• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Diagnosed with Low T at 26...Need some general info and advice please!

jonnybravo22

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello everyone! I am new here and still learning a lot. I have done a lot of research myself but it would be nice to get some questions answered directly as you can find different answers all over the internet. So I decided to join a few forums and ask the questions directly.

A little about myself....cliff style

------I am 26
------Been lifting for a little over 4 years consistently but started when I was 18. I made okay gains except for my legs diddn't want to grow and I was in gym and lot more than others and had to be a lot more strict on my diet.
------Went to doctor (not for low T) a month ago and with some of my symptoms (extreme anxiety, apathy, depressions, no sex drive ever, stiffness, short term memory loss, etc). I run business since I was 21 I thought that a lot of the stress and anxiety was from that and this life was just normal.
-- ----Fist blood test came back as 245 total test....second test came back at 248 total test. I think free was 58.
-- ----He immediately wrote me a prescription for cyp. 100mg/Ml.

Questions.

1.I am on my 3rd week of shots....100mg once a week. I have not noticed much if any difference. Is this normal to start on such low dosage? I am having my 4th shot and blood test again next week.

2.I don't have the best insurance so its a little expensive for me. I think like 70 bucks for the 100mg/ml x10. I am seeing I can get it for a lot cheaper online. But the scary part is where...and should I ask my doctor if that is okay? (may be dumb question but he is close family doctor) Open to Pms for this...thank you.

3. I did not get on TRT for gym purposes...in fact I was totally against steroids mostly because of my lack of knowledge about them until now. I am not going to lie...I was pretty angry finding out I have been lifting for 4 years with all that hard work and had the T levels of a 60 year old man.....the Question...Can I still cycle T like everyone else. If I am prescribed 250 a week....can I go up to 500mg a week for 10 weeks and then come back down to 250.....obviously with blood test. I would like to get some of the time and effort back I lost being that I had Low T.

Thank you guys for any and all advice. A lot of this is new to me and I am still learning.

Here is what I was able to do last year with Low T.....Just to show you guys I did put the work and diet in.

Just copy and paste this I guess....it won't let me do the link. Just to bodybuilding.com

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154980883

At 26 you should find out what is causing this low T rather than jumping into TRT like that. Your doctor should know that before giving you cyp right away. If you don't have any insurance this will be expensive but I think worth it -- go see an endocrinologist. You might be able to get your own system up and running again with a restart or so. 26 years is pretty young to start pinning every week for the rest of your life.

To answer your questions:

1. 100mg is on the low side but I am a firm believer that 250mg is on the high side
2. You are not obligated to purchase what is on your script. I wouldn't tell your doc that you're going UGL tho.
3. You can up your dosage for a blast and come back to your TRT dose -- just make sure it's not around the time you visit your doc to check your bloods

He did extensive blood work and even a CT Scan.....he diagnosed me with Hypogonadism. He said that my blood work for my thyroids and my CT Scan was normal. I have been having all of these symptoms since I was about 18.

So I guess I will just keep doing 100mg a week. I see him next week.

Guess I am just being a little impatient and anxious. Ironic as those are the side effect haha.

That's not nearly enough. An endo can try to restart your HPTA and get your own stuff running again. Heck if you want you can try it yourself, there are a few protocols around the internet.

You lucky sob, I wish I could get a script that easily.

do you have copies of your blood work, what was you lh, fsh, and tsh levels?

I'm curious cause I'm going the my bloods right now, my first doctor jumped the gun and started me on androgel right away without testing anything but test and free test. I had to meet with another doctor one day and he took me straight off the andro and said the other doctor totally screwed me, i needed a bunch of other tests and had to be off any supplementation for 6 9 or even 12 months depending on the tests.

I think you can run cycles like anyone else and drop back down before your labs, if thats what your asking. you dont req any pct so if you get tested every 3 months you should be able to run 8 weeks on higher doses and take 4-5 weeks at normal doses before your next appt.

Hello everyone! I am new here and still learning a lot. I have done a lot of research myself but it would be nice to get some questions answered directly as you can find different answers all over the internet. So I decided to join a few forums and ask the questions directly.

------I am 26
------Been lifting for a little over 4 years consistently but started when I was 18. I made okay gains except for my legs diddn't want to grow and I was in gym and lot more than others and had to be a lot more strict on my diet.
------Went to doctor (not for low T) a month ago and with some of my symptoms (extreme anxiety, apathy, depressions, no sex drive ever, stiffness, short term memory loss, etc). I run business since I was 21 I thought that a lot of the stress and anxiety was from that and this life was just normal.
-- ----Fist blood test came back as 245 total test....second test came back at 248 total test. I think free was 58.

Questions.

1.I am on my 3rd week of shots....100mg once a week. I have not noticed much if any difference. Is this normal to start on such low dosage? I am having my 4th shot and blood test again next week.

2.I don't have the best insurance so its a little expensive for me. I think like 70 bucks for the 100mg/ml x10. I am seeing I can get it for a lot cheaper online. But the scary part is where...and should I ask my doctor if that is okay? (may be dumb question but he is close family doctor) Open to Pms for this...thank you.

