Team RamRod
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Ben Affleck is the next Batman

Team RamRod
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Rep Points

Love those two pictures. Everyone knows I didn't like the last Superman. I was pretty clear on it. I don't think this helps the next one either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Rep Points

He is going to be as bad or worse than Clooney.

Rep Points

I think they made enough Batman's, what is this #8

Rep Points

sure fire way to make it flop!!!

Rep Points

A lot of people said the same thing about heath ledger before he had his defining role as joker. I was skeptical about him just like I am now but Ben affleck has put out some Oscar worthy movies recently and I'm hoping he will bring something different to the role. I think this could work but it would have to be the equivalent of how heath put his heart into the role.
    Steriodforyou.com

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jadean View Post
    A lot of people said the same thing about heath ledger before he had his defining role as joker. I was skeptical about him just like I am now but Ben affleck has put out some Oscar worthy movies recently and I'm hoping he will bring something different to the role. I think this could work but it would have to be the equivalent of how heath put his heart into the role.
    ^This. Give it a chance.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jadean View Post
    The Oscar-worthiness is for directing.

Also, I've already seen Affleck as a superhero, but thankfully, I've been able to repress most of it.

Team RamRod
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gregzs View Post
    ^This. Give it a chance.

He's already destroyed the image of one amazing superhero, he shouldn't be given the chance to wreck another. It's going to be so hard to take him seriously as a cocky billionaire by day and ass kicking vigilante by night.

ALPHA MALE

Rep Points

he can act....was terrible as daredevil and he loved the character...I don't think he can do it

SHOW ME HOW RELENTLESS YOU REALLY ARE

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KILLEROFSAINTS View Post
    he can act....was terrible as daredevil and he loved the character...I don't think he can do it
    exactly what I was thinking.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Jennifer garner made daredevil watchable. Just saying.

Rep Points

I like BA as an actor,i don't think he could have pulled of the joker like HL did. I don't know, like DOMS said, Daredevil was just hard to watch and still like the guy.

Rep Points

Goodwill Hunting is in my top 10 favorite movies. But Matt Damon and Robin Williams are probably more the reason, although BA was damn good in there.
    10ml - 50ml - BLENDS - HGH - RAWS - HCG
    *** YOUR ONE STOP SHOP ***
    Quality-Anabolics@safe-mail.net

DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

How they going to resurrect batman after the last movie? It was all a dream???
    TheCaptn' is not a registered proctologist. His post are for his amusement only. Please seek proper medical advice if symptoms persist.

Rep Points

Spoiler alert. A real life tranny will take the place of Batman. And rumor has it Heath will make a short appearance.

Rep Points

Guys lets not forget....
    "so tren makes you 6 ft 4 with wide shoulders and a pretty narrow waist at 270 or so? plus athletic and good looking and rich?

man we should all buy a bunch" -KOS

Rep Points

Give him the gears!!!!
    "so tren makes you 6 ft 4 with wide shoulders and a pretty narrow waist at 270 or so? plus athletic and good looking and rich?

man we should all buy a bunch" -KOS

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by theCaptn' View Post
    How they going to resurrect batman after the last movie? It was all a dream???
    You think he died in the last Batman? That's open to interpretation. I can't imagine Batman forgetting to fix the auto-pilot. Bullshit on that idea. Batman lived.

Plus it's entirely different universe. Superman wouldn't exist in Nolan's Gotham.

That said, Affleck is a horrible choice for Batman. Like Nic Cage was either chosen or in the running for Superman at one time, they should drop Affleck ASAP.

DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

^^^ curt had nightmares
    TheCaptn' is not a registered proctologist. His post are for his amusement only. Please seek proper medical advice if symptoms persist.

