• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

To add to the Provrion discussions of lately. Antidepressant properties (Blind study)

Vision

Super Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Please allow me to illustrate one of Provirons most pronounced effects ever, that somehow has failed to be discussed upon the masses.

Most of you that have ever took the breakfast of champions "Methandrostenolone", That's right, I'm talking about Dbol. What's the most apparent and conspicuous effects that takes place while taking Dbol? If you were about to say the "sense of well-being" than your correct. One of the most profound and desirable effects that we can have during a cycle..Now how about after a cycle? Or for longer durations? But we all know that many of us practice moderation with harsh orals,or I would hope, lol.

Well, one of the greatest characteristics about Proviron that has been shrouded and seldomly discussed is it's "Antidepressant" properties. With this being said, when it was first developed it was widely utilized in treatments for Bi-polar,OCD and Anxiety. As we know that depression is basically a chemical imbalance that comes about through the "Signaling" issues between receptors. Proviron improves the quality of the "channles" that the cells use to communicate and interact. Thus, a similar effect with Dbol where it drastically improves the sense of well being in users.

What I'm about to share is a double blind study that clearly shows undoubtedly astonishing results in the patients! An other great reason to consider this compound.
Why proviron is underestimated, the world may never know..
Thank you, Vision

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1985-28801-001

The effects of mesterolone, ... [Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 1984] - PubMed - NCBI

Citation

Database: PsycINFO
[ Journal Article ]

A comparison of the antidepressant effects of a synthetic androgen (mesterolone) and amitriptyline in depressed men.
Vogel, William; Klaiber, Edward L.; Broverman, Donald M.
Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Vol 46(1), Jan 1985, 6-8.

Abstract

• 26 depressed male outpatients were randomly assigned to 14 wks of treatment with either mesterolone or amitriptyline in a double-blind parallel treatment design. Ss completed the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression and a symptom checklist each week. Findings reveal that the drugs were equally effective in reducing depressive symptoms. Mesterolone produced significantly fewer adverse side effects than amitriptyline and did not produce hypomania or tachycardia, recognized side effects of amitriptyline. (10 ref) (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2013 APA, all rights reserved)

Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 1984 Jun;6(6):331-7.
The effects of mesterolone, a male sex hormone in depressed patients (a double blind controlled study).

Itil TM, Michael ST, Shapiro DM, Itil KZ.
Abstract

Based on computer EEG (CEEG) profiles, in high doses, antidepressant properties of mesterolone, a synthetic androgen, were predicted. In a double-blind placebo controlled study, the clinical effects of 300-450 mg daily mesterolone were investigated in 52 relatively young (age range 26-53 years, mean 42.7 years) male depressed outpatients. During 6 weeks of mesterolone treatment, there was a significant improvement of depressive symptomatology. However, since an improvement was also established during the placebo treatment, no statistically appreciable difference in the therapeutic effects of mesterolone was established compared to placebo. Mesterolone treatment significantly decreased both plasma testosterone and protein bound testosterone levels. Patients with high testosterone levels prior to treatment seem to have had more benefit from mesterolone treatment than patients with low testosterone levels. The degree of improvement weakly correlated to the decrease of testosterone levels during mesterolone treatment.

PMID: 6431212 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Good timing, I was thinking of adding proviron to my current cycle. I've heard a lot of controversy over the muscle building aspects of it, as in it doesn't have any lol. I'm curious if it would yeild better results overall while taking it during a cycle.(increase free test etc)

Good read thank you vision

Good timing, I was thinking of adding proviron to my current cycle. I've heard a lot of controversy over the muscle building aspects of it, as in it doesn't have any lol. I'm curious if it would yield better results overall while taking it during a cycle.(increase free test etc)

Unfortunately enough there's a vast amount of misconception among the internet panels and forums,that seems to be backed with theories vs opinions.. While many others advocated it to be the word of the gospel as if they read it in Bro-Science Chapter 10 verse 29:10..

As Per your curiosity; Fact- Proviron does NOT have the characteristics to build muscle on it's on, however, it can/will increase the bioavailability and activity of other steroids (i.e TESTOSTERONE) by displacing a higher percentage into FREE-FLOWING unbound state.

With this being said, it will render your trt, or other aas intake and help the receptors recognize it and utilize more. At the same time having a profound effect on aiding with estro.
Now how can people argue with this when it's been proven in blind studies? Trial and error? I suppose, but then I will question their exact intake,duration used, quality exc.

One can never convince the masses of what works and what doesn't. Why when you tell an individual that the paint it wet on the wall, without hesitation and not seeming to be convinced they instantly touch for their own investigation,and say "Your right it is wet"!?!? But yet, when you tell a perfect stranger that there's trillions of stars in the sky they believe you with no questions asked?lol

Great stuff!! Thank you. I will be able to give some real world shortly. I'm going to go 100mgs per week.

I have been preaching proviron for years... get on board fellas and lower the market price!

Great stuff!! Thank you. I will be able to give some real world shortly. I'm going to go 100mgs per week.
Please keep us updated with your experience. Dose adjusting may or may not be required, however we're all individualized and results may vary. So some adjustments may be needed to find your honey spot..
get on board fellas and lower the market price!
This is the unvarnished truth,simple as that.

I added provirion to my pct this go aroung and it has been amazing as far as mental attitude.

I added provirion to my pct this go aroung and it has been amazing as far as mental attitude.

Do you pct then go right back on, or do you just pct and then you're off a while? Reason being isn't proviron suppressive?

This go around I'm going to pct and stay off a while. I also plan on getting bloods to see for myself if the provirion hindered my recovery.

IML Gear Cream!
Bump for the Proviron Threads!

Yes sir! I love that info you posted. I reference it all the time!

However, since an improvement was also established during the placebo treatment, no statistically appreciable difference in the therapeutic effects of mesterolone was established compared to placebo

I can't wait to add proviron to my cycle ! :winkfinger:

Great thread, Vision. Nice to see another proviron thread! lol

I'm actually familiar with those studies when I was doing my research on the compound before I took the plunge and started using 150mg ED. Good stuff, thanks for sharing brother. My next run....I'm bumping it up another 50mg. I will post my results.

/V

This is a great thread, very interesting. But what it now leaves me wondering is that when you come off proviron could a person experience depression that normally had not ? Anyone experienced this ?

Leaves me also wondering if proviron might be best to taper off instead of simply stop.

Back