IronMagLabs

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Pure Protein ?!?!?!

LA ISLA BONITA

Rep Points

Pure Protein ?!?!?!

I got a quick question for some of the experts on this site,

I've been working out pretty much without using any kind of outside protein intake, except ofcourse from my food. Wanted to start taking best quality protein(price is not an issue). But i did research and talked to some people at the gym, come to find out that almost all protein powders(i am interested in whey isolate), have all these other chemicals/additives/sweeteners/vitamins.

Question, can someone point me to a protein(whey preferablly), which has highest concentration of whey isolate without all the other additives mentioned above. Im looking for the China white of Proteins. Just protein and no other bull****(such as aspertane).

THANKS VERY MUCH
    BiG

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

You can get flavorless if you like, from www.proteinfactory.com and probably www.proteincustomizer.com also.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I use Optimum, but yes it has carbs. If you get Vanilla you get more servings over chocolate, because chocolate requires alot of sweetner volume.

10 pound bag, under $40, 160 servings (Vanilla not choc). Total fat 2g, 1g saturated, Total carbs 2g, sugars 1g, protein 22g.

This is a blended whey. Total BCAA 22.4/Total EAA 43.5 = 51.5% ratio, 170mg calcium, 55mg sodium, 105mg potasium. 110 calories per serving, 15 calories from fat (9 cal per gram) so its slightly under 2g according to that.

Fit Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Why are you so paranoid about a few additives...I'm sure you consume other foods in your diet that contain chemicals such as pestisides (fruits and vegies), sodium, sweeteners, SUGAR. etc.

Don't get caught up int eh little things...think on a larger more expanded outlook.

The list goes on....alcohol, staying up late at night, second hand smoke, stress, overtraining, etc.

A little sugar or sweetener in a protein isn't going to hurt you.
    Searching for the right balance...

LA ISLA BONITA

Rep Points

lets say i was to take like 50 grams of protein a day, would it be better to consume all 50 at one time like in the mourning, or better to take like 25 pre workout and 25 post work out ???

thankX

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

You really need at least 1.5g per lb of bodyweight. If you weigh 150, you need 225g of protein per day.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

LA ISLA BONITA

Rep Points

WHAT ?????????? thats crazy, im 180 6'0.

that means i need 270g A DAY !!!!!!!!!, thats insane. Jay Cutler takes that much, and he is a pro.

i dont even need half that, i just want to put on like 10 pounds of muscle, not become the hulk. haha

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I try to get at least 400 a day myself!
    It would blow your mind what Jay would take! I think I've seen where GP takes over 500 a day! It takes it to build muscle!! All BB's wanting to gain muscle need 1.5 to 2g per lb of bodyweight!
    I will usually take 50 -60g at one time!!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

LA ISLA BONITA

Rep Points

what kind of protein are you taking DG ??? i was thinking about optimum nutrition 100 % whey

p.s.

you must be fooocking huge taking that much protein

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Yeah I use a lot of Optimum! Good stuff. They recently upgraded and it is mostly isolate now! Beverly makes good protein too. I'm small! Just trying to get huge!! 5'9" 195lb

End of the world
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by BigBallaGA
    lets say i was to take like 50 grams of protein a day
    Perhaps you meant to say 50 grams of protein per meal?

I'm with with dg on this one. I shoot for at least 400 grams a day, and have hit 500 on occasion.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

WHAT ?????????? thats crazy, im 180 6'0.

that means i need 270g A DAY !!!!!!!!!, thats insane. Jay Cutler takes that much, and he is a pro.

i dont even need half that, i just want to put on like 10 pounds of muscle, not become the hulk. haha
    Thats a joke right? Jay Cutler takes in probably 600-700 or more, national level guys are in the 600s all day long. Jay also eats about 18 times a day, once an hour.

Whey does not sit in the system very long, it is not suitable for an all day protein. This is why people eat 6 times a day or so, to allow for a continual protein uptake.

If you only want 10 pounds of muscle, that is such a minuscule, undetectable amount that you could do that on practically any diet. However to gain 10 pounds of weight you need to eat more than you are now, since you are eating an amount that maintains your bodyweight.

I've outweighed you by 60 pounds and dont really consider myself all that big, 10 pounds should be a cake walk.

LA ISLA BONITA

Rep Points

man you guys are crazy....... thats gotta be taxing as shit on your livers taking that much protein.

also, does anyone know what kind of sweetener is used in optimum nutrition 100% whey, fructose, sucralose or something else.

Rep Points

I eat 200G Protein a day and I'm 120lbs. I drink plenty of water.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

There has never been any proof that protein is hard on the liver! I think that is bunk!

LA ISLA BONITA

Rep Points

i think if i ate 200g a day, with my genetics (uncle is bodybuilder), i could get suppper cut in about 6 months.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Remember, it's not protein that gets you ripped! It is your overall diet that does that! Protein gives the body what it needs to build muscle.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

man you guys are crazy....... thats gotta be taxing as shit on your livers taking that much protein.
    Yeah, thats why Steve Reves, Arnold, and Lou died like 40 years ago, because its so hard on the body. Drink the water and you have nothing to worry about.

With all the genetically enhanced food, cyanide and chlorine in the water you drink, you think a little protein is going to give you scerocis of the liver? Let us not forget how much crap you breath in every day, especially for smokers, who can breath in heavy metals via high temps on the cigarettes flame front.