• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cutting

Mike_16_stud

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Guys I would like to get my body fat down a few percentages. I'm wondering what my daily calorie intake should be? Are there any specific diets that work? Like carb cycling? Not into keto. Any help would be appreciated.

There are several ways of cutting. There is high protein/mod fat/low carb approx. 50/30/20 there is mod-high protein/mod carb/low-mod fat approx.40/40/20, there is Keto and I know TP has a great carb-cycling program and more.

What are your stats? What are you currently eating and when? What are your goals? How serious/strict do you want to be while cutting? Have you read the sticky's at the top of this forum? - Newbie's Start Here and Essential Fatty Acids, recommended reading. :)

Thanks for your reply.

STATS

170 lbs
5'10"
19 years old
13% bf

My diet varies and actually I have not paid too much attention too it. I eat very well normally, but it seems once or twice a week I binge on everything I see at night. I don't know why but it needs to stop. I can be pretty strict if need be but I am willing to follow any information that you are willing to share. A normal day of eating looks something like this:

Meal 1
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
Protein shake (1 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 scoop whey, 1 tbsp fat-free sugar-free pudding mix)

Meal 2
Protein bar
1 1/2 cup shreaded wheat and bran

Meal 3
Lean protein or another protein shake
Vegetables

Meal 4 (pre workout)
1/2 serving VP2 Whey
1/2 serving Creatine HSC

Meal 5 (post workout)
1/2 serving VP2 whey
1/2 serving Creatine HSC

Meal 6
Varies-usually good protein source and vegetables

Meal 7
Protein shake or protein bar
Vegetables if hungry
-For some reason this is where I usually binge on everything (chocolate, pudding, ice cream) Don't know why, probably just cause bored at night and nothing to do.

I currently am not doing cardio. Should I be? How much? Yes I read Newbie article and EFA. Already new EFA and have been taking Flaxseed oil for some time. Grown to enjoy the taste. Thanks for taking the time to help me, I appreciate it. Mike

PS-How many calories do I need?

By the way, I am currently doing the MAX-OT workout which I found to be very effective. I am know only lifting 3 days a week, so meal 4 and 5 on non lifting days will probably be another protein shake. In the last meal should I avoid a protein shake because of the carbs?

What meal and when and how much on the Flax oil?

Are you sure you want to cut? If you plan on getting back into lifting more why not do a clean bulk and put on some mass :shrug:

Flax oil usually is eaten at lunch or supper. Always eaten with 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 TBSP.

also, i love skim milk in my protein shakes. Is this hurting progress? Another thing, if I did do keto, when I introduced carbs back would I gain back a lot of fat?

So many questions, so many questions.....Does caffeine negate the effect of creatine. I'm taking creatine but I drink like 8 glasses of tea a day (40 mg/cup) I don't drink tea when I take my creatine though.

I wouldn't suggest a Keto diet...you basically end up losing a lot of fluid...some fat but as soon as you re-introduce carbs you tend to get bloated, hold water, and appear as though you gained a lot of fat....what it really is is cell volumization from a fluid increase...BUT it plays serious games with your head.

I would suggest a 40/40/20 split...this will allow your body to continue using carbs...therefore no rebound w8 gain when you come off your diet...it gives you adequate fat, and protein levels are high. IMO it is easier to adhere to and you will have better energy and MUCH BETTER pumps in the gym....other will disagree I know...JMO.

Back