. that is all. for now

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Sonnen talks sooo much shit people have started to discount him somewhat but he is legit. Hasn't always made the best decisions on what fights to take when, but that's his personality. He was the first person to make Silva look vulnerable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Agent of Chaos
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

RESULTS:

MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

Chael Sonnen def. Mauricio Rua via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 4:47
    Travis Browne def. Alistair Overeem via KO (strikes) - Round 1, 4:08
    Urijah Faber def. Yuri Alcantara via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
    Matt Brown def. Mike Pyle via KO (punches) - Round 1, 0:29
    John Howard def. Uriah Hall via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
    Michael Johnson def. Joe Lauzon via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 6 p.m. ET)

Michael McDonald def. Brad Pickett via submission (triangle choke) - Round 2, 3:43
    Conor McGregor def. Max Holloway via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
    Steven Siler def. Mike Brown via KO (punches) - Round 1, 0:50
    Diego Brandao def. Daniel Pineda via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4:30 p.m. ET)

Manny Gamburyan def. Cole Miller via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
    Ovince St. Preux def. Cody Donovan via KO (punches) - Round 1, 2:07
    James Vick def. Ramsey Nijem via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 0:58

Rep Points

Yeah Chael looked pretty good! Just swarmed him and never looked back, hope he doesn't test positive for elevated levels of test. I like Matt Brown, he is a tough kid and sure has turned it around after he lost his first 4 fights I think in the UFC.....

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dave 236 View Post
    Sonnen talks sooo much shit people have started to discount him somewhat but he is legit. Hasn't always made the best decisions on what fights to take when, but that's his personality. He was the first person to make Silva look vulnerable.
    I'd say Travis Lutter was the first to make Anderson Silva look vulnerable. He exposed Anderson Silva's weak takedown defense.

Rep Points

I doubt chael will test high again. He looked way more jerked when he popped high and imo it doesn't help fighting unless you're heavyweight but then you'll end up like ovovereem.

Chael and vitor would be good but vitor should be next at the middleweight belt. I mean what's he gotta do to get it and shit you gotta respect how good he is especially for how long he's been doing it.

I think chael should take another fight or 2 at middleweight and if he wins let him fight for the belt again. He should kill wand like he wants then a top guy then whoever has the belt which will prob be silva by that time

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Goodskie View Post
    I doubt chael will test high again. He looked way more jerked when he popped high and imo it doesn't help fighting unless you're heavyweight but then you'll end up like ovovereem.

Chael and vitor would be good but vitor should be next at the middleweight belt. I mean what's he gotta do to get it and shit you gotta respect how good he is especially for how long he's been doing it.

I think chael should take another fight or 2 at middleweight and if he wins let him fight for the belt again. He should kill wand like he wants then a top guy then whoever has the belt which will prob be silva by that time
    I don't want Vitor anywhere near a title shot, and I don't think Dana White does either. Yes, there have been champions in MMA who have taken steroids, but Vitor is a guy who would kill the credibility of the belt if he got it. Look at his body change since he lost to Silva. The questions about TRT, and cheating would be crazy, and a distraction from the UFC belt if Vitor ever got a hold of it. If Vitor didn't have the stigma of TRT clouding every entry into the ring he would have had his second shot at the belt already easily.

For the record, i'm fine with steroids in just about every sport except football, and MMA/Boxing. I want to see the peak of human performance in running, swimming, jumping, biking and everything else, but those are contact sports where it makes an already dangerous sport more dangerous. I'd be ok with under a dr's supervision, and publicly documented, steroids are used out of camp to help heal injuries. Problem is when out of camp there is absolutely no regulation until the day of the fight where the guy has to piss clean. That's not enough sorry for the rant. I think vitor is a cheater and should be run out of the UFC along with Overeem

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    I don't want Vitor anywhere near a title shot, and I don't think Dana White does either. Yes, there have been champions in MMA who have taken steroids, but Vitor is a guy who would kill the credibility of the belt if he got it. Look at his body change since he lost to Silva. The questions about TRT, and cheating would be crazy, and a distraction from the UFC belt if Vitor ever got a hold of it. If Vitor didn't have the stigma of TRT clouding every entry into the ring he would have had his second shot at the belt already easily.

For the record, i'm fine with steroids in just about every sport except football, and MMA/Boxing. I want to see the peak of human performance in running, swimming, jumping, biking and everything else, but those are contact sports where it makes an already dangerous sport more dangerous. I'd be ok with under a dr's supervision, and publicly documented, steroids are used out of camp to help heal injuries. Problem is when out of camp there is absolutely no regulation until the day of the fight where the guy has to piss clean. That's not enough sorry for the rant. I think vitor is a cheater and should be run out of the UFC along with Overeem
    I agree. I think it's funny how Vitor thinks that he is his own matchmaker. I hope he doesn't get the title shot.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Goodskie View Post
    One person has brought anything to Anderson or jones and that's weidman who will prob die in the rematch. He lost to the 2 best fighters in the world that nobody beats. It's kind of hard to judge anyone for not beating the 2 guys nobody beats. We'll see tonight
    I don't understand whats said here. Weidman is still undefeated and never fought jones.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jovan musk View Post
    I don't understand whats said here. Weidman is still undefeated and never fought jones.
    He was talking about chael sonnen, not weidman as the guy who lost to the two best in the world

Rep Points

makes sense