• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Why so few successful women?

Jeeper

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was browsing Forbes richest list, and noticed how few women are on it. But in delving deeper, the women that are on it almost all inherited their money from parents or a dead spouse. So why are women so much less inventive?

Nope. Married with kids.

I get there are fewer women in higher jobs and so forth, but why are there none that have invented anything, or started major companies, at least in comparison to men.

25% more women graduate from college than men. Why do they start fewer mega-successful businesses and why are there so few on the Forbes list that made money themselves?

I was browsing Forbes richest list, and noticed how few women are on it. But in delving deeper, the women that are on it almost all inherited their money from parents or a dead spouse. So why are women so much less inventive?

have you seen the male law makers on tv making the decisions about women and what they can/can't do with their own body's?

there's your answer.

there are plenty of rich woman out there but the Forbes list is a whole different caliber of financial success.

have you seen the male law makers on tv making the decisions about women and what they can/can't do with their own body's?

there's your answer.

there are plenty of rich woman out there but the Forbes list is a whole different caliber of financial success.

I get that there are a ton of very wealthy women, but why not on the highest echelon? Why no Michelle Dell, or Willamina Gates, or Warrenia Buffett. Most of the uber wealthy created a new area of the market. Why haven't any women done that? When I scanned the list Oprah was one of the wealthiest women that actually made her own money.

next time you are driving in the pouring rain ask yourself who invented the windshield wipers.

next time you marvel at the clarity of a space photo ask yourself who made that possible.

next time you see a flat bottomed paper bag ask yourself what guy invented that.

next time someone shoots you and you do not die because of kevlar...

ever wonder where levis, ll bean, esprit, and lands end get their cotton or why?

look up spread spectrum technology

next time you're loading your dishwasher...

if you ever need a ship to ship or ship to shore signal flare...

next time you use any refined crude oil...

when your kids were born they were given the apgar test. ever wonder why it's called that?

ever hear of geobond?

if you ever need cataract surgery...

next time you adjust the damper in your fireplace...

why does the dept of defense call it's computer language Ada?

how do you isolate a human stem cell?

do you have central heating?

first self made american female millionaire was a black woman that died in 1919

Madame_CJ_Walker.gif

at the time of her death in 1950 the woman that invented the coffee filter was worth over 3 million

this is just what i found in 20ish minutes there's tons more

The Rarer Sex: The Self-Made Women Billionaires Of 2013 - Forbes

The World's 100 Most Powerful Women - Forbes

[h=1][/h]

There are 138 women on this year's billionaires list -- up from last year's total of 104.

I get that there are a ton of very wealthy women, but why not on the highest echelon? Why no Michelle Dell, or Willamina Gates, or Warrenia Buffett. Most of the uber wealthy created a new area of the market. Why haven't any women done that? When I scanned the list Oprah was one of the wealthiest women that actually made her own money.

Men determine who gets the most and highest accolades. Oprah is the most well known because she made herself hard to ignore.

next time you are driving in the pouring rain ask yourself who invented the windshield wipers.

next time you marvel at the clarity of a space photo ask yourself who made that possible.

next time you see a flat bottomed paper bag ask yourself what guy invented that.

next time someone shoots you and you do not die because of kevlar...

ever wonder where levis, ll bean, esprit, and lands end get their cotton or why?

look up spread spectrum technology

next time you're loading your dishwasher...

if you ever need a ship to ship or ship to shore signal flare...

next time you use any refined crude oil...

when your kids were born they were given the apgar test. ever wonder why it's called that?

ever hear of geobond?

if you ever need cataract surgery...

next time you adjust the damper in your fireplace...

why does the dept of defense call it's computer language Ada?

how do you isolate a human stem cell?

do you have central heating?

first self made american female millionaire was a black woman that died in 1919

Madame_CJ_Walker.gif

at the time of her death in 1950 the woman that invented the coffee filter was worth over 3 million

this is just what i found in 20ish minutes there's tons more

The Rarer Sex: The Self-Made Women Billionaires Of 2013 - Forbes

The World's 100 Most Powerful Women - Forbes

Next time you're you're my dishwasher....?

IML Gear Cream!
Next time you're stomach's growling and you need a sandwich who makes that?

Next time you're stomach's growling and you need a sandwich who makes that?
Ouch...Classic but look out LW might put something not so good in your sandwich...lol

Next time you're you're my dishwasher....?

lol. jeeze i didn't know housework made guys have convulsions. it says "next time you're loading your dishwasher..."

