Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

what is High Intensity Interval Training-HIIT?

Rep Points

what is High Intensity Interval Training-HIIT?

could you design me a program for the treadmill. Right now i warm up for a minute, run a mile, walk for 3 minutes, run a mile, walk for 4-5 minutes and run about .75 miles then walk until 45 minutes is up to cool down. What could i be doing better? I'm on a cutting diet plan currently.
    "fuck it all, and fucking no regrets"

James Hetfield

Damage Inc.

Meathead
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Rep Points

i'm in reasonably good cardio shape cause i've been running off and on for about 2 months so i'm not gonna start at 4 minutes i'll start at 10. I do 30 second jogging sprinting intervals for the whole 10 minutes?
    "fuck it all, and fucking no regrets"

James Hetfield

Damage Inc.

Well Read
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by cheesegrater
    i'm in reasonably good cardio shape cause i've been running off and on for about 2 months so i'm not gonna start at 4 minutes i'll start at 10. I do 30 second jogging sprinting intervals for the whole 10 minutes?
    Cheese – that will work fine if you can sustain it 10 minutes: I warmup about 4 minutes slow/moderate jog, then 8 cycles of 20 sec sprint (and I mean all out) and 10 sec jog followed by 4 min cool down. That’s it – very simple. It's a ‘lil hard/uncomfortable for a short time but its over fast. And what a terrific metabolic raise and anaerobic conditioner (with some cross train benefit too). I change ratios now and then to mix it up – try 30 sec sprint and 30 jog intervals or increase number of cycles significantly as you get more developed capacity. After doing this for about a month, the cross train benefit permitted me to do sustain “normal” aerobic/cardio very close to max heart rate (90-95%) for 30 minutes without breathing hard (but have a mop handy for the sweat). It’s an amazing conditioner.
    "Doc, If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself..."

Est unusquisque faber ipsae suae fortunae.

We Americans scoff at the likes of African witch doctors yet spend 100's of millions of dollars on fake reducing systems.

The only regular exercise he gets is stretching the truth.

His intellect is not replenished, he is only an animal, only sensible in the duller parts...

Rep Points

so you do 20 sec sprint, then 10 seec jog then a 4 min cool down and then repeat this process 4 times?
    Chuck Norris once lost his keys and couldn't remember where he put them. So he tortured himself for half an hour until he gave up their location.

Well Read
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by oaktownboy
    so you do 20 sec sprint, then 10 seec jog then a 4 min cool down and then repeat this process 4 times?
    No Oak - I do 20 sec sprint 10 sec jog and repeat that cycle for a total of 8 times or more - then do a 4 min slow cool off to catch my breath and then its done. If you do this outside running you might be amazed at how far this will get you from your starting point if you run in one direction. Take a slow walk back since its going to be an additional opportunity to burn about 100% pure fat when your heart rate comes back to the planet and every little bit helps. I actually think in terms of wanting to shed an absolute minimum of 1/7 a lb of fat daily but strive for 2/7 a pound. So to get your self motivated think about this little exercise as an opportunity to forever remove a hunk of fat from your body. Believe me it works and has additianl cross train benefits in the cardio and strength/endurance domains.
    "Doc, If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself..."

Est unusquisque faber ipsae suae fortunae.

We Americans scoff at the likes of African witch doctors yet spend 100's of millions of dollars on fake reducing systems.

The only regular exercise he gets is stretching the truth.

His intellect is not replenished, he is only an animal, only sensible in the duller parts...

Rep Points

AWSOME just what i was looking for! I'm gonna start tonight after i go hit some golf balls!!!
    If your feelin froggy then jump!BITCH

I AINT EVER SCARED!
    ME I'M JUST ME!