3. I did not get on TRT for gym purposes...in fact I was totally against steroids mostly because of my lack of knowledge about them until now. I am not going to lie...I was pretty angry finding out I have been lifting for 4 years with all that hard work and had the T levels of a 60 year old man.....the Question...Can I still cycle T like everyone else. If I am prescribed 250 a week....can I go up to 500mg a week for 10 weeks and then come back down to 250.....obviously with blood test. I would like to get some of the time and effort back I lost being that I had Low T.

Thank you guys for any and all advice. A lot of this is new to me and I am still learning.

Here is what I was able to do last year with Low T.....Just to show you guys I did put the work and diet in.

Just copy and paste this I guess....it won't let me do the link. Just to bodybuilding.com

If I was in your situation, I'd dump the TRT and go online for the AAS. I think $70.00 bucks can buy 2 250mg x 10ml vials on some sites. I've been on TRT for almost 5 years and my body has grown accustomed to my dose of 1,000mg-2,000mg a month shots. The prescribed dose is 600mg/ml. a month and my doctors don't bother even ask me about my Test level over >1500ng/dl every month. Yet, I did get into a "knock down drag-out fight" with my female doctor about the tiny vials I get in the mail. "She blurted out you must be taking steroids or taking too much of the prescription". I'm busted!!! I took my gloves off and she won the fight. I would go up to 500mg. a week unless you doing time in a gym. A 500mg. shot every two weeks works fine. And with Test taking an average of 3-5 days to kick-in(that's in me)you'll have Test coursing through veins. I make sure that I stop for 14days prior to a blood so the Test level can go down a little between 800-1000mg. I think you'll do very well with your newly found ally.
Whether it's UGL or from a hospital pharmacy Test is Test, so she couldn't prove it and we let it go.
Since these past years the doctors have only circled or highlighted the elevated amounts.

Might be switching doctors....going to see a urologist that specializes in TRT on Wednesday. My current doc wants to back up off to injecting 1 time ever 5 days when I am just starting to feel better.

Give you guys a 3 month update...

3 Months Later on 80mg 2x a week.
Total Test - 696
Free Test - 212
Estradiol - 35.2
SHBG - Not in yet
Prolactin - Not in yet
Total blood count - All normal.
Prolatctin - 20.470 ng/mL Expected 2.700 - 16.900
SHBG- 18.8 nmol/L Expected 00.0 - 48.4

20131108_214009.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
Hope it goes good for you. My endo wants me barely inside the range and my age is at low end of the spectrum. Your SHBG looks good. Free Test has many assays I guess, different units of measure - what is the range your results state?

This is wrong on so many levels..test is test yes! But telling someone to dump their prescription over some underground shit you're uncertain of ..lol wtf.
and let me just add that testosterone replacement therapy isn't all it's cracked up to be . I truly and honestly recommend you figure out what the problem is before starting to your Trt if anything just save your vials and run cycles. No matter what you do it's a slippery slope and there's no going back once you get started. Just be careful brother educate yourself and learn before diving in. Too much bad information on the Internet to take everyones advice.

This is wrong on so many levels..test is test yes! But telling someone to dump their prescription over some underground shit you're uncertain of ..lol wtf.
and let me just add that testosterone replacement therapy isn't all it's cracked up to be . I truly and honestly recommend you figure out what the problem is before starting to your Trt if anything just save your vials and run cycles. No matter what you do it's a slippery slope and there's no going back once you get started. Just be careful brother educate yourself and learn before diving in. Too much bad information on the Internet to take everyones advice.

But I am already in my 4th month of TRT......??? So what are you saying I should do?

------I am 26

Questions.

100 mg once a wk ? If anything that doc should've had you split the dose to 2 a wk.

You mentioned you're depressed, are you taking any ssri's ? Cause this will also lower your test.
And also I found out that if you've had a brain, or head injury this will also cause hypogonadism. Also chronic use of pain meds will do the same.

I can confirm this 100% as of today!!!

Went to a TRT clinc and the Dr was spot on. Prescribed Anastrozole 50mg 1x week. My endo wouldn't prescribe an AI.

He even injected me with 200mg test cyp right there in the office, after learning it was time for my next injection. He wants to test me weekly to track levels because he's doubling my dosage and giving it every 7 days, not every 10 days like my endo.

But wait there's more...
My insurance is paying 85%. My endo communicating pharmacy said it wasn't covered.

What a relief. I'd recommend going to a HRT clinic too, all day...

I am not on an SSRIs nor had any head injury. Still going to try to get a pituitary scan before I continue the HRT forever.

Any suggestions on HRT clinics in the Virginia area that are covered by insurance???

Flood that sounds awesome. Where are you located?

Hey just wanted to say I am in the same situation you are. I a 26 and diagnosed with hypogonadism from an endo. My levels were 242 and 245. The DR ran all the tests and cannot determine a reason. I believe it is related to some crappy prohormones or test boosters I took at some point. I started TRT but since 242 is just low normal I can come off if I wanted. The DR says a small amount of T will not supress your natural production. I wouldn't be sold this is a life long commitment.

Back