Rep Points

^ night terrors.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Nope

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    That said, Affleck is a horrible choice for Batman. Like Nic Cage was either chosen or in the running for Superman at one time, they should drop Affleck ASAP.
    there is just nothing "bad-ass" about Afleck. him getting mad in a role is like my 13lb chihuahua/greyhound mix showing his fangs, it's just not scary or intimidating under any conditions.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    You think he died in the last Batman? That's open to interpretation. I can't imagine Batman forgetting to fix the auto-pilot. Bullshit on that idea. Batman lived.

Plus it's entirely different universe. Superman wouldn't exist in Nolan's Gotham.

They showed him at the end of the damn movie alive, it's not open to interpretation. And yes, Affleck is a whiny douche who just so happens to be married to a woman I fap to in my mind frequently watching old episodes of Alias when she was actually an actress. Oh, he will suck as Batman just like Clooney or Val Kilmer did. Not smooth in the delivery, not even remotely believable as a fighter and how would he have a green energy bat mobile (he is gay like that and would so want it in the movie). Ok, that last one I made up but seriously, he's a douche nozzle as an actor, much, much better as a director.
    AY Fan Club President.

"Damn, sometimes I think you guys make being stupid seem like a skill set." - Troubador

Rep Points

Ryan Gosling Could Have Been Batman

Ryan Gosling. He could have been Batman.

Following the surprise announcement of a Superman/Batman movie at San Diego Comic-Con last month, rumors ran wild as to who would next don the cape and cowl as the Dark Knight.

One rumor is being reported as "true" by THR: Ryan Gosling. They write Gosling was a studio pick for the role, but Gosling refused it because he does not like sequels.

The studio reached out to Affleck, at an earlier point in time he didn't seem too interested. After a lot of convincing, he was curious about the idea and thus began conversations of character and story development. Once his curiosity was satisfied WME took over the negotiation process. Included in these negotiations is a multi-picture deal (not clear on WHAT movies,) and appearing as Batman in a Justice League movie. And, he may even direct that movie.

It is a surprising move by Affleck, who had recently turned down 20th Century Fox's offer to wear the red suit in a Daredevil re-boot. Chris Nolan reportedly offered Affleck the chance to direct Man of Steel, but he said "no" because he did not desire to be involved in the superhero genre again (despite being a big comic book fan.)

As for Daredevil, it was 10 years ago. Even Affleck conceded it wasn't his best work. But, people evolve a LOT in 10 years, and he has performed admirably since. It's like us being held forever accountable today to something we all did when we were 12 years old and still growing. His recent projects show the growth and development, winning the Oscar for Best Picture in February.

The next installment in the Man of Steel franchise, not yet officially titled, has Henry Cavill (Clark Kent/ Superman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane,) Diane Lane (Martha Kent,) and Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) reprising their roles in addition to Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/ Batman. The movie begins production in early 2014 and releases wide in theaters July 17, 2015.

AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

God...Who would fork over money to see affleck as batman? No one.
    All orders come with automated status updates, so you're never left wondering
    Want a Discount? current promo code levram20 for 20% off!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ddirected39293
    The Oscar-worthiness is for directing.

Also, I've already seen Affleck as a superhero, but thankfully, I've been able to repress most of it.
    Well he directed and starred in the best picture of the year. Every actor has a few movies they regret and although daredevil really really sucked, it was a long time ago. I know I'm not the same kid that I was ten years ago and I'm sure most of you have matured in that same timeframe.
    Steriodforyou.com

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    They showed him at the end of the damn movie alive, it's not open to interpretation. And yes, Affleck is a whiny douche who just so happens to be married to a woman I fap to in my mind frequently watching old episodes of Alias when she was actually an actress. Oh, he will suck as Batman just like Clooney or Val Kilmer did. Not smooth in the delivery, not even remotely believable as a fighter and how would he have a green energy bat mobile (he is gay like that and would so want it in the movie). Ok, that last one I made up but seriously, he's a douche nozzle as an actor, much, much better as a director.
    They showed him at the end of the movie in the identical setting of a fantasy that Alfred had of Wayne after he imagined him walking away from crime fighting.

The scene may have just been Alfred's imagination.

DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast