Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

UFC 164: HENDERSON vs. PETTIS 2

Agent of Chaos
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

UFC 164: HENDERSON vs. PETTIS 2

Date: August 31, 2013
    Venue: Bradley Center
    Broadcast: PPV, FOX Sports 1, Facebook

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10PM/7PM ET/PT)

Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis - for UFC lightweight title
    Josh Barnett vs. Frank Mir
    Clay Guida vs. Chad Mendes
    Ben Rothwell vs. Brandon Vera
    Erik Koch vs. Dustin Poirier

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8PM/5PM ET/PT)

Gleison Tibau vs. Jamie Varner
    Tim Elliott vs. Louis Gaudinot
    Pascal Krauss vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
    Chico Camus vs. Kyung Ho Kang

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:30PM/3:30PM ET/PT)

Nikita Krylov vs. Soa Palelei
    Ryan Couture vs. Al Iaquinta
    Magnus Cedenblad vs. Jared Hamman
    ironmaglabs.com/15% Off Coupon Code = ebfitness15

ironmagresearch.com/15% Off Coupon Code = ebfitness15

Rep Points

Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis - for UFC lightweight title -Pettis again.
    Josh Barnett vs. Frank Mir -Mir gets back in the win column
    Clay Guida vs. Chad Mendes -Mendes, after running away from gray maynord and bouncing his head like a bobble head i can't stand Clay Guida.How is he even still on a main card?
    Ben Rothwell vs. Brandon Vera - Ben Rothwell
    Erik Koch vs. Dustin Poirier flip a coin, i've no idea
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Agent of Chaos
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

I went to high school with Brandon Vera; it's been tough being a Vera fan, haha! He started out on fire in the heavyweight division, and then it all just went to shit. I'm really surprised he's still in the UFC. If he doesn't win this one, I really think he needs to hang 'em up...but I'm still a fan...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ebfitness View Post
    I went to high school with Brandon Vera; it's been tough being a Vera fan, haha! He started out on fire in the heavyweight division, and then it all just went to shit. I'm really surprised he's still in the UFC. If he doesn't win this one, I really think he needs to hang 'em up...but I'm still a fan...
    yeah, it sucks when you know a guy personally and then he loses. I'm a huge fan of nfl football, been following the broncos since i was a kid on my dads knee. But i take ufc loses from guys i know personally so much harder.
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Rep Points

I'm hoping biochem is right in his predictions
    "so tren makes you 6 ft 4 with wide shoulders and a pretty narrow waist at 270 or so? plus athletic and good looking and rich?

man we should all buy a bunch" -KOS

Rep Points

I want to say the fights last night were awesome on Fox sport 1 last night. Condit showed why he is ready to make another run at the title, whoever holds it.

Also way to WAR Court McGee. I know the guy personally, and he is just as awesome in person as he is on TV. Nicest guy in the world. Works his ass off to have conditioning for days, and is always coming forward. Great heart in him.

Rep Points

I also think Condit is a very complete fighter! I think he is naturally gifted and his ability to mix everything up makes him fun to watch and pretty dangerous to fight against. Also looking forward to the Henderson/Pettis rematch and very curious to see how Josh Barnett is going to do in the UFC. I bet he will make about 400K for his first fight.....

Rep Points

Condit showed why he is at the top of that challenger list at 170. Not many guys can hang with his conditioning. GSP just happens to be one of them. It just goes to show how dominate GSP is in his division. The next guy is a freaking beast, but still lost all 5 rounds to him, even the round Condit used an unorthodox combination, cought GSP, and almost knocked him out

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ebfitness View Post
    Vera looked good. I had him winning the first two rounds. That body kick in the first round would have put down a horse. Too bad he was fighting a guy too stupid to fall down. It's just tough going 15 min with a guy who is like sloth from the goonies. eventually sloth catches you, and uses retard strength to beat you to death with your own arm

Agent of Chaos
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    Vera looked good. I had him winning the first two rounds. That body kick in the first round would have put down a horse. Too bad he was fighting a guy too stupid to fall down. It's just tough going 15 min with a guy who is like sloth from the goonies. eventually sloth catches you, and uses retard strength to beat you to death with your own arm
    Yeah, now I'm hoping Vera doesn't get cut! He looked so much healthier being back at Heavyweight!

Agent of Chaos
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

RESULTS:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Anthony Pettis def. Benson Henderson via verbal submission (armbar) - Round 1, 4:31 - to become new UFC lightweight champion
    Josh Barnett def. Frank Mir via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 1:56
    Chad Mendes def. Clay Guida via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 0:30
    Ben Rothwell def. Brandon Vera via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 1:54
    Dustin Poirier def. Erik Koch via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 29-27)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

Gleison Tibau def. Jamie Varner via split decision (29-28, 27-29, 29-28)
    Timothy Elliott def. Louis Gaudinot via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
    Hyun Gyu Lim def. Pascal Krauss via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 3:58
    Chico Camus def. Kyung Ho Kang via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:30 p.m. ET)

Soa Palelei def. Nikita Krylov via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 1:34
    Al Iaquinta def. Ryan Couture via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
    Magnus Cedenblad def. Jared Hamman via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 0:57

Rep Points

Seems like theres a lot of title's changing hands lately ..
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude".
    Thomas Jefferson

Rep Points

Holy shit, just finally finished watching the fights! Looks like Pettis has Henderson's number! We'll see if they put together a rematch. Also didn't take long for Josh Barnett to get his first W back in the UFC. Still can't decide if i thought the fight was stopped alittle early or not. Mir did get dropped and did abit of a speed wobble when he tried to get up and a couple more shots would have probably done some unnecessary damage so maybe it was the right decision.....

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadd69 View Post
    Holy shit, just finally finished watching the fights! Looks like Pettis has Henderson's number! We'll see if they put together a rematch. Also didn't take long for Josh Barnett to get his first W back in the UFC. Still can't decide if i thought the fight was stopped alittle early or not. Mir did get dropped and did abit of a speed wobble when he tried to get up and a couple more shots would have probably done some unnecessary damage so maybe it was the right decision.....
    I'm convinced that Mir was certainly out on his feet and went completely limp when he fell. From that perspective it's hard to argue that it was an early stoppage. However I remember Cheick Kongo coming back and winning by knocking out his opponent from a similar disadvantage. So I can see an argument for allowing another couple blows. Personally I'd have liked to see Barnett tee off on Mir some more, but that's just because I think Mir talks a lot of shit for having his ass handed to him a bunch lately while touting what he had previously done.

Rep Points

Yeah Barnett did run through him pretty quick for Mir supposedly being a "tough guy". And I remember that Kongo fight quite well against Pat Barry, I jumped right out of my chair when he came back and knocked him out! great fight........