Now look through those and find the ones that made it themselves. Almost all are inherited from dead parents or Husbands.

not almost all but a lot. i think it's sad that a lot of men made all that money and oops they are dead and the wife gets to spend it. these are men that kept their money. hoarding occurs more often among men. the self made women billionaires are self made... and women give more of their money away than men do, almost 100% more. Women's Philanthropy Institute: Women More Charitable than Men - TIME

have you seen this? not sure if it's what you meant you were reading. they wrote this article because people were asking the same question.

Why So Few Self-Made Billionaire Women? - Forbes

There are 1,011 billionaires in the world. Men account for 665 of self-made fortunes (as opposed to inheritance). In stark contrast, only 14 women on this year?s Forbes World Billionaires list have amassed a personal fortune of their own.

i hate to think it's as simple as men want to be billionaires and women want to marry billionaires but that just might be.

in considering rich women i think you can't just say almost all and mean just the Forbes list. a lot of people that never make any of their lists are still filthy wonderfully rich.

not sure i buy the whole disenfranchisement. leaning more toward the human nature explanation. what about you? it's cliche but true that no matter what a woman is achieving her mom's asking, "so when are you gonna get married.... have children?"

lol. jeeze i didn't know housework made guys have convulsions. it says "next time you're loading your dishwasher..."

not almost all but a lot. i think it's sad that a lot of men made all that money and oops they are dead and the wife gets to spend it. these are men that kept their money. hoarding occurs more often among men. the self made women billionaires are self made... and women give more of their money away than men do, almost 100% more. Women's Philanthropy Institute: Women More Charitable than Men - TIME

this might be part of the reason. women solely focused on careers still are thought of as not having a full life. i don't think men are ever thought of that way. Tory Burch Says There's Always A Stigma Attached To Ambitious Women

in considering rich women i think you can't just say almost all and mean just the Forbes list. a lot of people that never make any of their lists are still filthy wonderfully rich.

not sure i buy the whole disenfranchisement. leaning more toward the human nature explanation. what about you? it's cliche but true that no matter what a woman is achieving her mom's asking, "so when are you gonna get married.... have children?"

have you seen this? not sure if it's what you meant you were reading. they wrote this article because people were asking the same question.

There are 1,011 billionaires in the world. Men account for 665 of self-made fortunes (as opposed to inheritance). In stark contrast, only 14 women on this year?s Forbes World Billionaires list have amassed a personal fortune of their own.

i hate to think it's as simple as men want to be billionaires and women want to marry billionaires but that just might be.

286380-that-really-rustled-my-jimmies.jpeg

stop jingling your Jimmies and get to work. how long before you're a billionaire? :coffee:

IML Gear Cream!
try googling self made millionaires. you just get self made billionaires like the world farts on millionaires now. smh

Nope. Married with kids.

I get there are fewer women in higher jobs and so forth, but why are there none that have invented anything, or started major companies, at least in comparison to men.

25% more women graduate from college than men. Why do they start fewer mega-successful businesses and why are there so few on the Forbes list that made money themselves?

Look up the history on H.E.B. Grocery Stores...started in the early 1900's by a women Florence Butt...they are the largest private grocery chain in Texas and the second largest in the nation...80,000 employees and a annual revenue in excess of 25 billion dollars...

A women started that company...just an example..

I agree.

Funny. That was not what I was referring to but I guess I should have looked.

My personal opinion is that a lot higher percentage of men are willing to sacrifice everything in their life and take enormous risks to be successful.

women also were not been fully integrated into the US workforce until the 60's and 70's only briefly during WWII to help with war time manufacturing.

then you also have to factor in where the majority of women work in service, large fortunes can only be made in the manufacturing/production of capital goods and then expansion into finance.

Men are given some incentives that a lot of women don't get. For example, if a man isn't financially successful, he's far less likely to find a mate. For women that pressure didn't exist at all for centuries. Likewise, women tend to care about how they look a lot more because well...if they look like shit they're a lot less likely to find a mate. Men don't usually get that pressure. Things are starting to even out though, and will do so more as time goes on.

I come from a culture where most women hate the idea of going out and working on a schedule. Many like to go to school and be educated but the expectation is that they will marry a successful man and will be given the freedom to do whatever they want on their own time. And it's the women that prefer it to be that way, not the men.

Men are given some incentives that a lot of women don't get. For example, if a man isn't financially successful, he's far less likely to find a mate. For women that pressure didn't exist at all for centuries.

"Being an ugly woman is like being a man. You're gonna have to work." - Daniel Tosh

Also, just because you create legislation that insists you hire based on race or gender doesn't mean that the people hired via such laws are going to be any good at it.

Back